Trade rules

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

Trade rules

Post by builder680 » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 16:13

Maybe I'm overthinking this but I don't understand what ticking the boxes does for trade rules. If I tick "Sale of Ships," does that restrict ship selling? Or allow it? Same with the other two boxes, does ticking them allow or restrict? If I restrict all 3 boxes, and then hit restrict all factions, does that act as a double negative and actually allow all factions? This is probably really simple, but I just want to know what ticking the boxes does. Does ticking restrict or allow that action?

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Trade rules

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 16:40

Ticking the boxes of "Sail of ships" for example indicates where the rule will apply.

Ticking the box of "Restrict all factions" will allow trade only with your faction.

Keep in mind that "Trades" means all trades. Products, intermediate products and resources. "Supply" means what is needed for Drones and Missiles

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 16:46

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 16:40
Ticking the boxes of "Sail of ships" for example indicates where the rule will apply.
So if I leave "restrict all factions" unchecked, ticking the other boxes will have no effect? And if I tick "restrict all factions," but don't tick any other boxes, this would also have no effect?

Edit: Can anyone say if I'm understanding this correctly?

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 18:54

Those three tick boxes determine if you're applying your restrictions to all stations in the game. For example, by checking the 'Station Trades' box, the restrictions will apply to all of your stations. Then you can go to an individual station and choose to disable that rule if you wish.

As for the 'Restrict All Factions' box, if checked, the restrictions you chose above will apply to all factions. But you can then choose the 'Add/Remove Faction' drop down to choose which factions that are excluded from those rules. Or if you don't choose 'Restrict All Factions', then the 'Add/Remove Faction' will allow you to pick those factions you do wish to be affected by the restriction.

Personally, I think 'Trade Rule' is a misnomer. I'd call them 'Trade Exclusions' since you're not actually making up any rules, just excluding ships/stations from trading. But whatever. Hope this is all clearer than mud. :)
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Return to “X4: Foundations”