What version of X4 are you playing

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jaskan

What version of X4 are you playing

Post by Jaskan » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 01:58

I was enjoying a new start until i discovered xenon defence stations are indestructible by AI , apparently yet another bug in x4.

So just wondering given how unstable X$ can be as product lacking professional level testing, what version x4 are you using.

Cause i just found out i can roll back the version i am using via steam, but i assume that will only work for new start.

Also i am hoping once i roll back , it means i don't automatically get updated to latest version ever again.

So what version of x4 have you settled on for now

Cheers

LameFox
x4

Re: What version of X4 are you playing

Post by LameFox » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 04:57

I have stopped playing to wait for a patch at the moment, I don't want to abandon my current game to roll back, or to risk messing up its world by playing for too long with the OOS combat issues.
***modified***

paiku
x4

Post by paiku » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 06:31

LameFox wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 04:57
I have stopped playing to wait for a patch at the moment, I don't want to abandon my current game to roll back, or to risk messing up its world by playing for too long with the OOS combat issues.
i also stopped playing while waiting for the OOS calculations to be fixed ( i hope they will have aknowledged it by now). I don't think it will mess up your world, it'S just really boring if you reached that point at which i am right now. i was trying to play as a kind of warlord to experiment with supporting factions and manipulationg their enemies, but it doesn'T matter right now, so i stopped playing and i' wait for an update.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 06:56

I stopped to play, IIRC, somewhere in the middle of may and switched to modding and test. I though at this time no patch to fix xenons issue would be available before Christmas.

When I play it is on the last version but heavilly modded ; like playing xenons for exemple.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 09:54

Jaskan wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 01:58
I was enjoying a new start until i discovered xenon defence stations are indestructible by AI , apparently yet another bug in x4.

So just wondering given how unstable X$ can be as product lacking professional level testing, what version x4 are you using.

Cause i just found out i can roll back the version i am using via steam, but i assume that will only work for new start.

Also i am hoping once i roll back , it means i don't automatically get updated to latest version ever again.

So what version of x4 have you settled on for now

Cheers
Moved to 3.30 until 4.10 is patched. I will continue the 3.30 campaign on Windows while on Linux will use the 4.x

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 20:02

4.10, although only recently. Having a blast with all the imminent explosions. 8)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Ehli
x4

Post by Ehli » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 08:05

Stopped just a little after 4.0 to wait for the fixes. 4.1 did a lot, but I want my galaxy to be challenging military-wise as well. Now checking steam every week to see if there's a new patch :D

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 10:20

I updated to 4.10, but stopped playing and waiting for variuos OOS and combat bugs to be fixed.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 12:35

I'm playing a ton of the current version.

The stalemate for Xenon keeping/losing/taking sectors is actually great for business. Both sides are just losing tons of ships, and no one is losing any sectors.

A state of perpetual war is very nice for my bottom line in this current playthrough of which the only aim is x-treme trader. My original playthrough which has done hundreds of billions of credits of business got torpedoed by the 1.0 requirements for those achievements, which are essentially unobtainable on that save, unless I let it run for like another 45 days and probably do multiple trillions of dollars in transactions.

So I'll do this current save, and enjoy this current perpetual ship buying frenzy, and see how it goes.

Plus, I'm using this save to experiment with new station designs. I love the new station editor.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 18:09

Playing 4.1 with my own mods and VRO. No issues with Xenon stations or any other stations getting destroyed, plenty of destruction going on.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 20:34

I stopped playing because the L turret and oos calculation bugs, waiting for patch and DLC announcement

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 20:35

BlackRain wrote:
Wed, 20. Oct 21, 18:09
Playing 4.1 with my own mods and VRO. No issues with Xenon stations or any other stations getting destroyed, plenty of destruction going on.
Any wish to share what these mysterious "own mods" are?

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 21:24

SirConnery wrote:
Wed, 20. Oct 21, 20:35
BlackRain wrote:
Any wish to share what these mysterious "own mods" are?
The mods I created of course lol. FOCW, FOCW Corporations.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 03:50

BlackRain wrote:
I was not aware that there are those who do not have the Xenon indestructible station issue plus all the OOS capital ship battles that take hours. I thought everybody had this issue like i do with version 4.10.

Does this mean we are wasting our time waiting for fix for this issue, if the problem is not officially acknowledged.

In my game xenon defence station being attacked by HOP is full of hundreds of dead HOP Capital ships, without a single dent on the station.

vr01
x4

Post by vr01 » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 06:42

grapedog wrote:
Wed, 20. Oct 21, 12:35
A state of perpetual war is very nice for my bottom line in this current playthrough of which the only aim is x-treme trader. My original playthrough which has done hundreds of billions of credits of business got torpedoed by the 1.0 requirements for those achievements, which are essentially unobtainable on that save, unless I let it run for like another 45 days and probably do multiple trillions of dollars in transactions.
Slightly OT. Does this mean I need to park my game (started it from release version and then not touched for over a year until 3.0 came along) and start a new game? Not something I'm used to doing (still on my original X3:TC save 13 years later)

Ormac
x4

Post by Ormac » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 07:32

vr01 wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 06:42
Slightly OT. Does this mean I need to park my game (started it from release version and then not touched for over a year until 3.0 came along) and start a new game? Not something I'm used to doing (still on my original X3:TC save 13 years later)
I don't think you'll have to start a new game just resume youur release version game at the game version you feel appropriate when you upgrade.

My one release playthrough which I was quite happy with at 3.30 seemed to take the 4.00 improvements (after much obervation) fine. I upgraded it to 4.10 and I HOP lost 2 defence platforms (excess stations?) in Second Contact Flashpoint so theres is the excess stations that will be applied. HOP have anough roaming fleets that the defences stations dont mater they slaughter ANT/ARG Shipping. AN'T (which is the most assertive I've seen them in a while) aretrying to break two HOP Stations in The Void I'll see how that goes

If I wanted to roll back I might pick 4.00 (I then have the option if CoH is enabled or not)

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 08:30

vr01 wrote:
grapedog wrote:
I don't believe so... that game is parked now because it was started at 1.0, is like 45 days old, and not much to do. i made the mistake of uniting TRI, eliminating the Xenon, and breaking up the ZYA. There isn't much conflict going on... There isn't much call for ship sales.... plus, since it's an original 1.0 game, the requirements for X-treme achievements are different then they are now I understand. I'll pretty much never get them on that save, even though I have a ridiculous amount of transactions, sales, profits... you name it.

So, I'm taking this current version and gonna milk it for all I can for that achievement. I'm only missing the 2 x-treme achievements. The current patch is an AWESOME one for making money...

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 19:34

Jaskan wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 03:50
BlackRain wrote:
I was not aware that there are those who do not have the Xenon indestructible station issue plus all the OOS capital ship battles that take hours. I thought everybody had this issue like i do with version 4.10.

Does this mean we are wasting our time waiting for fix for this issue, if the problem is not officially acknowledged.

In my game xenon defence station being attacked by HOP is full of hundreds of dead HOP Capital ships, without a single dent on the station.
I haven't noticed the issue. I mean, VRO makes changes to OOS damage as well as weapons, shields, etc. I have seen a number of defense stations be destroyed OOS. Right now in my game, the Xenon are trying to take over The Void with some success. I mean, it isn't easy for them to destroy a station but it does happen. I am using mods though so I can't comment on the Vanilla game. Also, there could still be an issue but maybe it isn't as bad with VRO, I don't know.

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 19:36

grapedog wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 08:30
vr01 wrote:
grapedog wrote:
I don't believe so... that game is parked now because it was started at 1.0, is like 45 days old, and not much to do. i made the mistake of uniting TRI, eliminating the Xenon, and breaking up the ZYA. There isn't much conflict going on... There isn't much call for ship sales.... plus, since it's an original 1.0 game, the requirements for X-treme achievements are different then they are now I understand. I'll pretty much never get them on that save, even though I have a ridiculous amount of transactions, sales, profits... you name it.

So, I'm taking this current version and gonna milk it for all I can for that achievement. I'm only missing the 2 x-treme achievements. The current patch is an AWESOME one for making money...
How can there not be enough conflict going on? Also, there are more quests after uniting Paranid into TRI. You can then do quests to get them to go to war with a faction (like argon, Split, Teladi or terran I think)

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Fri, 22. Oct 21, 00:43

BlackRain wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 19:36
grapedog wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 08:30
vr01 wrote:

How can there not be enough conflict going on? Also, there are more quests after uniting Paranid into TRI. You can then do quests to get them to go to war with a faction (like argon, Split, Teladi or terran I think)
They can be set to go to war with either 1 faction they share a border with, or with all factions they share borders with. But TRI is massive, and i feel aside from TER, or maybe a ZYA with CUB crushed, no one stands a chance.

In that particular game, TER owned one of the atiyas sectors. So i set TRI to war with TER... TRI booted em out of atiyas, and then that was it. ANT owned frontiers edge and getsu.... TRI never did amything else for their war that i am aware of, either did TER.

It seems like the TRI war option would only be useful against ANT/ARG/TEL, where multiple borders are shared... but none of those races can handle the TRI.

Return to “X4: Foundations”