What next ??? We need more new DLCs !!!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

xWolfzx
x4

Re: What next ??? We need more new DLCs !!!

Post by xWolfzx » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 03:01

SirConnery wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 13:22
dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:31
New York Stock Exchange has 8000, London 7500 and Tokyo and Hong Kong 6000 each. The Stock Market guys can monitor all of them because they operate in different time zones and not everything at the same time. If their computers drop down to 15fps for more than 10 milliseconds the World Economy would collapse!!!
Well then, let's hope they don't also run X4 simultaneously on those computers.

Luckily X4 economy can handle dips to 15fps and below while still surviving. Maybe that means X4 is better designed than our real world economy. Makes you think... Or does it?
So many questions.
Just FYI... I am one of those stock market guys and the PC we have is an I5... so it is not as CPU bound as you think... and most of us monitor at most 10 - 30 stocks the most base on our area of expertise so we definitely do not need to look at 10s of thousand of stocks... what you are probably thinking of is how exchanges or venue like BBG monitor the buy and sell which is all done via automation and sent to huge server rooms... they have buildings just filled with servers running day and night to cover market and limit orders...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 16:50

xWolfzx wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 03:01
Just FYI... I am one of those stock market guys and the PC we have is an I5... so it is not as CPU bound as you think... and most of us monitor at most 10 - 30 stocks the most base on our area of expertise so we definitely do not need to look at 10s of thousand of stocks... what you are probably thinking of is how exchanges or venue like BBG monitor the buy and sell which is all done via automation and sent to huge server rooms... they have buildings just filled with servers running day and night to cover market and limit orders...
Exactly my point... any "normal" computer faced with the fact of actually monitoring all (or at least the major) Stock exchanges would have crumpled in an hour at best... The only "saving grace" for X4 is that the fluctuations in X4 are slower or can be predicted in a much more bigger volume allowing the CPU to work...
Therefore more factions, which means 1000s of ships and station modules will add exponentially to the CPU load...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 20:36

a modder said that ships don't matter much for cpu but stations are the big killer, more of them less fps
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 20:32

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 20:36
a modder said that ships don't matter much for cpu but stations are the big killer, more of them less fps
That's quite surprising to me. Would have thought it was the other way around.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 21:33

this game is realy realy great. but its missing a lot of stuff at all .....
we git just 6 main plots
we dont have the borons
the yaki are basicaly just 1 station
xenon are invading and taking over everything anytime again we start a new game....
khaak are basicaly not existent..
factions dont have wars .. there is just 1 real war thats the HOP part ...the rest is just some smaller shootings in a sector .. no sector takeover, nothing
depoending on your chooseings for plots and outcomes splits changing.. but thats all....

there is no real war, where factions put there force together to kill an enemy, like in x3 against the khaak..or a real threat to the x4 universe....
xenon just hop from sector to sector bulding security stations, and the sector changes. thats all that is happening mostly....

x4 is realy realy nice, but it dosent provide the feeling x3 did.. a large universe a threat factions that do stuff actually ....
the main plot missions, sorry to say that , are a disaster ....
the fact that we have to get personal always need to land on a station is annoing, espoacaly since the grafik on stations is lagging like hell......
we cannot realy play as a pirate like in x3.....
the station scanning over and over and over again is so damn annoing that , just alone this part is destoying a lot of fun in the game....
ship changes, away from main battery weapon ships to the turret versions.. well ....wasent a bright decision. its nice but thats it... there no fun getting a ship with 50 turrets, and let it attack all enemies in an area or watching it firing with 8 L turrets on a station, while it keeps turning and replacing himself like a nervous chicken short before it gets a nerv crush down.....

we need factions like otas back spezial faction ships.the fact that ore and silizium cant be sold with a trader from your station wasebnt a bright choice either..

i realy love playing this game, but after 4 to 5 hours iam done with it and the fun is gone. the most fun part is to get stations, and factiorys running and getting some smaller fleets together. but than after....

RedEyedRaven
x4

Post by RedEyedRaven » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 22:13

Halpog wrote:
Wed, 20. Oct 21, 21:33
the fact that we have to get personal always need to land on a station is annoing, espoacaly since the grafik on stations is lagging like hell......
Well, Egosoft sometimes experiment with directed storytelling with mixed results. X4 is nowhere near as story-driven as X2 and X3:Reunion, but tries to offer some story for those who want it.

Frankly with CoH, they've done a lot better IMO. I really liked the dialogues in the terran undercover-arc, despite Orcanic being a bit on the tryhard side.

The worst offender to me is still the Hatikvah-plot. That voice-acting (if you can call it that) is terrible in both english and german localizations. So disconnected and unmotivated, like slowly reading some cliffnotes aloud - it's the reason why Dal Busta lost his hair - it literally ran away from him.

Bret Serra, Julian Brennan, the Maranis, Ban Danna (to an extent), even Ren Otani and Yisha were much more entertaining to listen to (not perfect and the dialogue was nachos pretty often, but the VA itself was better on multiple levels).

Halpog wrote:
Au contraire. Pretty much all capital ships I own - including my Asgard - are captured ships. I'm taking isolated ships off both friend and foe - so I barely need to build or buy any ships. Plus, my marines are getting more and more unbeatable.

Halpog wrote:
the station scanning over and over and over again is so damn annoing that , just alone this part is destoying a lot of fun in the game....
Yeah, that was already a drag in X:Rebirth, and IMO it shouldn't be necessary once a station is in range of an advanced satellite or something along those lines.

Halpog wrote:
ship changes, away from main battery weapon ships to the turret versions.. well ....wasent a bright decision. its nice but thats it... there no fun getting a ship with 50 turrets, and let it attack all enemies in an area or watching it firing with 8 L turrets on a station, while it keeps turning and replacing himself like a nervous chicken short before it gets a nerv crush down.....
That sounds like you started with X3.

Destroyers, the Syn and the Asgard, are actually a mix of the way capitals were in X2 and X3.
X2 was turrets only for anything larger than an M6. X3 added the main batteries to capitals and needlessly bumped up the amount of main-guns on any combat-ship.

X4 tries to strike a balance between the two, but main batteries could use a little more oomph in general.
2023: X4: Seafood-restaurant 'Split' opens in ZYA-space. Reservations limited, get yours today!

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 02:01

Halpog wrote:
this game is realy realy great. but its missing a lot of stuff at all .....
we git just 6 main plots
we dont have the borons
the yaki are basicaly just 1 station
xenon are invading and taking over everything anytime again we start a new game....
khaak are basicaly not existent..
factions dont have wars .. there is just 1 real war thats the HOP part ...the rest is just some smaller shootings in a sector .. no sector takeover, nothing
depoending on your chooseings for plots and outcomes splits changing.. but thats all....

there is no real war, where factions put there force together to kill an enemy, like in x3 against the khaak..or a real threat to the x4 universe....
xenon just hop from sector to sector bulding security stations, and the sector changes. thats all that is happening mostly....

x4 is realy realy nice, but it dosent provide the feeling x3 did.. a large universe a threat factions that do stuff actually ....

we need factions like otas back spezial faction ships.the fact that ore and silizium cant be sold with a trader from your station wasebnt a bright choice either..

i realy love playing this game, but after 4 to 5 hours iam done with it and the fun is gone. the most fun part is to get stations, and factiorys running and getting some smaller fleets together. but than after....
Get Dynamic Wars MOD and dont forget to check its diplomacy menu in extension options.
Stop asking for new features on X4, youll only make egosoft break it more.
Currently the game is unplayable cause Xenon stations are indestructible and OOS combat between capital ships now could take hours to days due to bug.

Please everybody stop asking for new features , you only making them break the game more.
The moder are doing fantastic job get your new features from Steam mods

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 11:02

Jaskan wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 02:01
Please everybody stop asking for new features , you only making them break the game more.
+1 to that...

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 15:10

Jaskan wrote:
Get Dynamic Wars MOD and dont forget to check its diplomacy menu in extension options.
Stop asking for new features on X4, youll only make egosoft break it more.
Currently the game is unplayable cause Xenon stations are indestructible and OOS combat between capital ships now could take hours to days due to bug.

The frustrating thing is that most of the problems have been documented here and are listed as "fixed in a future patch". I'm fine with them taking as long as it takes for new features. But please don't sit on bug fixes. Push those fixes out to us, so we have a better experience waiting for the new stuff.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 15:45

@ Shepp: That HotFix route may be fine for a quite isolated serious issue, but the devs are usually fixing and tweaking several aspects of gameplay that may affect the same general area of coding and performance. In such cases they may well wish to wait until all those changes are complete and tested individually, and then integrated in a new build and the whole area tested for inter-compatibility of all changes and for suitability with any additional content added. That build will then usually go for public beta testing to try to uncover or rule out any further issues or unforeseen ways to break the game (in theory).
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 16:19

dtpsprt wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 11:02
Jaskan wrote:
+1 to that...
++1
So tired of seeing posts asking for more this or that. They will never be satisfied because they get bored too easily.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Cdaragorn
x4

Post by Cdaragorn » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 17:19

Panos wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 20:02
Switch to Linux then. The game runs much better because of the better scheduler and the Nvidia drivers do not have overhead like on Windows either.
The scheduler differences will have no meaningful effect on any decently multi core CPU since the system will never have any reason to ask a thread to stop for another thread on the cores the game has been assigned to.
This is actually also true of the overhead from Nvidia drivers. As long as there is at least one core that isn't being heavily used that won't have any effect on game performance.

I would suspect that any performance gains you see in Linux are more a result of just not having as much going on from the OS than anything else.

Back on topic, I'm really looking forward to the expected announcement for the next DLC. While I'm not all that excited about a whole DLC focused on piracy I do agree that area of the game needs some serious improvement and I have a lot of hope that there will be some other adds coming along with that.
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkein

Shepp
x3ap

Post by Shepp » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 17:52

Alan Phipps wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 15:45
@ Shepp: That HotFix route may be fine for a quite isolated serious issue, but the devs are usually fixing and tweaking several aspects of gameplay that may affect the same general area of coding and performance. In such cases they may well wish to wait until all those changes are complete and tested individually, and then integrated in a new build and the whole area tested for inter-compatibility of all changes and for suitability with any additional content added. That build will then usually go for public beta testing to try to uncover or rule out any further issues or unforeseen ways to break the game (in theory).
I can buy that to an extent but there are also several reported bugs which are broken quests. The folks with these issues are just stuck not being able to progress until the main patch comes out. The argument could also be made that the game balance isn't that great in the current version. Egosoft is obviously going to do whatever they do. In the mean time I've set X4 aside until the fixes for the current version comes out. I have no shortage of backlog games. It just kind of sucks because I would really like to be playing X4.

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 17:54

I think we need the Multiverse Team Seasons before the AHOY update.
It already got posponed so I think thats what Egosoft is working on now.
But to be honest I prefer more fixes rather then new download content right now.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Thu, 21. Oct 21, 20:42

Cdaragorn wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 17:19
Panos wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 20:02
Switch to Linux then. The game runs much better because of the better scheduler and the Nvidia drivers do not have overhead like on Windows either.
The scheduler differences will have no meaningful effect on any decently multi core CPU since the system will never have any reason to ask a thread to stop for another thread on the cores the game has been assigned to.
This is actually also true of the overhead from Nvidia drivers. As long as there is at least one core that isn't being heavily used that won't have any effect on game performance.

I would suspect that any performance gains you see in Linux are more a result of just not having as much going on from the OS than anything else.

Back on topic, I'm really looking forward to the expected announcement for the next DLC. While I'm not all that excited about a whole DLC focused on piracy I do agree that area of the game needs some serious improvement and I have a lot of hope that there will be some other adds coming along with that.
I use a 3900X. Can see the perf difference between Windows which is using max 6 some times 8 cores and Linux using 12 cores (90-95% CPU).
Players using 5950X reporting in several forums especially in CPU discussions that game is using 16 cores easily the game and much better.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Fri, 22. Oct 21, 09:03

We don’t need more DLCs. What we need is a working base game in the first place. After that we can talk about new DLCs and features. 4.00 was huge mess and 4.10 did not fix everything that went wrong with 4.0 and there are older issues still present. I‘d rather see those issues addressed first before any new half baked feature that’s not working makes it’s way into the game.

Cdaragorn
x4

Post by Cdaragorn » Fri, 22. Oct 21, 20:11

Panos wrote:
Thu, 21. Oct 21, 20:42
I use a 3900X. Can see the perf difference between Windows which is using max 6 some times 8 cores and Linux using 12 cores (90-95% CPU).
Players using 5950X reporting in several forums especially in CPU discussions that game is using 16 cores easily the game and much better.
That's really interesting to hear, and odd. The scheduler certainly couldn't explain why Linux is using so many more cores than Windows. There would have to be something different in the application code to cause it to use more threads or use the same # of threads more like that.

In fact I would have expected the CPU to be used more in Windows because of the Nvidia issue you mentioned. The entire issue there is that it puts the scheduler onto the CPU instead of the GPU.

It would be interesting to see in game performance metrics to see if that increased usage is actually translating to better performance or is going somewhere else.
"All that is gold does not glitter; not all those who wander are lost.
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost." -- J.R.R. Tolkein

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 22. Oct 21, 22:41

Cdaragorn wrote:
Fri, 22. Oct 21, 20:11
Panos wrote:
That's really interesting to hear, and odd. The scheduler certainly couldn't explain why Linux is using so many more cores than Windows. There would have to be something different in the application code to cause it to use more threads or use the same # of threads more like that.

In fact I would have expected the CPU to be used more in Windows because of the Nvidia issue you mentioned. The entire issue there is that it puts the scheduler onto the CPU instead of the GPU.

It would be interesting to see in game performance metrics to see if that increased usage is actually translating to better performance or is going somewhere else.
The game runs 20-25% better on Linux. More fps on stations, when I am around 60 hours mark in a campaign etc.
Same system same save (using the Steam cloud).

Imho anyone can try it. Linux is free, I use Manjaro KDE because it comes with Steam pre-installed and is a stable rolling release so all drivers are latest and updated. Is not something like Ubuntu have to wait 6-8 months for an update without hacking around.

lbirdfly
x4

Post by lbirdfly » Tue, 2. Nov 21, 06:51

Panos wrote:
Fri, 22. Oct 21, 22:41
Cdaragorn wrote:
Fri, 22. Oct 21, 20:11
Panos wrote:

The game runs 20-25% better on Linux. More fps on stations, when I am around 60 hours mark in a campaign etc.
Same system same save (using the Steam cloud).

Imho anyone can try it. Linux is free, I use Manjaro KDE because it comes with Steam pre-installed and is a stable rolling release so all drivers are latest and updated. Is not something like Ubuntu have to wait 6-8 months for an update without hacking around.
really? I will try it

Return to “X4: Foundations”