[Feedback/Sugestion] Resource Probe network info grouping/generalization

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MopDa
x4

[Feedback/Sugestion] Resource Probe network info grouping/generalization

Post by MopDa » Sun, 14. Nov 21, 09:38

I found it strange that when we do zoom out on trade filters we get best offers on "Selling" and "Buying" by groups of traders, but when we do same for Resource Probes groups, it seems like we get some "Average" information. Like... i'm speachless. Do we actually in any realistic scenario need the information about average levels of yeld of silicon in the galaxy?

I would suggest one of the ways (or maybe you can find a proper combination of both):
  • Way 1 "Do them like trade filter do". When you zoom out so that multiple resource probes got groupped, show maximum for each resource a probe reports in said group, then on hovering over the value show the probe of this group that reports this value
  • Way 2 "Do them by sector with heatmap". Allow grouping of probes only within one sector, allow player to chose one resource they are after and make a heatmap of sectors where said resource is reported by at least one probe
for way2 heatmap you already have "Star rating" to start off - each probe (or group of probes) show abundance of resource in "stars" from 0 stars to 5 stars.

way2 is bit more neat in case multiple nearby sectors report about the same level of a resource - in that case way1 will show only one possible way to go, where way2 will indicate there are multiple options to be chosen from

Also way2 may then be implemented over trade filter to show offers 1 cr cheper but in two sectors away rather then more profitable but on other end of the galaxy (guess, thats somewhat managable now by ajusting zoom level)

MopDa
x4

Re: [Feedback/Sugestion] Resource Probe network info grouping/generalization

Post by MopDa » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 16:06

Can this be done? I'm struggling

Falcrack
x4

Re: [Feedback/Sugestion] Resource Probe network info grouping/generalization

Post by Falcrack » Tue, 30. Nov 21, 16:15

You can see the total amount of each resource if you select a sector (just click on some empty space in the map for the sector) and select the "information tab". This only shows the amount of resource for the area which has been uncovered previously, but it can give you a good idea if some areas are more resource rich than others. Also, you could go into the encyclopedia, under under the "galaxy" tab, you can select individual sectors from the list, and it will list the total amount of each resource present in that sector.

Return to “X4: Foundations”