Can you not sell raw resources???

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

donnellgraham

Can you not sell raw resources???

Post by donnellgraham » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 03:18

Ok another dumb question. Can you NOT sell raw resources after you collect them?

I have two stations set up to do nothing but collect resources. I intended to then use larger transports to move the resources I collected back to my Wharf. However, I can't get them to list any sell orders so I can't set up any automatic supply routes. Is it just that you can't sell raw resources after collecting them or what?

By the way I have tried with everything on automatic as well as manually setting the price to the lowest possible and manually selling at all different levels. I have even tried both restricted to internal only and unrestricted to see if that made a difference.

Also when I try to use the "repeat order" function, it shows that there is the resource there to trade but won't actually let me select a quantity to trade. No trade order shows up on the map though, everything is greyed out under sold wares despite having a sell order in place.

Help please. I am so tired of actually spending more time fighting the game mechanics rather than fighting the Xenon.

Note: The station will apparently sell Energy Cells even though it is not listed on the map and still will not allow sell orders on the raw resources.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Can you not sell raw resources???

Post by Falcrack » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 03:21

If you have a station with solid storage, you can have miners set to mine for the station to mine ore, silicon, ice, or nividium. To sell these raw resources, you need to create a sell order for them at your station, in the logical overview. You also need to assign some mining ships as traders. If they are assigned as traders, they will take the raw resources at your mining station and sell them at other places.

INSANEcyborg
x4

Post by INSANEcyborg » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 03:30

Having mining ships set to trade is the key part. Any ship that can carry raw resources can also collect them, so NPC ships will just gather more instead of buying from you.

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 12:28

I tried reading your post a few times but I don't understand your problem, so I'm just gonna respond to the title.

You can sell raw resources just like anything else on a station by making a sell order. But to carry them around you need ships with Solid Storage, which only mining ships have. You can't transfer solid goods to transport ships because they have Container Storage. Same goes for Liquid Storage, only gas miners can carry those resources.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 19:34

If by raw resources you mean mined wares then yes you can set up a mining trade station to sell to NPCs and I even recommend people do that early game as good source of money.

Be aware that in order to sell the mineables to NPCs you need to use mining ships as trade subordinates. From previous experience there may be issues if the station also consumes the mined wares, so I would recommend you do that in a separate station.

Return to “X4: Foundations”