Hunter Killer Class Selena Vs Xenon K aka David and Goliath

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Kpla Keltak

Hunter Killer Class Selena Vs Xenon K aka David and Goliath

Post by Kpla Keltak » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 16:55

So I'm a bit bored in the x4 universe and decided to commission a new class of transporter the HK-Selena WolfCry
yes i gave her a few upgrades and she excelled on her very first Seek and Destroy mission.
the old tried and trusted method with K's still holds true....
1. approach at speed
2. Sit on the roof
3. blast away

The Selene has a L weapon mount on her rear belly...perfect.
1 Plasma seamed to do the trick lol
for some reason none of the missiles she had were fired. I tried attack all enemies, attack capitals and attack my target.

2 More K's and an annoying P with smaller ships tried to intervene, but ones my Selene has her prey by the throat...there's no letting go....MuuuuuuuuuHaaaaHaHaHaaaa!

I don't think Xenon or pirates will hassle my little defenceless transporters anymore.

Xenon Navy Ridiculed !!
A sigh goes out across the X Verse....oh well maybe not.

Egosoft please give the Xenon their MOJO back.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4fzr5v35w2p3 ... 1.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvpijv3itcfhx ... 2.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3wqtwpcuu3wyx ... 3.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1novzxfa2rpzw ... 4.png?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t9022wb5ppewq ... 5.png?dl=0
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Hunter Killer Class Selena Vs Xenon K aka David and Goliath

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 18:07

Nahhhh... the crappy Xenon design of X Rebirth prevailed in X4!!! Ostensibly because it is a "different" faction of the Xenon,,, The only way I see this "mended" besides the obvious and not always effective removing CoH is with a Xenon DLC (now that's a good idea isn't it?) bringing the X3 Ks and Is back along with their L, LX Ps and Os.....

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 21:10

You know an Asguard (Cradle of Humanity DLC) destroys a K from 10km away in a single salvo right? 2, maybe 3 seconds?

The K is kind of weak now. Terran destroyers (which are an entire tier of ship below the K) can literally fly right into them and win without significant damage, especially in sector. Once you own an Asguard the K just becomes a joke as you watch them helplessly fly towards you and then instantly die long before they get into range to harm you, and even if they do your L turrets shred them before significant shield damage.

The only significant challenge that remains is the I. Even that can only survive 2 salvos from the Asguard and can easily be destroyed with a modified Rattlesnake (Split Vendetta DLC) or Syn fairly efficiently.

Without DLCs you have the Odysseus Vanguard which can have issues out damaging the shield regeneration of the I, but is mobile enough that with mods it can backwards fire and destroy Ks with acceptable efficiency. Is are quite a slog with it though due to their huge shield regeneration but as long as you use L plasma turrets are still doable. Due to the low shielding (no TER Mk3 L shields and only 2 shield slots) it cannot go head to head blindly with a K unfortunately, and will need you to snipe the few L Gravaton turrets (only turret than poses a risk to L and larger ships) facing you before getting closer.

dholmstr

Post by dholmstr » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 23:26

It seems to me taht the Xenon ships were design with a directional damage mind set, AKA that "back/top" of the K's would be greatly reinforced armor plating that you just don't don't shoot trough easily. Even with plasma. However this type of mechinics never came to the game with Rebirth and the design just get used again. Same goes with those stations, those slabs of armor look thick as hell. Now the belly is soft but packed with guns....

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 23:43

dholmstr wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 23:26
It seems to me taht the Xenon ships were design with a directional damage mind set, AKA that "back/top" of the K's would be greatly reinforced armor plating that you just don't don't shoot trough easily. Even with plasma. However this type of mechinics never came to the game with Rebirth and the design just get used again. Same goes with those stations, those slabs of armor look thick as hell. Now the belly is soft but packed with guns....
Actually I think the huge weak spot is intentional. Since in Rebirth it gave you an opening to attack them safely. Very much a Deathstar situation where a small ship with a skilled enough pilot can take them down where much bigger ships or less skilled pilots fail. Given that the Xenon are a big evil in the universe using ships the player cannot use, there is nothing inherently wrong with the weak spot concept or implementation.

A bigger issue is that it now does not matter at all since you can just point a Syn or Asguard (Cradle of Humanity DLC) at them and they quickly die, even if attacking from the angle the K is strongest at. No "cheese" needed, just fly at them, fire and they die.

Kpla Keltak

Post by Kpla Keltak » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 15:14

Imperial Good wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 21:10
You know an Asguard (Cradle of Humanity DLC) destroys a K from 10km away in a single salvo right? 2, maybe 3 seconds?

The K is kind of weak now. Terran destroyers (which are an entire tier of ship below the K) can literally fly right into them and win without significant damage, especially in sector. Once you own an Asguard the K just becomes a joke as you watch them helplessly fly towards you and then instantly die long before they get into range to harm you, and even if they do your L turrets shred them before significant shield damage.

The only significant challenge that remains is the I. Even that can only survive 2 salvos from the Asguard and can easily be destroyed with a modified Rattlesnake (Split Vendetta DLC) or Syn fairly efficiently.

Without DLCs you have the Odysseus Vanguard which can have issues out damaging the shield regeneration of the I, but is mobile enough that with mods it can backwards fire and destroy Ks with acceptable efficiency. Is are quite a slog with it though due to their huge shield regeneration but as long as you use L plasma turrets are still doable. Due to the low shielding (no TER Mk3 L shields and only 2 shield slots) it cannot go head to head blindly with a K unfortunately, and will need you to snipe the few L Gravaton turrets (only turret than poses a risk to L and larger ships) facing you before getting closer.
I have a number of Asguard ships. One i built and used for 10 min...boring...totally over powered.
2 i have confiscated from the Terrans who kept interfering with my Xenon Sanctuary's....normally my fighter pilots train on the Xenon but it doesn't work anymore at all...if it ever did. 2 or 3 stars is as far as they go.
SPA - Split Paranid Alliance
Death to Teladi and Boron
Enslave the rest

Return to “X4: Foundations”