Do distress beacons cause the local (Player police) to intervene?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Diroc
x4

Do distress beacons cause the local (Player police) to intervene?

Post by Diroc » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 22:54

I've been building ships for the Yaki for awhile now.
Periodically, I've seen groups of negative faction hits when a Yaki ship runs afoul and the fleet gets involved.
In System, I've seen a distress beacon get caught in my station and the Yaki blasting the station getting blasted and involving the fleet in a bloodbath.

Most recently, I saw a Police ship in the next sector chasing Yaki down and a "First kill" of the all too familiar chain reaction from a station next to the policed sector.

The question of the post is as to whether or not Yaki attacking other factions in my space causes my local police force to get involved in the dispute on their behalf.
Do the Police forces flag ships attacking other factions ships as -30, Do they just start attacking and generate a -30?

I've pulled main guns off my police force and set turrets to defensive and added a fully armed wingman to defend commander to hopefully alleviate the issue while still being effective against Kha'ak. Still too early to say for sure but nothing yet.

Are the Yaki at +27-+28 occasionally just attacking my property based on them just being pirates?
Is there a soft cap on Yaki above which they start fights to lower the stat? Not assuming this but still worth asking.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Do distress beacons cause the local (Player police) to intervene?

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 01:12

If you are in sector (high attention) then friendly fire from NPCs against your station or ships can cause your stations and ships to return fire, like NPCs do, and start a fight. To avoid this, avoid being in high attention near such combat sites since friendly fire does not happen in low attention levels (map views).

Diroc
x4

Re: Do distress beacons cause the local (Player police) to intervene?

Post by Diroc » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 04:40

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 15. Oct 21, 01:12
If you are in sector (high attention) then friendly fire from NPCs against your station or ships can cause your stations and ships to return fire, like NPCs do, and start a fight. To avoid this, avoid being in high attention near such combat sites since friendly fire does not happen in low attention levels (map views).
After further digging, I've found the rabbit hole goes deeper.

There appears to be an additonal problem with the Yaki and one with fire authorization.

1) Yaki don't respect scan requests from police. This flags them -30

2) Turrets don't appear to respect Fire Authorization or, in the case of the scanning police ship with turrets set to defensive, they still opened fire, dispite Defensive authorization on all but Xenon and Kha'ak. The main guns were stripped prior on the ship.

Stripping the police down to no weapons.. (With a defend commander wingman) didn't incur a counterattack from the Yaki...
However A group of Yaki entering the sector had a member that failed to submit to a scan. It got flagged -30
The group decided to stop and chill at the PHQ. It and his fleet parked and wasn't being aggressive.
A Destroyer defending the station (PHQ) attacked the offending ship. The Destroyer's inheritance of Fire authorization from the station had Yaki set to defensive.

In a nutshell
Factions which seem to ignore scans and get flagged -30 causes problems.
Not using a scanning police force and SCA - Chivalrous station (and defense fleet) in concert opens me up to storage hacks from SCA with hacked Faction ID's
Using a Police force, The Yaki ignore scan requests and a cascade of negative faction hits result.

Are the failed scan requests being marked as hostile? If so, Is that more severe than just -30 faction? An adjustment to this severity would be nice (Manual selector perhaps).
Everything I'm doing should be working.
I've played with Xenon - Defensive and Xenon Honorable Fire authorization and they seem to work fine. Both ships and stations.
Something isn't adding up and it has me confused. :gruebel:

Return to “X4: Foundations”