Somethings not right?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

MrFiction
x3ap

Re: Somethings not right?

Post by MrFiction » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 21:26

iforgotmysocks wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 16:18
The 4.1 release version has 3 major bugs that make it pretty much unplayable.

1. OOS damage calculations are screwed. Capital ships apply almost no damage, fights go on forever -> Universe stagnates
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=442483

2. Stations simply don't die at 0% hp as the parts themselves get restored faster than they can be destroyed unless one might get lucky or the build storage runs out of resources. -> Universe stagnates
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=442546

3. Turrets simply stop firing IS if they loose line of fire to their first target. They no longer pick a new target and just stop firing unless realigned to their first acquired target.
viewtopic.php?f=180&t=440906

I have no idea why they weren't hotfixed yet but right now all you can do is play industry simulator without any map changes due to combat.
Those are some serious problems!

Was just wondering whether I should start a proper playthrough but I guess I'll wait a (little?) longer now.

Lord Crc
x4

Post by Lord Crc » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 02:28

MrFiction wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 21:26
Was just wondering whether I should start a proper playthrough but I guess I'll wait a (little?) longer now.
I started a 4.1 playthrough before I became aware of those issues. I noticed my universe definitely didn't feel like it did in the 3.x game I played. Universe feels... dulled down. Once I became aware of those issues it all made sense. So I decided to wait for fixes.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 17:34

iforgotmysocks wrote:
2. Stations simply don't die at 0% hp as the parts themselves get restored faster than they can be destroyed unless one might get lucky or the build storage runs out of resources. -> Universe stagnates
Not so. Sometimes stations get stuck like that, sometimes they don't. Also, even when they do get stuck, it's more likely to just delay the destruction. It can save the station if the defenders rally a fleet to chase off the attackers but, if that was going to happen, it probably would have happened when the station health was slowly going down.

My universe certainly hasn't stagnated. The Paranid finished taking over Faulty Logic. The Xenon were rising up in Tharka's Cascade, cutting off a lot of trade with the Split and building up bases in a bunch of their sectors. I've been taking Tharka's Cascade from them without much problem (once I learned how to do things like that) and, while I was doing it, the Split destroyed a base in the center of Family Zhinn. I think the effect is more to slow down map changes as the base attacks take even longer now, but it certainly hasn't stopped them!
3. Turrets simply stop firing IS if they loose line of fire to their first target. They no longer pick a new target and just stop firing unless realigned to their first acquired target.
Oh, so that's it! I've been wondering why some turrets aren't firing. That can't be all of it, though. Something resets the turrets other than the target coming back into view - like the target getting destroyed or moving out of range. Otherwise, destroyers getting swarmed by small targets would have all their turrets turned off pretty quickly as the little ships fly around to the other side of the ship then get blown up.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

lbirdfly
x4

Post by lbirdfly » Tue, 2. Nov 21, 08:04

iforgotmysocks wrote:

1. OOS damage calculations are screwed. Capital ships apply almost no damage, fights go on forever -> Universe stagnates

I have no idea why they weren't hotfixed yet but right now all you can do is play industry simulator without any map changes due to combat.
useful information to stop my play

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Tue, 2. Nov 21, 14:34

I dont understand, why they dont make a hotfix.
Cant be that hard....
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Tue, 2. Nov 21, 18:03

what i do now to get around this is quite funny.

Anytime i see a whole pile of dead Large and Xtra Large ships around a station, i know thats one of those indestructible stations, so i help destroy the station using cheat menu.

capitalduty

Post by capitalduty » Tue, 2. Nov 21, 20:04

lbirdfly wrote:
Tue, 2. Nov 21, 08:04
iforgotmysocks wrote:

useful information to stop my play
I stopped playing because this major bugs...hope a patch drops soon!

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Mon, 8. Nov 21, 00:32

In Scale Plate Green I, I destroyed all Xenon stations except the wharf. It went to 0 but continued to try to rebuild. I dropped a few laser towers around it and left it. I don't like that it's still there but for all purposes, it's the same as gone.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Return to “X4: Foundations”