Custom start fun

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Roeleveld
x4

Re: Custom start fun

Post by Roeleveld » Thu, 25. Nov 21, 07:29

budforceuk wrote:
Wed, 24. Nov 21, 20:04
Nanook wrote:
Wed, 24. Nov 21, 19:50
budforceuk wrote:
Tue, 23. Nov 21, 20:27
I take it thers isnt any way to repair modules on ships?
Not sure what you mean here. If you mean in a shipyard/wharf, yes there is. When in a shipyard/wharf/eq. dock, before you replace anything on the ship, go to the bottom of the list and do the repair (wrench/spanner icon). If you hover over that with the cursor, you'll see a list of items that will get repaired. Do that before making any other changes, then check to see what's now on the ship.

Also, over time if you have service crew on the ship, many items will get repaired but it could take a lot of time depending on the severity of the damage.
Oh, I m going full pirate.

I'm hostile to everyone apart from SCA/Hatikva/Yaki

As far as I know they don't have any stations you can do that, the Yaki one sort of, but it never has any resources.
SCA have a shipyard.
Usually in
Spoiler
Show
Hewa's Twin IV

budforceuk
x4

Post by budforceuk » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 09:11

So I managed to capture a builder, and a large Argon Freighter.

Flew the Elephant manually from Heretics End to Napolios Fortune where I am going to setup, that was nerve racking.

budforceuk
x4

Post by budforceuk » Fri, 26. Nov 21, 16:03

Well...........

That is some wierd behaviour.

The Yaki Wharf has been sitting there with my ship build request at queue number 1, requiring hull parts to complete, fine.

I had captured and then sold to that Yaki Wharf, several ships, which have been sitting in the station docked, and although showing the recycle icon on them, nothing was happening.

Anyway, move on several game hours, I managed to steal hull parts from another faction, then flew them manually to that Yaki Wharf, traded them the hull parts.

Wait a minute or soooo....

Then boom, my ship is now being produced, as expected..... but also oddly, all the other ships I sold to them, now all of a sudden start getting recycled?????

It's like it was stuck, or something, and now I have brought the station back to life!

This is good news though, because...what I might do is capture several more ships and sell them to the Yaki to be "recycled" into more hull parts, so I can use them to buy more ships.

It totally fits in with my game theme of going full pirate and I dont feel im cheating myself, they only sell the Moreya and the other one (cant remember its name) so still will have to ccapture everything else I need anyway.

Return to “X4: Foundations”