Missing ship upon reload?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Scoob
x4

Missing ship upon reload?

Post by Scoob » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 17:06

Hey all,

I wanted to check if others experience this from time to time, it's rare and I cannot recreate it at will. Here's an example, this just happened to me.

Upon loading, I was approaching the gate to my "home" base in Heretic's End. Thirty seconds after loading, I'm in Heretic's end and there's an SCA Plunderer ship flying around. I go in to begin capture preparations, but get taken out while (I thought) hiding behind my now crippled target. It happens, I reload.

Upon reloading, I'm through the gate to "my" sector within thirty seconds once more but...no SCA Plunderer. I wait around a short while, nothing, it simply does not exist any more after loading. Perhaps this is a spawning thing. We know SCA ships just pop into existence and it's somewhat random. So, perhaps when I loaded the first time the SCA ship spawned in at that moment, but, reloading that save the game did not chose to spawn in an SCA Plunderer ship.

Just wondering what others experiences of this phenomena are. Have you ever loaded a save and encounter a ship moments later, then reloaded that same save and NOT had the same encounter?

Scoob.

Sirus5
x4

Re: Missing ship upon reload?

Post by Sirus5 » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 17:27

Had very similar -
again with SCA minotaurs - they spawn in different places if you reload...
If you hunt around a lot - you may find it on the other side of the sector.
I have had that happen quite a bit.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 17:37

Sirus5 wrote:
Sat, 23. Oct 21, 17:27
Had very similar -
again with SCA minotaurs - they spawn in different places if you reload...
If you hunt around a lot - you may find it on the other side of the sector.
I have had that happen quite a bit.
Thanks for confirming. I've been waiting a while now, just sat in Heretic's End, and that Pluderer ship hasn't shown up. It might have spawned in elsewhere in the sector, but I have both gates covered, good visibility from my own patrolling ships and I've set up an alert if an SCA vessel is spotted. SCA vessels don't use disguises - in my experience - when they are in a sector that's Player-owned or neutral.

I liked adding SCA ships to my fleet, so it's a shame when I lose one this way.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 19:28

Unfortunately it seems to be due to spawning. Reloading on a sector that does not contain the spawned SCA ship will not make it spawn where it did the previous time.

This is why I always do a "quicksave" before engaging one right in front of it, before even scanning it to reveal it's crew... Even if it's too "powerful" for me to capture (like too many missile turrets), I'll have it in front of me to think of other tactics in the quicksave reload.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 20:15

Likely due to differences in RNG. The ship might have spawned somewhere else.

I hope that SCA ships spawning is given some attention in the future so they are also built like other factions.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 22:02

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 23. Oct 21, 20:15
I hope that SCA ships spawning is given some attention in the future so they are also built like other factions.
Probably in the (supposedly coming) Pirate DLC. Personally I hope that major problems like OOS battle will be resolved before...

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 01:17

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 23. Oct 21, 20:15
Likely due to differences in RNG. The ship might have spawned somewhere else.

That's what I assumed, well, it was my best guess at least.

Indeed, having SCA - and any other Pirate factions - be part of the economy would be good. Have them build, buy or steal ships but not just pop into existence as they do now.

Return to “X4: Foundations”