Has Scale Plate Pact reputation been locked in 4.10?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

atsmith66
x4

Has Scale Plate Pact reputation been locked in 4.10?

Post by atsmith66 » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 14:01

I have been playing a game where I'm essentially preying on the SPP. The game is a custom game start using 4.10.

After capturing a number of their ships I noticed SPP rep was still -5, the starting value.

So I killed a few next to stations and there was no change.

So I went to their sector and destroyed one of the destroyers next to one of their own stations (20 miles distance). No change.

So I went and did a few SPP missions. No reputation gain. No change.

Question is, is the SPP reputation locked at the moment or can anyone think of a reason that I can't seem to gain or lose rep with them?

The game start had me starting with Dal Busta and Bosa Tar on my PHQ. Might this have something to do with it?

I'm a bit puzzled right now. Any help would be appreciated!

EDIT: Here's a link to the save game if that helps. https://www.dropbox.com/s/vlbhnrl6v1bnd ... ml.gz?dl=0

iforgotmysocks
x4

Re: Has Scale Plate Pact reputation been locked in 4.10?

Post by iforgotmysocks » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 14:15

Yup, their rep is locked at -5. The "pirate" gameplay content is basically non existent in X4, but there is a dlc in the works that focuses on pirate gameplay.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 14:30

It's always been locked at -5. In fact, one cheaty way to harvest materials for EMP bombs, such as secure containers/remote detonators, is to go to an SCA pirate station, and kill non-criminal civilian ships. You can kill those ships all day long, and you will never lose rep with SCA. Just avoid hitting the station itself, and the station turrets will never turn on you.

atsmith66
x4

Post by atsmith66 » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 15:05

Ahh right. I didn't realise this. It all makes sense now.

Thanks for the prompt replies! Very much appreciated.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 15:53

atsmith66 wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 14:01
Question is, is the SPP reputation locked at the moment or can anyone think of a reason that I can't seem to gain or lose rep with them?
Scale Plate Pact reputation is locked until you terraform Scale Plate Green for them. After that the reputation unlocks and behaves like a normal faction. Like normal factions they will even stop pirating your assets should you gain enough reputation with them, which usually happens automatically as part of the terraforming mission.

joe2020

Post by joe2020 » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 15:56

Once you terraform Scale Plate Green system SCA faction becomes friendly and they also send their ships to patrol the system where your home base is.
Otherwise your reputation with SCA is not going to change, I sell a lot of space fuel to SCA stations and my reputation has not increased like with other factions after successful trades.

Severson
x4

Post by Severson » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 13:22

do players can destroy pirate faction?

Waltz9

Post by Waltz9 » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 17:25

Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 14:30
It's always been locked at -5
Nah, it wasn't locked at the very start of X4.
I remember the pirates immediatly attacking me with missiles which we couldn't avoid and it was an instant game over.
Many people complained about the missiles from pirates so Egosoft made a lot of changes to the pirates.

The game evolved very much since them and I do believe we could unlock the reputation again,
But I do think the main reason why the rep is locked is because the pirates don't work like other factions.
If you attack factions you lose rep with the entire faction but pirates don't work together like that. They work in groups so you could kill a group and stay friendly with another pirate group.
Egosoft exploits the temporary reputation with locking the permanent reputation. So I doubt the rep will ever be unlocked unless its with Scale Plate Green terraforming.
Severson wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 13:22
do players can destroy pirate faction?
In one of my games I was getting very anoyed with the continued pirate attacks on my assets.
It was non-stop and very anoying so I decided to start a war with them.
With reputation locked at -5 they are an easy target.
I focused mainly on their stations and tried to destroy as many I could and I did notice a decrease of pirates in my universe.
Killing their stations will help you a lot.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 17:41

Waltz9 wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 17:25
Nah, it wasn't locked at the very start of X4.
Yes, it was. It has been locked since release.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 18:00

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 18. Oct 21, 17:41
Yes, it was. It has been locked since release.
Then, most probably, V2.60 had a bug in it because I was able to gain rep with them back then (actually when I started playing the game). Of course I don't suppose anyone would complain or make a report for it...

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 18:01

Or maybe you are mis-remembering.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 18:18

I think the 3rd party 'Reactive Factions' mod used to unlock SCA rep.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Mon, 18. Oct 21, 21:37

I can confirm that SCA reputation has been locked since release.

That said, specific SCA entities can lose reputation below -5, usually only temporarily. For example failing to comply with a pirate demand causes the demanding SCA ship to drop to hostile reputation levels. Attacking SCA ships will also cause them to temporarily lose reputation and become hostile, like all NPC ships.

I recall there maybe used to be a bug that let players gain reputation with either KHK or XEN under an edge case condition. This has long been fixed as those faction are not meant to respect diplomacy or even life and so always be hostile. Maybe that worked on SCA as well.

Return to “X4: Foundations”