Uploading a full dead is dead playthrough to youtube, is there interrest?, how do i do it?, and what to include?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Omni-Orb
x4

Uploading a full dead is dead playthrough to youtube, is there interrest?, how do i do it?, and what to include?

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 12:59

I was wondering, if i upload a full unmodded x4 dead is dead playthrough to youtube if there will be any interrest in it? Im not trying to be popular and i dont care about view counts. I just wanted to know if there would be any interrest, as long as there is at least 1 person who wil lcheck parts of it then its worth it for me. And i also some help in how to do it, all kinds of input and thoughts will be helpful before i start to ensure quality. I have much time, and a great will to play this game alot. I have about 1300 hours in the game already without exploiting SETA.
And if there is interrest how should i do it considering sound (Music off?) And what highlights should i lable and how (Bugs?, Sections of combat?, Boarding etc). Should i provide reports on what i did in each session?
I remember seeing someone from the egosoft team saying they wanted to know more how people play the game, and if i lable it correctly they can check the parts of it if they want.
It will be no commentary, unedited footage other than making it look seamless.
It would be in 4k with these settings: https://i.postimg.cc/3J0mQQ5N/20211023125952-1.jpg
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 23. Oct 21, 19:16, edited 10 times in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
Credence follow stars.

Dj_FRedy
x4

Re: How interresting would it be if i uploaded a full playthrough to youtube?

Post by Dj_FRedy » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 13:06

Perhaps this publication can answer some of your questions:

https://www.egosoft.com/support/faq/faq ... &version=0
"All my contributions to the Technical Support and Public Beta Feedback sections will be concise and to the point, no diatribes, that's what the other sections are for".
Thank you for your efforts.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Uploading a full dead is dead playthrough to youtube, is there interrest?, how do i do it?, and what to include?

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 21:50

My main concern is that a game bug does not end up getting you killed. For example you bumping into something and getting flung at some fraction of C (speed of light) into a kill zone like a planet. It is unlikely it will happen, as I have not encountered it for a long time and even then it might not throw you into a kill zone, but people do still file the odd report that they are flung a silly distance.

This sort of play mode would likely attract a following if live streamed and there was facility to interact with X4 from the chat, such as with hype trains or super chats. Assuming that something out of control does not get the player.

The other major risk point is when forced to use your space suit due to how fragile it is. Even a stray bullet can kill you. Many of the storylines force the player to use the space suit. In normal play you can save to mitigate this risk, but not if playing "dead is dead".

Falcrack
x4

Re: Uploading a full dead is dead playthrough to youtube, is there interrest?, how do i do it?, and what to include?

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 22:04

I love playing X4, but my oh my watching other people play can be pretty darn dull! Unless the person playing has insightful or funny commentary, then it is a bit like watching paint dry as a person silently manages their stations and ships on the map.

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 23:38

I think everyone would appreciate a well done EDITED, X4 playthrough. There are lots of full non-cut playthroughs around and they don't get many views. Cause let's face it, not much is happening in X4 most of the time. Which is part of the charm but not good for viewer content.

I don't think a no death playthrough is necessary. It will prevent you from taking risks which is what makes the game fun and gets you content. If you think things are too safe for anything to happen just declare random wars on factions.

Post some 15 min edited clips of your progress. If they're well made I'm sure there will be interest. Also would recommend using VRO or whatever mods make the game more interesting.

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 01:10

Actually i usually never get stations, i like the combat aspect of the game, so my plan was to get a combat fleet through boarding without any more stations than the phq with a few modules like storage for research. Then see how fast i can delete the xenon from the galaxy. For the fun of it since i find the economic way of playing with too much menu management really boring. I feel like i have a few goals for different playthroughs. Another one is that i delete all factions other than terran, and then let the xenon take over the whole galaxy while setting up defences at the terran borders. And again without really doing the economic station/miner/trading management way of playing. I have 1300 hours played in x4 and according to the achievement i have built 5 stations total. I would end the first playthrough after i deleted all xenon from the universe, cause in my mind that is how i win. The play would have me in personal combat for most of the play even if most of it would be from the bridge of a battleship.
Credence follow stars.

Return to “X4: Foundations”