Feature Request: Make "Transfer Wares" an option for the Repeat Orders behavior

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

paeron24
x4

Feature Request: Make "Transfer Wares" an option for the Repeat Orders behavior

Post by paeron24 » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 06:56

4.10 and the recent patches brought several changes to station building such as being able to see the station relative to other things in the sector and being able to rotate modules in more than one axis. This has resulted in me (and many others I suspect) changing their station configurations. Because we can now connect multiple production or storage modules to a single junction point, many of these new designs are more compact. Some players might have built some of their original stations in less than ideal locations that they now want to tear down or change. In either case, we tend to end up with a LOT of leftover hull parts, energy cells, and claytronics sitting in build storage.

It would be nice to be able to reuse this excess material in new or replacement stations, or in a shipyard, or just sell off... but station build storage doesn't count as "tradeable" inventory. So, we're left manually transferring hundreds of thousands of station building materials by the only means available, which is manually clicking through the "Transfer wares" screen and then clicking through the trade screen again at the other end of wherever we're sending them to.

As an example of how painful this can be, a Sonra Large Freighter holds about 2400 Hull Parts or about half as many claytronics, and it takes on average (for me at least) 15-20 seconds to click my way through the transfer screens. So if I have 50k Hull parts that I'm transferring, and another 50k Claytronics, that's about 15 minutes per station of super not-exciting and not-efficient "click, click, drag, click, click, click, drag." I have about 25 stations I plan on putting through a redesign in my current "long-game"... and that works out to potentially 5 1/2 hours of just clicking through the transfer wares menu.

Letting us set a repeatable order to "Transfer Wares" would let players manage the same task in about 10 seconds and 5-6 total "clicks" per station, freeing up the other 5 or so hours to manage our fleets, or do some terraform missions with all those reclaimed station build resources, or sit back and just admire some of the beautiful scenery the game has to offer.

For this particular scenario allowing traders assigned to "Trade for Build Storage" to be able to sell excess wares might also work in lieu of the repeatable orders.. but station build storage is only one part of the problem. It'd be nice to use repeatable transfers to ensure carriers and support ships are stocked with player-produced wares, or allow S/M mining ships to mine/transfer loop with an L-size Miner to bolster its collection rate. Maybe have repeatable orders for S class ships to collect dropped inventory from a fleet action, transfer those goods to a Freighter or Capital ship loitering in the area, and then return to collect more inventory.

Return to “X4: Foundations”