What next ??? We need more new DLCs !!!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Andrew2

What next ??? We need more new DLCs !!!

Post by Andrew2 » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 15:45

We need new races, new ships maby new mechanics in game, some graphical inprovmence!!! What will be next after Cradle of Humanity >???

Bozz11
x4

Re: What next ??? We need more new DLCs !!!

Post by Bozz11 » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 16:09

ahoy is next dlc
about piracy

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 16:45

And what kind of CPU will be able to handle even more ships and stations?

So far I always had to upgrade my computer with each of X games (except XBTF and X-Tension), I certainly don't plan to upgrade twice for X4...

Ahoy will, hopefully, just make some "minor" updates to Pirate factions allowing them full faction status (Shipyards, maybe one or two dedicated ships). This can be added... for more? Doubtful...

iforgotmysocks
x4

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 17:50

dtpsprt wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 16:45

So far I always had to upgrade my computer with each of X games (except XBTF and X-Tension), I certainly don't plan to upgrade twice for X4...

Ahoy will, hopefully, just make some "minor" updates to Pirate factions allowing them full faction status (Shipyards, maybe one or two dedicated ships). This can be added... for more? Doubtful...
Considering that XBTF is 22 years old, it's kind of a given that you had to upgrade your computer. Suggesting that the developer should not provide new content for the player base due to your decision to play on hardware from the stone age and your unwillingness to accept how technology progresses isn't exactly how this works.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 19:12

Boron is yet to add as I hope it's add boron.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 20:02

dtpsprt wrote:

Switch to Linux then. The game runs much better because of the better scheduler and the Nvidia drivers do not have overhead like on Windows either.
Game is scaling amazingly well up to 16 cores on a 5950X (10-12 cores to my 3900X) when gets busy. GPU wise an ancient GTX1080/1080Ti at 2560x1440 or a GTX980/980Ti/GTX1060 6GB at 1080p is more than enough! (used market is cheap for those old parts because they are bad for mining).

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:45

Panos wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 20:02
dtpsprt wrote:

Switch to Linux then. The game runs much better because of the better scheduler and the Nvidia drivers do not have overhead like on Windows either.
Game is scaling amazingly well up to 16 cores on a 5950X (10-12 cores to my 3900X) when gets busy. GPU wise an ancient GTX1080/1080Ti at 2560x1440 or a GTX980/980Ti/GTX1060 6GB at 1080p is more than enough! (used market is cheap for those old parts because they are bad for mining).
That's interesting and I may have to try that out. Is the process scheduling and Vulkan really that different from Windows on the same exact hardware?

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 02:02

peteran wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 21:45
Panos wrote:
dtpsprt wrote:

That's interesting and I may have to try that out. Is the process scheduling and Vulkan really that different from Windows on the same exact hardware?

You can only try :mrgreen:
There are too many things that slow down Windows and performance on Vulkan. What is your system spec?

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 04:44

Bozz11 wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 16:09
ahoy is next dlc
about piracy
Unless they amend the funding request, anyway. And first they need to get that multi-player thing done!

I wouldn't mind seeing the pirates fleshed out more. Maybe they could modify some large mining vessels and start pulling in solids and gasses. Maybe they could start boarding ships, too, so our marines could defend ships once in a while. Mostly, though, something needs to be done with the mechanics that make it so easy for the target to simply run away at the first sign of trouble. Give them EMP missiles and grappling hooks! And give us some sort of stealth tech so we can hide weapons/marines from their scans then turn the tables on them. (I've always had a soft spot for Q ships.)

P.S. Also, I want an assistant called Mr. Fubli. ;)
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:13

Panos wrote:
I am already on Linux. Ubuntu 20.4 LTS. I have no problem running the game as it is, generally, but it is really getting to the edge of my i5 CPU in end game time and I do keep the minimum possible for my faction (six stations, one S/M shipyard, two fleets).

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:31

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Sun, 17. Oct 21, 17:50
dtpsprt wrote:

Considering that XBTF is 22 years old, it's kind of a given that you had to upgrade your computer. Suggesting that the developer should not provide new content for the player base due to your decision to play on hardware from the stone age and your unwillingness to accept how technology progresses isn't exactly how this works.
Either you got it all wrong or intentionally trying to pull my leg... I had what was considered to be "monster" computer due to my graphic arts profession at the time of XBTF and X-Tension. And for professional reasons continued updating my hardware but from X2 onwards Egosoft ventured where no professional goes and that's the highest of high ends of the time. Professionals stick to just one step behind, so they can work with known problems and fixes. Each X game has sent me one step ahead, which for a time was kind of good since I became a hardware expert because of it. Unfortunately computer design has practically flatlined. There might b a small increase in speed but not much and nothing more.

Let's face it: Stock Market programs are the most demanding in CPU, while Graphic programs are most demanding in Data Transfer rates. With Egosoft's decision on the evolution of X series it became so close to a Stock Market program constantly monitoring a whole galaxy. We have 9 factions (with Vendetta and CoH) times 3000 items to be monitored making for 27000 items the player not included... New York Stock Exchange has 8000, London 7500 and Tokyo and Hong Kong 6000 each. The Stock Market guys can monitor all of them because they operate in different time zones and not everything at the same time. If their computers drop down to 15fps for more than 10 milliseconds the World Economy would collapse!!!

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:38

One thing that kinda bothers me is that Egosoft is still quiet about X4:Ahoy - there is no official anoucement for it.

The CoH was revelead with a trailer at end of August. We are in mid October, but still no info.

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 13:22

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:31
New York Stock Exchange has 8000, London 7500 and Tokyo and Hong Kong 6000 each. The Stock Market guys can monitor all of them because they operate in different time zones and not everything at the same time. If their computers drop down to 15fps for more than 10 milliseconds the World Economy would collapse!!!
Well then, let's hope they don't also run X4 simultaneously on those computers.

Luckily X4 economy can handle dips to 15fps and below while still surviving. Maybe that means X4 is better designed than our real world economy. Makes you think... Or does it?
So many questions.

Gavrushka
x4

Post by Gavrushka » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 15:24

I'm surprised by the concerns on performance as new DLCs are announced, and in the main because I've seen a continuous improvement in this regard across the last year even though my game is now awash with my own megafactories.

*I had not appreciated there were game breaking performance issues on some systems which meet minimum specs*

But I'm with the OP. I want more of everything, and not just pirates. - What I'd love is a new species. Has there been a genuine new species since the Khaak put in an appearance in X2?
“Man, my poor head is battered,” Ed said.

“That explains its unusual shape,” Styanar said, grinning openly now. “Although it does little to illuminate just why your jowls are so flaccid or why you have quite so many chins.”

“I…” Had she just called him fat? “I am just a different species, that’s all.”

“Well nature sure does have a sense of humour then,” Styanar said. “Shall we go inside? It’d not be a good idea for me to be spotted by others.”

xant
x4

Post by xant » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 15:43

mr.WHO wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:38
One thing that kinda bothers me is that Egosoft is still quiet about X4:Ahoy - there is no official anoucement for it.

The CoH was revelead with a trailer at end of August. We are in mid October, but still no info.
I just got an official response to that very question. We can expect the announcement this year, which means somewhere within the next 10 weeks.

It isn't much, but better than nothing I guess.

xWolfzx
x4

Post by xWolfzx » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 03:01

SirConnery wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 13:22
dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 10:31
New York Stock Exchange has 8000, London 7500 and Tokyo and Hong Kong 6000 each. The Stock Market guys can monitor all of them because they operate in different time zones and not everything at the same time. If their computers drop down to 15fps for more than 10 milliseconds the World Economy would collapse!!!
Well then, let's hope they don't also run X4 simultaneously on those computers.

Luckily X4 economy can handle dips to 15fps and below while still surviving. Maybe that means X4 is better designed than our real world economy. Makes you think... Or does it?
So many questions.
Just FYI... I am one of those stock market guys and the PC we have is an I5... so it is not as CPU bound as you think... and most of us monitor at most 10 - 30 stocks the most base on our area of expertise so we definitely do not need to look at 10s of thousand of stocks... what you are probably thinking of is how exchanges or venue like BBG monitor the buy and sell which is all done via automation and sent to huge server rooms... they have buildings just filled with servers running day and night to cover market and limit orders...

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 16:50

xWolfzx wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 03:01
Just FYI... I am one of those stock market guys and the PC we have is an I5... so it is not as CPU bound as you think... and most of us monitor at most 10 - 30 stocks the most base on our area of expertise so we definitely do not need to look at 10s of thousand of stocks... what you are probably thinking of is how exchanges or venue like BBG monitor the buy and sell which is all done via automation and sent to huge server rooms... they have buildings just filled with servers running day and night to cover market and limit orders...
Exactly my point... any "normal" computer faced with the fact of actually monitoring all (or at least the major) Stock exchanges would have crumpled in an hour at best... The only "saving grace" for X4 is that the fluctuations in X4 are slower or can be predicted in a much more bigger volume allowing the CPU to work...
Therefore more factions, which means 1000s of ships and station modules will add exponentially to the CPU load...

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 20:36

a modder said that ships don't matter much for cpu but stations are the big killer, more of them less fps
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 20:32

Buzz2005 wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 20:36
a modder said that ships don't matter much for cpu but stations are the big killer, more of them less fps
That's quite surprising to me. Would have thought it was the other way around.

Halpog
x4

Post by Halpog » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 21:33

this game is realy realy great. but its missing a lot of stuff at all .....
we git just 6 main plots
we dont have the borons
the yaki are basicaly just 1 station
xenon are invading and taking over everything anytime again we start a new game....
khaak are basicaly not existent..
factions dont have wars .. there is just 1 real war thats the HOP part ...the rest is just some smaller shootings in a sector .. no sector takeover, nothing
depoending on your chooseings for plots and outcomes splits changing.. but thats all....

there is no real war, where factions put there force together to kill an enemy, like in x3 against the khaak..or a real threat to the x4 universe....
xenon just hop from sector to sector bulding security stations, and the sector changes. thats all that is happening mostly....

x4 is realy realy nice, but it dosent provide the feeling x3 did.. a large universe a threat factions that do stuff actually ....
the main plot missions, sorry to say that , are a disaster ....
the fact that we have to get personal always need to land on a station is annoing, espoacaly since the grafik on stations is lagging like hell......
we cannot realy play as a pirate like in x3.....
the station scanning over and over and over again is so damn annoing that , just alone this part is destoying a lot of fun in the game....
ship changes, away from main battery weapon ships to the turret versions.. well ....wasent a bright decision. its nice but thats it... there no fun getting a ship with 50 turrets, and let it attack all enemies in an area or watching it firing with 8 L turrets on a station, while it keeps turning and replacing himself like a nervous chicken short before it gets a nerv crush down.....

we need factions like otas back spezial faction ships.the fact that ore and silizium cant be sold with a trader from your station wasebnt a bright choice either..

i realy love playing this game, but after 4 to 5 hours iam done with it and the fun is gone. the most fun part is to get stations, and factiorys running and getting some smaller fleets together. but than after....

Return to “X4: Foundations”