Some praise for the game

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

Some praise for the game

Post by builder680 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:42

I've been pretty hard on this game in a number of posts about frustrating portions of the game, but wanted to make it clear that the positives outweigh the negatives by far. The game is fantastic overall, I'm several hundred hours into a vanilla playthrough now, and still have a LOT more I want to do before starting a new game using mods, which should add several hundred more hours of play time. I'd say it's a massive improvement over x3 (though I miss a lot from that game), and that's saying a lot because x3 is my favorite space game ever, and I've played space games for nearly 40 years now. Great work, and please keep improving the game. :)

Y-llian
x4

Re: Some praise for the game

Post by Y-llian » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 21:12

I second this sentiment. I have over 1500 hours in X4 and I always come back. I hope the devs realise that despite our grumbles and occasional prickliness, we really appreciate the game and their hard work. And that our suggestions, thoughts, even the misunderstandings, come from a heartfelt place in that we want X4 to be the best it can be.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 03:10

It's because we love it so much that we sometimes complain and point out the flaws. Because we appreciate the potential and enjoy so many other aspects of the game. We appreciate the way Egosoft updates the game. If we didn't have any hope that suggestions for improvement would be taken under consideration, we wouldn't spend the time making those suggestions.

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 03:58

It’s easy to present problems on forums, asking the devs to fix specific things but yes, the game itself is truly amazing

And the problems that it does have takes hundreds of hours to even begin to notice

camshaft97
x4

Post by camshaft97 » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 22:16

Concur.

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Tue, 19. Oct 21, 23:40

I want to join. While there are issues with the game and few limitations or weird bugs here and there, things that are out of modders control etc I still think its a very unique and awesome game.
I already spent at least a thousands hours modding it (not counting play hours, i guess they are smaller lol) and guess will spend few more (especially if we will see the modding tools one day :D )

Whatever0815
x4

Post by Whatever0815 » Fri, 22. Oct 21, 00:19

Instead of a long-winded statement: +1.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Fri, 22. Oct 21, 03:22

builder680 wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:42
I've been pretty hard on this game in a number of posts about frustrating portions of the game, but wanted to make it clear that the positives outweigh the negatives by far. The game is fantastic overall, I'm several hundred hours into a vanilla playthrough now, and still have a LOT more I want to do before starting a new game using mods, which should add several hundred more hours of play time. I'd say it's a massive improvement over x3 (though I miss a lot from that game), and that's saying a lot because x3 is my favorite space game ever, and I've played space games for nearly 40 years now. Great work, and please keep improving the game. :)
Amen.
X4 is been an amazing game, regardless everything else (bugs etc). And glad to see someone as old as I am here, with 30+ years playing space games :mrgreen:
So many games, so many memories but all these are now surpassed by far by X4. Never thought that would happen and is bit sad tbh. Especially for Privateer. :oops:

Omni-Orb
x4

Post by Omni-Orb » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 15:34

This game is sooooo gooood! Im playing on (4.8ghz 6 core, 1080ti) and on the correct settings in 4k on a 75 inch led uhd tv, and a 5.2 (surround with two subwoofers) with a comfy recliner chair as my pilots seat. Here is a work in progress photo of my gaming setup: https://i.postimg.cc/9FQM6rzC/20211023-150036.jpg
I really feel like im inside the game in a cockpit of the ship. I live a place where the nearest neightbor doesnt hear my sound setup. So when i boost the engines the whole room rumbles from the bass. Even distant explosions make it sound like there is a real battle around me, especially close up explosions. The intensity of the experience and the immersion is almost unreal.
The feel of flying around is great with the correct settings. Its fluid and the controls are extremely responsive. The perspective of the player has it so that the world feels really large and that we are truly a grain of sand in the vastness of space. The "arcade" type fighting is good to me cause it feels like a game, its fun. And the abilities and equipment feel immersive and diverse. The colors of the game feel diverse, and we even have the option to change the color with color correction.

It lives up to its name "foundations" cause it shows that the egosoft team are working the foundation of the game and planning for the future with all the new content and possibly new games based off this universe and game engine. The fact that egosoft is a company with around 20+ employees works for our benefit now in the days where big corporate gaming is slowly "rotting". Making games slowly and patiently with your small team has massive benefits for the game itself and allows more "artistic feedom", and it shows.
I have to apologise for only pointing out the bugs and giving opinions on what to change or add in my previous posts because i have 1300 hours in x4 and thousands in the other x games and im totally addicted to this game universe in a good way, Ofcourse the forum is filled with stuff that might sound negative, however i think most would agree that it is because we are so passionate about this game universe.

Thanks for this thread, great idea to have more focus on what egosoft does correct.
Last edited by Terre on Sat, 23. Oct 21, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images posted directly to the forums should not be greater than 640x480 or 100kb, oversize image now linked
Credence follow stars.

Sirus5
x4

Post by Sirus5 » Sat, 23. Oct 21, 16:22

Love your setup -
But where is the HOTAS Joystick - I have never been without a joystick in the X-Series.

Just to let you know - Foundations - Egosoft's Foundations were laid a long time ago
when they started with X-Beyond the Frontier - which I started with, going through
X-Tension, X2 (Loved the Pirate Bayamon Ship - Glass cannon, X3 (So good with the
Modding community) and then on to the later games.

Return to “X4: Foundations”