Terran Shipyard s/m/l/xl supply by how much high tech and how much miner supply?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

humility925
x4

Terran Shipyard s/m/l/xl supply by how much high tech and how much miner supply?

Post by humility925 » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 14:26

I'm aware of there is station calculator like this one http://www.x4-game.com/#/station-calculator

But it's didn't said how much miner and how much shipyard need from high tech (I prefer terran ship, since it's based of terran resource)

Let said one shipyard, one L and one s/m wharf, how much it's need to supply by Computronic Substrate Production, Metallic Microlattice Production, Silicon Carbide Production? 3 each?
what about L miner? M Miner?
One L miner each station that need, or more?

It's based complex but may aware it's not working if put lot of miner under complex manager from complex, so I used normal command sector mine same place where is complex (I ensure sector had all kind of resource, but no issues in grand exchange, and very few sector had all kind of resource (thought terran do had 3 place had all kind of resource but lack of sunlight, Segaris Pioneers do had one sector that had all resource with sunlight.

I would like terran shipyard keeping product, not stop and go but rather keeping going without stop product.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Ezarkal
x4

Re: Terran Shipyard s/m/l/xl supply by how much high tech and how much miner supply?

Post by Ezarkal » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 14:44

From my experience, it's hard to have the actual production modules of a shipyard be the bottleneck. They will just ramp up production until one ware falls short. Once you fix the supply of that ware, the next one will fall short. You can still get pretty decent productivity out of them though. They will stop here and there, but it won't last long if your supply is good.

Maybe somebody will have different experience. I saw people build some truly massive shipyards on the forums. Maybe they did succeed in keeping them fully supplied.

One thing I can say, though, is if you're building Terran you'll have trouble keeping it supplied with only miners. Use forward mining bases.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Terran Shipyard s/m/l/xl supply by how much high tech and how much miner supply?

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 05:18

Ezarkal wrote:
Thu, 14. Oct 21, 14:44
One thing I can say, though, is if you're building Terran you'll have trouble keeping it supplied with only miners. Use forward mining bases.
The issue is not so much subordinate miners not being able to supply such mega stations, but there being enough subordinate miners to do so. There is a limit to how many subordinates a station can have, which is easily reached if aiming for high amounts of computronic substrate. Operating 25 Computronic substrate production modules can use over 200 TER miners from personal experience, especially if factory is not placed in somewhere ideal for mining such as Saturn 2.
humility925 wrote:
Thu, 14. Oct 21, 14:26
Let said one shipyard, one L and one s/m wharf, how much it's need to supply by Computronic Substrate Production, Metallic Microlattice Production, Silicon Carbide Production? 3 each?
what about L miner? M Miner?
One L miner each station that need, or more?
From personal experience you will need a lot of miners and to place the factory in a sector that is both good for ore and silicon. I placed my computronic substrate factory in Jupiter with mining to Saturn 2 (sector did not exist when station was planned). The result is 25 computronic substrate modules needing roughly 200x 2+ star miners to kept fed, all of which are maxed out (mk3 engines, best mining loadout) and half of which are L miners. If the station was placed in Saturn 2 then significantly fewer miners would be needed, with it being easier to ship out the computronic substrate rather than ship in the ore and silicon.

Miners that mine silicon must be 2+ star pilots with full service crew, otherwise they will mine too inefficiently and you can end up using hundreds for very little production. Additionally if there is a physical area the miners are gathering to mine silicon it pays to have a ship deploy a resource probe nearby as that doubles the rate silicon is mined. Due to how much silicon and ore can end up being consumed there are very few sectors that are ideal for computronic substrate, with Familiy Zhin and Saturn 2 being the two most ideal non-xenon ones. All the rest are Xenon sectors.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 15:06

I'm going to preform a magic trick, this post will disappear after I tell you its far more profitable to build ships yourself and then force sell them to a wharf/shipyard. When ES nerfed wharf/shipyard income, they forgot to nerf selling ships manually. Their is no limit to how many ships you can sell to a faction this way, and you can sell them w/e ships with w/e equipment on them. This is the biggest money exploit in the game.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 16:22

why would this post disappear?
yes selling directly should be nerfed also but there is one very important difference when selling ships, factions dont use them they just recycle them and if you batch sell them sometimes they bug out and stay parked outside yards indefinitely

so if you actually want to help factions with ships you need to do gather fleet missions or let them order it from you
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Fri, 15. Oct 21, 20:35

hi !

i have shipyard too in venus, only two Metallic Microlattice Production, two Silicon Carbide Production, two Computronic Substrate Production, photopile, and the rest for 15000 people (25 terran L living quarter) fully autonome, now i have 4 hokaido for ore and same for silicon (43440 quantity) they work in asteroid belt in loop mod (mine : sell to shipyard) (using mining by commandant not working very well) and with 4 miners for silicon and 4 miners for ore it's insufficient.
In station calculator tested with more Computronic (4) and it becomes astronomical lol, for the moment with the eight hokaido I manage to produce katana and jian and falxs and vessel s but 3 maximun.
I do not produce L and XL ships yet I am just only the L shipyard installed I farm to buy the plans of the Syn, so I think it will not be enough for XL and L.
I don't know the technique with forward mining bases, and I think I'll take a closer look.
earthlings are expensive to build! :)

Steph
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 01:40

steph_m37 wrote:
Fri, 15. Oct 21, 20:35
nd with 4 miners for silicon and 4 miners for ore it's insufficient.
As mentioned previously each computronic substrate module needs roughly 8 miners, and that is with producing in Jupiter and mining in Saturn 2 which is one of the best silicon mining sites in X4 (possibly only beaten by obscure Xenon sectors). These are also maxed out ships, so L miners have 10 mining drones, as many mining turrets as possible, full service crew and 2+ star captains all mining inside resource probes. M miners have Mk2 mining lasers, as many mining turrets as possible, travel Mk3 engines and full service crew with 2+ star captains as well as mining inside resource probes.

With computronic substrate it really is about the scale. If you want to produce it seriously you are looking at tens of thousands of people, hundreds of thousands of mineables per hour and hundreds of subordinate ships with multiple docks. I currently operate 25 computronic substrate modules, and it is quite likely that factory alone consumes most of the mined materials in my universe.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 09:12

I had a shipyard/wharf being supplied by 5 of each Terran production modules. The shipyard got a big storage and the production stations too. This could not keep 100% uptime of ship production but you really don’t need to have 100% uptime. Most of the time you‘re not building ships and this when production is stockpiled for when I needed more ships.

PS: reducing silicon mining efficiency to the state it is right now, was a really great move for performance. Having hundreds more miners will definitely not impact the already bad late game performance.

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 17:10

hi !
Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 01:40
As mentioned previously each computronic substrate module needs roughly 8 miners, jupiter and mining in Saturn 2 which is one of the best silicon mining sites in X4 (possibly only beaten by obscure Xenon sectors) .......
Ok thks I'm going to continue the earth construction missions to have another hokaido, so I still need more eight miners...
And saturn2 I did not put a resource probe again thanks for the info, In the asteroid belt the miners are harassed by the Khaaks. Terran police spends his time controlling me and does not take care of the rest :)
if I understand correctly, I have very badly placed my shipyard (venus) and it's almost finished (I still have to buy the XL and L shipyard) shit !!

Steph
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 17:16

Buzz2005 wrote:
Fri, 15. Oct 21, 16:22
why would this post disappear?
yes selling directly should be nerfed also but there is one very important difference when selling ships, factions dont use them they just recycle them and if you batch sell them sometimes they bug out and stay parked outside yards indefinitely

so if you actually want to help factions with ships you need to do gather fleet missions or let them order it from you
Their was an exploit mega thread awhile back, I posted that exact info and it got deleted, along with several other posts with juicey break the game kind of exploits that is apparently better for people to just not know about. like how to get a full crew of four star boarding marines within your first hour to start capping ships with.
It doesn't matter if they don't use the ships, you sell ships this way to get all the blueprints in the game quickly like how it was before the nerf, then produce normally as the need for extravagant amounts of credits is no more after the plots and blueprints are done. You're still going to have to sabotage the terran economy to get them to buy from you though, as their shipyard/wharf never need resources.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 17. Oct 21, 17:23

steph_m37 wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 17:10
In the asteroid belt the miners are harassed by the Khaaks.
A Khaak outpost must have spawned there. It can be destroyed to prevent miners operating there from being attacked. That said Asteroid Belt is low density so not a good place to mine, with Saturn 2 being considerably better for ore and silicon. The Savage Spur sector connected to Getsu Fune is also pretty good, although has its own risks so needs extra security.
steph_m37 wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 17:10
if I understand correctly, I have very badly placed my shipyard (venus) and it's almost finished (I still have to buy the XL and L shipyard) shit !!
It is good for Energy Cells, but not good for mineables. Given the volumes of mineables involved it might be a good idea to move it. Fortunately deconstruction should refund you all the materials which you can then sell so the cost of moving is pretty cheap outside of time. Moving can be done by building a new station in a better area and then deconstructing the old one once the new one is finished and selling the construction wares to Terran orbital supply stations (trade stations).

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 07:25

hi !

@Imperial Good
thank you very much for the advice and info, I don't know if I will have the courage to redo the shipyard :) it took me so long at first.
Fortunately deconstruction should refund you all the materials which you can then sell so the cost of moving is pretty cheap outside of time. Moving can be done by building a new station in a better area and then deconstructing the old one once the new one is finished and selling the construction wares to Terran orbital supply stations (trade stations).
and well finally i will give it a try :mrgreen: ,I think I will like it and then the station builder is really great to use now.

so Jupiter me voilà !!! :x4:

Steph

Sirus5
x4

Post by Sirus5 » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 12:55

Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 16. Oct 21, 01:40
steph_m37 wrote:
Fri, 15. Oct 21, 20:35
nd with 4 miners for silicon and 4 miners for ore it's insufficient.
As mentioned previously each computronic substrate module needs roughly 8 miners, and that is with producing in Jupiter and mining in Saturn 2 which is one of the best silicon mining sites in X4 (possibly only beaten by obscure Xenon sectors). These are also maxed out ships, so L miners have 10 mining drones, as many mining turrets as possible, full service crew and 2+ star captains all mining inside resource probes. M miners have Mk2 mining lasers, as many mining turrets as possible, travel Mk3 engines and full service crew with 2+ star captains as well as mining inside resource probes.

With computronic substrate it really is about the scale. If you want to produce it seriously you are looking at tens of thousands of people, hundreds of thousands of mineables per hour and hundreds of subordinate ships with multiple docks. I currently operate 25 computronic substrate modules, and it is quite likely that factory alone consumes most of the mined materials in my universe.
Looking at this sector table from here https://www.qsna.eu/x4/resources/
If you are prepared to build in Paranid space - Pious Mists may be good for that.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 16:58

Sirus5 wrote:
Tue, 19. Oct 21, 12:55
Looking at this sector table from here https://www.qsna.eu/x4/resources/
I would not trust that table. For example it says The Reach is bad for ore while in reality The Reach is one of the best sectors for ore. It seems to have summed the yield values of all mineable shapes for the sectors. A measurement that has little to do with actual in game yield from my experience.

Pious Mists is ok, but quite a poor choice compared with many other sectors such as Savage Spur or Saturn 2. It does have the advantage of nice shaped resource fields so covering them with probes should be easier, assuming they can yield enough to keep a factory of such scale fed.

Sirus5
x4

Post by Sirus5 » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 10:51

Interesting - thanks

I thought that table was constructed from extracting information from Save files... Which should have been accurate.
Maybe the resources shown in the table are spread far apart and those in the Reach and Saturn 2 are more concentrated.

I must admit it's nice to have at least a good idea of where the better places to build are - the problem is that
resource probes don't actually give a good indication for the whole sector - it would be nice to have an "Advanced Resource Probe"
that maybe 3 or 4 placed strategically would give a good indication for the sector as a whole.

Return to “X4: Foundations”