Friendly ships collecting inventory items? - Explained.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Poacher886
x4

Friendly ships collecting inventory items? - Explained.

Post by Poacher886 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:41

So im accompanied by two friendly ships and order them to pick up some dropped container's that appear nearby. the contents is Inventory in one and an Inventory ware item in the other.

The ships go about their business and collect the containers, but the contents does not appear in my inventory ??

Im sure it used too !

LameFox
x4

Re: Friendly ships collecting inventory items?

Post by LameFox » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:49

I'm not sure if it did at some point but for a long time now you have to either tell them to deposit it or go get it off them in person.
***modified***

Poacher886
x4

Re: Friendly ships collecting inventory items?

Post by Poacher886 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:54

LameFox wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 16:49
I'm not sure if it did at some point but for a long time now you have to either tell them to deposit it or go get it off them in person.
Excellent, and so it should be....err, deposit where indeed and is there a record of who has what??

Thanks

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Friendly ships collecting inventory items? - Explained.

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 18:05

They will travel to your PHQ and deposit the inventory in the inventory safe in the science lab for you (if you have the PHQ and science lab, obviously).

If you have researched teleport of suitable range via the PHQ then you can jump to the ships of yours with inventory (there is a tab for ships' captains/pilots with inventory in your property menu) and talk to the captains/pilots, select 'more options' and then 'hand over inventory'. Without teleport you would have to arrange to visit their ships the conventional way to speak to them.

AFAIK, there is no obvious display of what inventory they hold, just that they have some. (Someone will correct me if that is wrong.)
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Poacher886
x4

Post by Poacher886 » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 18:57

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 18:05
They will travel to your PHQ and deposit the inventory in the inventory safe in the science lab for you (if you have the PHQ and science lab, obviously).

If you have researched teleport of suitable range via the PHQ then you can jump to the ships of yours with inventory (there is a tab for ships' captains/pilots with inventory in your property menu) and talk to the captains/pilots, select 'more options' and then 'hand over inventory'. Without teleport you would have to arrange to visit their ships the conventional way to speak to them.

AFAIK, there is no obvious display of what inventory they hold, just that they have some. (Someone will correct me if that is wrong.)
Thank you, i did wonder if this would be the case, and prefer to actual have to meet for a handover rather than it just appear in your inventory. Im all for realism / immersion.

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:02

Alan Phipps wrote:
Inventory list is available in the crew section of ship info, e.g. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3axnyfcgclnkw ... 1.jpg?dl=0

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:12

Thanks. There you go, I'm always learning new stuff about X4. :)

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:50

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:02
Alan Phipps wrote:
Inventory list is available in the crew section of ship info, e.g. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3axnyfcgclnkw ... 1.jpg?dl=0
"Split request you take inventory. Ship overrun with mod parts, majaglit, and spacefly eggs. Please send help." - Fae t'Lt

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 20:22

... but if you visit many of the non-Split sectors, the friendly local police and customs authorities will help you to reduce your (illegal) inventory clutter! :D

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 21:08

Eyeklops wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:50
"Split request you take inventory. Ship overrun with mod parts, majaglit, and spacefly eggs. Please send help." - Fae t'Lt
Hmm, suppose I really ought to swing by to pick it up. Incidentally, that is the downside of completely automated loot collection. Before Repeat Orders were a thing I'd set an alert for enemy capital ship incursions into sectors I was guarding. Then, when the alert sounded, I'd get the relevant sector up on the map & launch my battlefield scavengers. Made it much easier to remember to collect the stuff when the battle was over. These days several weeks can go past before I remember & often only get round to collecting it when I've run out of something critical (e.g. High Energy Catalyst) & need to replenish my stocks.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 21:13

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 20:22
... but if you visit many of the non-Split sectors, the friendly local police and customs authorities will help you to reduce your (illegal) inventory clutter! :D
Indeed they will. Something I've noticed lately is police making a bee line to my captains collecting lockboxes. I'll watch my lil' explorer run all over the sector undisturbed and then I get the call "We found something out here". I as soon as I hit the "yes, go get that" option the police appear and just "hangs out". Could be coincidence.

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 21:16

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 21:08
Eyeklops wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:50
Hmm, suppose I really ought to swing by to pick it up. Incidentally, that is the downside of completely automated loot collection. Before Repeat Orders were a thing I'd set an alert for enemy capital ship incursions into sectors I was guarding. Then, when the alert sounded, I'd get the relevant sector up on the map & launch my battlefield scavengers. Made it much easier to remember to collect the stuff when the battle was over. These days several weeks can go past before I remember & often only get round to collecting it when I've run out of something critical (e.g. High Energy Catalyst) & need to replenish my stocks.
- GCU Grey Area when talking to his fleet about the new tuning mods scheduled to be installed.

EDIT: Ok..no more off-topic for me.

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 21:40

If you right click the ship in map, the context menu has an option to drop inventory, which gives you a listing of the inventory and chance to choose which items to drop, default all, as a lockbox which you can then go and pick up.
bloop

Diroc
x4

Post by Diroc » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 05:39

Personal fan of Takoba on gate defense stations and XL support craft for gate guarding fleets. Set default action to dock on one of these. Send them out after a battle to clean up the loots.
Takoba is slower than the Moreya but has 2 shields and can take more abuse Mamba is decent also but slower.
The fleet support craft can also repair the ship if it takes damage.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 09:58

I checked it out. There is now indeed a list for inventory items per ship's pilot:
https://i.imgur.com/7rH2Lix.png

Return to “X4: Foundations”