SCA Terns? Do they exist?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Wilee Darklight
x4

SCA Terns? Do they exist?

Post by Wilee Darklight » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 01:46

Hey guys! I've got a couple missions in my mission manager that want me to blow up a few SCA Tern Sentinels. Reflecting on my (many, many, MANY) hours, I don't think I've *ever* seen a SCA trader that isn't one of the L class ones. Are they a thing? Where the heck do you find them, if so?
Ar- Ar- Ar- Bo- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Ar- Gate.

LameFox
x4

Re: SCA Terns? Do they exist?

Post by LameFox » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 04:57

I can't recall seeing one but I have never really looked, either. However I have noticed they also seem to operate a lot of magpie 'delivery ships' using faction disguises, so not only L class. Maybe if you look for terns being used by non-teladi factions some may really exist.
***modified***

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 09:11

I saw only one SCA L freighter, which game spawned only for the purposes of the quest.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 09:30

In 4.10 there are several new types of M size SCA freighters flying about, including Tern Sentinels. They are usually named SCA Universal Trader or something similar. The bad news for those thinking to get them to bail as a cheap source of M traders is that they usally have a lot of crew and so take a lot of slowly whittling away at to get them down to the pilot bailing.

I would avoid missions to kill a number of them though as the SCA Universal Traders in general are few and far between, let alone just those of one particular type.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”