Just wanted to share my game plan, who else like this?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

csatrad
x4

Just wanted to share my game plan, who else like this?

Post by csatrad » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 00:27

Hi

My game plan really is to supply the existing factions ALL needs, and simply see what they do if they have no shortages of any kind and have plenty of backup if they decide to expand.

At first I tried to do this with a flee of carefully assigned traders. however the raw material income was something traders couldn't provide and production quickly burned trough all refined goods.

So then I tried fill up the back-end with a swarm of miners that fill up all production stations storages to the brim. However those supprisingly quickly completelly got full and very clearly showcased a serious lack of production capability in certain products.

So (where I am now) in the process of continously construct ever more robust bases to fill up the gaps in the entire production chain. However this drained pretty much all my pre exisint traders and miners as well as all accumlated credits I got.

To avoid pretty much doubling computation in my sandbox I decided to spoon feed every sectro most in demand resources directly instead of helping out theire own logistics and raw material needs. At the moment I really enjoy this gameplay I found, it is very reminiscent of the old TTD where you scour the planes for possible trading exploits sometimes inversting big into mega projects to fullfill continously changing demands over youre action, endlessly optimizing in the process and sometimes beat up entire sectors with extreamly long but ultimatelly rewarding Asgard accumlation due to my first target of Terrans to fill up theire production. (very close to completely cover all terran bases storage capacity, already starting on Split as next).

Zloth2
x4

Re: Just wanted to share my game plan, who else like this?

Post by Zloth2 » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 00:49

Yeah, that's reasonable: build not-huge stations all over to supply what seems most in need in that place. Those stations should make good money over time so your money will come back... in time. In the meantime, you might want to do some missions here and there. Getting more friendly will give you better prices, not to mention the rewards you get for the missions themselves.

Are you doing the HQ thing? Moving toward terraforming?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

csatrad
x4

Post by csatrad » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 01:58

Zloth2 wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 00:49

Are you doing the HQ thing? Moving toward terraforming?
Im not even remotelly there, im not sure if I ever do those tho. Its a nice mega project for giga empires or for those who took over the galaxy, but im not that guy. I like to stay back and move chords that resonates over the galaxy to dance on my music.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sun, 24. Oct 21, 21:26

csatrad wrote:
Sun, 24. Oct 21, 01:58
Im not even remotelly there, im not sure if I ever do those tho. Its a nice mega project for giga empires or for those who took over the galaxy...
The Teladi one to make a nividium store is really pretty easy. You teleport your base there, make a bubble city, make the nividium foundary, and you're done. Doing the teleport was actually more demanding, at least in my universe. Afterward, you've got a place to sell your nividium for higher prices.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

csatrad
x4

Post by csatrad » Fri, 29. Oct 21, 11:12

Zloth2 wrote:
Sun, 24. Oct 21, 21:26
csatrad wrote:
Sun, 24. Oct 21, 01:58
Im not even remotelly there, im not sure if I ever do those tho. Its a nice mega project for giga empires or for those who took over the galaxy...
The Teladi one to make a nividium store is really pretty easy. You teleport your base there, make a bubble city, make the nividium foundary, and you're done. Doing the teleport was actually more demanding, at least in my universe. Afterward, you've got a place to sell your nividium for higher prices.
When im done with my original plan Im gonna do a pirate switch and take over everything, while thats happening I plan to use the megaprojects teleport option to oneshot everything by teleporting on them.

Return to “X4: Foundations”