Trade stations Advice

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

zdan30
x4

Trade stations Advice

Post by zdan30 » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 13:54

Ill try to keep this simple because its confusing me just how im going to explain this but here goes.

Im setting up trades stations around the super highway 3-4 jumps apart to try pick up all the wares i have excess off in my stations and to distribute them to all the factions.

Ive set up the wares to buy to only my factions with the max price and the sell option is the standard no setting/sell to all, by doing this im hoping it will only accept my ships but my concern is if i have trade ships will they then go off and buy from anyone as the price is so high and because they are my ships doing the buying they will bypass what i actually want which is to only buy from my stations on certain products, i have set these trade rules individually through the logistics screen.

I havent played for some time and ive forgotten quite a bit about this game so hopefully this will clear up the issue thats bugging me most

Gersidi

Re: Trade stations Advice

Post by Gersidi » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 15:24

Just set the buy price to auto and leave on buy only from your faction, then the sell order price to auto and sell to everyone. That will work. The auto Buy/sell price settings will always have buy 1c lower than the sell price anyways.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 16:12

Another option is to have your free traders with a "Trade Restriction" to only your faction. This way they can only buy at your stations and sell at them. Since your stations have excess they will "buy" from there and since your Trade Stations want the goods they will "sell" to them. Then the factions will very much start buying from your Trade Stations.

EDIT: You'll find this option in "General Options" - "Blacklist", it's the third choice...

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 22:45

Self trade rule with buying means that the subordinates can only buy from yourself. This sounds like it is exactly what you want. However auto traders you own operating in the area without such trade restriction might still buy or sell to that station independently as they are still owned by you.

PrivatePanic
x4

Post by PrivatePanic » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 01:03

When setting a trade station buy price higher than sell price, I've seen station traders buy from the trade station to sell back to the same trade station. It doesn't happen continuously but it's wasting time the trader could be using for profitable trades.

I don't know if it's the best idea but what I've been doing is approximately...
Production station sells at min + 5
Trade station buys at min + 6
Trade station sells at local area buy price - a few percent.
With trade restrictions to self as appropriate.

If I need production for personal use, say hull parts for new station, I can tweak the trade station buy price to min rather than deleting my buy or sell rules until I'm willing to sell publicly again.

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:03

As a heads up, when you create a trade rule or blacklist...

You can set it globally, to your entire faction.
You can set it for a specific station
You can set it for specific ships

For example, I have a resource trading post in The Void. Some gases are plentiful, some are not, while all minerals are plentiful. That station will only buy resource from my ships, and will sell to anyone. Then more specifically, I have my mineral miners attached to that station with their own individual activities blacklist which means that they cannot mine outside of the Void.

So the station only buys from me, will sell to anyone. My gas miners are free to get gas from the best resource patch within a few jumps range, and my mineral miners are stuck mining in only the void.

zdan30
x4

Post by zdan30 » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 08:21

So after a few hours testing the best way i found to get product to my first trading station is to set the producing factory to only sell to my ships and put the price very low and at my trade station set the price to buy fairly low but higher than the producing station and set the sell price at what the npc`s will buy and make me a profit, this takes care of phase one.

Phase two, trying to then get the excess from trade station one to trade station two
Trade station 2 is 3 jumps around the highway and has its own products i want to send to trade station one, the only way ive found to do this is to set up repeat orders and to clutter up my UI with ships (not good ,i dont like this option)

Is there anyway (other than mods) to assign a repeat order ship to a station without assigning the ship to trade for the station?

Or is there a better easier way without cluttering up the UI that im not seeing?

Im ideally looking at 4 stations around the ring filling up each station and moving around any excess.

daren_hobbs
x4

Post by daren_hobbs » Wed, 20. Oct 21, 23:19

This is exactly where I'm at in my run without any mods.... I was planning to dig into the ventures, but they are still disabled. BOOO!

I think I have explored all the trade options, restrictions and blacklists.
Traders assigned to stations DO reliably execute trades with the intended secondary/storage stations, but most of the time I find that the order only fills a fraction of the cargo hold. Often I find one(1) unit being traded or 248 when 1200 could fit and are needed/on order.

I can say that, currently, the ONLY way to get reliable and consistent distribution to trade/storage stations is to use repeat orders.
Sorry for the bad news.

Expand for my trade settings
Spoiler
Show
Main production station
  • Main tab:
    • Station Trades - rule to only trade with own faction
  • Individual Instructions(whistle Icon):
    • Blacklists for Subordinates:
      • Trade Restrictions
        • blacklist: Restrict all factions and allow own faction
wares that I want to move to supply station I set to lowest sell price. All of my trade ships are assigned to the production station as traders.

On the Supply station I have I have the same setup, but you can adjust your subordinate restriction as needed.
Ware I want in the supply station, I set to the highest buy price.

Return to “X4: Foundations”