Large Miner bugs

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Chirmaya
xr

Large Miner bugs

Post by Chirmaya » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 20:18

Hi! I've just come back to the game and started a custom game start with a large miner (magnetar mineral sentinel). I quickly ran into 4 glaring bugs while self-piloting it:

1) Mining turrets try to aim at things out of range, so you have to turn the ship so they can shoot at an asteroid that is out of its current field of fire.
2) Mining turrets target every asteroid, even empty ones. This making trying to mine with it very time consuming compared to if it only shot at ones with resources. (Unless there is some way to specify what it should target? Even then, it shouldn't target empty ones by default.)
3) Mining drones will sometimes disappear. I think I saw a bug report and that this is fixed, so I assume this will be in the next released patch? (not sure where it lists all the internally-fixed bugs)
4) Capacity will only fill half-way. My filled capacity is 26520 of 50400. Using the tractor beam, though it picks up more ore visually, the actual stored ore is not increased. (I assume this is somewhat related with a different bug I saw that dealt with traders only having half capacity.)

Anyone know if these are all known bugs and if they'll be fixed soon? Thanks!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Large Miner bugs

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 21:12

Well if you think they are bugs then it is best to report them individually in Tech Sp under an appropriate thread title and each along with a link to a vanilla save showing the issue in action and the steps to replicate the problem after loading that save.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Large Miner bugs

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 22:42

X4 is not designed for personal mining. For example you cannot mine gasses at all personally. Personal mining is generally considered a boring activity that maybe you do early on, as such the amount of development effort towards it is limited compared with more exiting activities such as storylines or combat.

Return to “X4: Foundations”