My X4 story and why I stopped playing *SPOILERS*

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raevyan
x4

Re: My X4 story and why I stopped playing *SPOILERS*

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 20:51

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=- wrote:
Sun, 10. Oct 21, 10:36
Yes, there are so many ideas, but it is difficult to implement everything the user requires, without having to go through a hard work of balancing. I read in another topic that the current Xenon problem is due to the mismanagement of creating capital ships with undersized number of turrets and shields. This was probably intended, in order to further test the player community and get information on how to improve the balance.

So I understand the frustration, I too have stopped my gameplay at the moment, as did the OP, but it is also fair to say that I am on the sixth gameplay and have passed 2300 hours of total gameplay. I can be satisfied with the gameplay experienced so far and the money spent :mrgreen:
The sad part about this is that the release branch is more of a beta than the actual betas. Unless they stop being afraid of making changes (I.e. sunlight) I don’t see a bright future of X4. Out of all the topics about xenons on the forum since the 4.0 Desaster, there wasn’t a single dev comment on those topics (not counting CBJ reminding ppl to read forum rules). They broke Xenons in 4.0 and took more than 6 month to release a patch that supposedly addressed the problem and introduced the next big problem.

-=SiR KiLLaLoT=-
x4

Post by -=SiR KiLLaLoT=- » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 23:12

rene6740 wrote:
Sun, 10. Oct 21, 20:51
The sad part about this is that the release branch is more of a beta than the actual betas.
On this I agree with you. If I remember correctly there was Beta 6 or 7 that had a whit of old Xenons of 3.30, or at least I remember that the Xenon I was unstoppable as it is Asgard now. Then in the final version they returned similar to 4.0 , or worse :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
HW Spec:
CPU: Core i9 9900k @ 5.0Ghz - MOBO: MSI Z390-A PRO - RAM: 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix MAX DDR4 4400Mhz CL19 - GPU: nVidia RTX 3070 FE - M.2: Samsung 980 512GB - SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB - Samsung 850 EVO 250GB - Sandisk Plus 240GB – HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB – WD Caviar Blue 1TB – WD Caviar Black 2TB - PSU: Enermax Liberty 82+ PRO 620w - CASE: iTek Iron Soldier - MONITOR: 27” Acer ED270UP - Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit - KEYBOARD: Logitech G11 – MOUSE: Red Dragon Perdition
My X4 Steam screenshots.

IRONOX
x4

Post by IRONOX » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 00:08

Can´t confirm....
In my playtroughs the Xenon always doing fine. Even stealing sectors from the other factions.
But this comes down to my way of dealing with them by leaving them alone and hunt them more in a controled way.

And the Asgard might be powerful but only if you as the player controls them. The AI can´t use them properly.
In my games the Terran send them all over the universe but to no meaningful effect other than providing me with new ones for my fleets ;)

It´s always a though task to make a sandbox game that fits every playstyle that exist. In the end it´s more down to the player itself how hard they want their game to be.
Alle Angaben mit Gewähr auf eventuelle Fehlerhaftigkeit!

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:13

IRONOX wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 00:08
And the Asgard might be powerful but only if you as the player controls them. The AI can´t use them properly.

Only in high attention...in low attention, they do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Flkd4qLLg&t=7s
IRONOX wrote:
In my playtroughs the Xenon always doing fine. Even stealing sectors from the other factions.

Where the hell do you see this in your game? :o A food factory can kill 5 K's in low attention...how the xenon can take a sector if they can't kill a factory? Every time I see a Xenon K atacking a station OOS and I fly in the sector, the K have all the turetts destroyed :o Who knew that station defences have such turetts sniping capabilities :gruebel:

Could you provide some save file that show those uber Xenon that you have in your game? Some footage? Some proof? Because if not, I find your claims really hard to believe :gruebel:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:46

I second the above questions bc even when I tried directly helping xenons they can't do anything bc of oos, hacked every npc yards to stop production for days on end, 0 progress, install mods like focw with all high for xenons only, they now maybe if they are lucky kill a station in 3 days ingame time, and only if they send excessive amounts of S/M ships
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

IRONOX
x4

Post by IRONOX » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 13:16

Ragnos28 wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 11:13
IRONOX wrote:

Only in high attention...in low attention, they do this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5Flkd4qLLg&t=7s
IRONOX wrote:

Where the hell do you see this in your game? :o A food factory can kill 5 K's in low attention...how the xenon can take a sector if they can't kill a factory? Every time I see a Xenon K atacking a station OOS and I fly in the sector, the K have all the turetts destroyed :o Who knew that station defences have such turetts sniping capabilities :gruebel:

Could you provide some save file that show those uber Xenon that you have in your game? Some footage? Some proof? Because if not, I find your claims really hard to believe :gruebel:
https://imgur.com/a/xdTA4hy

Hope this can help :) Some random shit happens in my playtrhoug, things like Curb now controlling two Xenon Defence Platforms :D

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 14:07

IRONOX wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 13:16
https://imgur.com/a/xdTA4hy

Hope this can help :) Some random shit happens in my playtrhoug, things like Curb now controlling two Xenon Defence Platforms :D
Yeah, definitely some weird stuff. For example, Scale Plate VII, by the time I send the first ship in there, the sector was owned by the Teladi, w/o me firing a single shot. :gruebel: But I got to admit, the CUB Xenon Defence Platform(s) is the icing on the cake :lol: ...and also make me think that not all is "vanilla" in your save :P ...I might be wrong, but weird stuff indeed :gruebel:

Still have some questions:

1. Has the Xenon takeover of the Split sector happen in 3.30, by any chance?

2 How many hours/days in your save?

My statistics says 21 08.01 and the only xenon sectors that have ships are Matrix #9 and Matrix #451. https://ibb.co/sq7mF2f The other Xenon shipyards and wharfs that are in my universe produce no ships.

Anyway, the idea is that the new and "improved" OOS calculations from 4.10, made the Xenon impossible to "groom", their capitals lose all fights OOS, being against ships or stations...and that makes irrelevant how one "hunt them more in a controled way", to the point that I take my Asgard and run away the moment I see a Xenon capital so I don't hurt the delicate flower :lol:

IRONOX
x4

Post by IRONOX » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 14:24

Was fresh start in 4.10, vanilla. Current playtime is around 7 16.13 so not as far in as yours.
The takeover of Family Kritt happend when i had to reposition my Syn for some plot-related stuff :P
Ship-wise there are always a bunch of Ks and the occasional I around in their sectors.

So as i say it might come down to the individual playstyle if the Xenon remain a threat or not.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 15:05

IRONOX wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 14:24
Was fresh start in 4.10, vanilla. Current playtime is around 7 16.13 so not as far in as yours.
Ahh...that explains it. :) Well...to paraphrase an ancient epitaph... I was were you are, you will be were I am :mrgreen:

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:27

from what I see in that pic is no progress from xenons in any part except split and thats bc they have massive problems with engine parts so if you dont help stoping xenons or providing them with engine parts they will get kind of "wrecked", not very far I might add

in my experience that is the only part where xenons do "something", all the rest is either the same as in xenons keep starting sectors or lose some, and its a lottery where the asgrad

so basically imo you have not shown any progress of xenons but to each there own

there is a part of terran/yaki story where they send 3 Is and 12 Ks and a whole bunch of S/M ships to Earth, all that fleet cant get past first station they encounter :lol: , I even followed them in high attention and still exploding modules on the first station wrecked half of the fleet double :lol:

xenons are a dud, a dud and they are suppose to be some AI killing machines

I did try FOCW but that didnt help, but there is 2 others so maybe it will make me play again until I hope Ego does something about this
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 20:11

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:27
from what I see in that pic is no progress from xenons in any part except split and thats bc they have massive problems with engine parts so if you dont help stoping xenons or providing them with engine parts they will get kind of "wrecked", not very far I might add

in my experience that is the only part where xenons do "something", all the rest is either the same as in xenons keep starting sectors or lose some, and its a lottery where the asgrad

so basically imo you have not shown any progress of xenons but to each there own

there is a part of terran/yaki story where they send 3 Is and 12 Ks and a whole bunch of S/M ships to Earth, all that fleet cant get past first station they encounter :lol: , I even followed them in high attention and still exploding modules on the first station wrecked half of the fleet double :lol:

xenons are a dud, a dud and they are suppose to be some AI killing machines

I did try FOCW but that didnt help, but there is 2 others so maybe it will make me play again until I hope Ego does something about this
Besides, his save is a "young" one. I too have a save slot rezerved for the moment in which my Asgard come out from my shipyard, day 10 (my version of a custom start) and the map show an optimistic sector possession by the Xenon (as far as their original sectors are concern). However I know how things will turn out 8)

Meh...like others on the replies chain pointed out, some ppl were crying in 3.30....boo hoo, Xenon uber...nerf, nerf...and boom...here come the nerf hammer...and now we have the happy go lucky universe we are stuck with atm :doh: Great for those that what to build "sail looking mega-plex", not so great for the armchair admirals among us :lol:

IRONOX
x4

Post by IRONOX » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 23:46

Ragnos28 wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 20:11
Besides, his save is a "young" one. I too have a save slot rezerved for the moment in which my Asgard come out from my shipyard, day 10 (my version of a custom start) and the map show an optimistic sector possession by the Xenon (as far as their original sectors are concern). However I know how things will turn out 8)

Meh...like others on the replies chain pointed out, some ppl were crying in 3.30....boo hoo, Xenon uber...nerf, nerf...and boom...here come the nerf hammer...and now we have the happy go lucky universe we are stuck with atm :doh: Great for those that what to build "sail looking mega-plex", not so great for the armchair admirals among us :lol:
Well i have enough firepower in my "young" save to wipe out every Xenon in my game.
I simply choose not to and will not in the future. So when i reache 21 days playtime there still will be Xenon running around doing their stuff :)

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 02:08

IRONOX wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 23:46
Well i have enough firepower in my "young" save to wipe out every Xenon in my game.
I simply choose not to and will not in the future. So when i reache 21 days playtime there still will be Xenon running around doing their stuff :)
Well...the Xenon atm are so pathetic that the mission reward Syn equip with L plasma turetts is enough firepower to wipe out every Xenon, so no surprise there :)

I still have Xenon running around doing their stuff in my game, but only in 2 sectors, Matrix #9 and Matrix #451, because the factions exterminated them in all the other, w/o any intervention from me, because the Xenon are helpless in low attention, they can't destroy stations or capital ships. Hell, I did not help the split with a single component and they wipe out all the Xenon sectors adjacent to them :o I already shown you that the (intervention) Asgard is invincible OOS, so if those things enter a Xenon sector...exterminatus.

What can I say, best of luck on your desire outcome :)

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 07:48

Ragnos28 wrote:
Tue, 12. Oct 21, 02:08
Asgard is invincible OOS, so if those things enter a Xenon sector...
Spartans said: if.

It took Terrans 21 hours to produce a new intervention vessel after their Shipyard was reduced to one (non-productive) module (and they lost all their Patrols in the process). Pre-4.1.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 09:43

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 12. Oct 21, 07:48
Ragnos28 wrote:
Tue, 12. Oct 21, 02:08
Asgard is invincible OOS, so if those things enter a Xenon sector...
Spartans said: if.

It took Terrans 21 hours to produce a new intervention vessel after their Shipyard was reduced to one (non-productive) module (and they lost all their Patrols in the process). Pre-4.1.
Yes...I've heard that blocking the production of terran capitals is a good way to prevent the Asgard scourge on the Xenon :mrgreen: I am at +30 with the terrans and I still find myself making Asgards go boom on manny ocasions 8)

Let me describe a recent game experience I had. An Asgard intervention force entered Argon Prime while I was there with my fleet. Somehow, the terrans had agro the argon forces. The terrans are at peace with the argon (I took that option in the missions chain). The argon Collosus and 5 patrol Behemonts + excorts where quickly destroyed by the Asgard+1 Osaka+kukri+falx (typical intervention fleet). I was like...ok, the argon fleet was destroyed, they agro, now all is good. Nop...Asgard + friends have orders to atack a nearby station. Hmm...maybe it was actually the station that had agroo the intervention fleet? :gruebel: I let the station be destroyed, but after I saw that the Asgard already targeted another station :o After this, I said screw it, destroyed all terran forces to prevent the wipeout of Argon Prime. I check the global map, the terrans and argon ar at peace, only the intervention fleet was determined to kill anything argon in Argon Prime.

The conclusion of my fun story? We have in the Asgard an imbalanced ship that, w/o player intervention, steamrolls anything in the universe :mrgreen:, is basicly invincible in high attention vs factions forces and just plain invincible in low attention :mrgreen:
Maybe limit their number a bit, so we don't have the player spend the time aggressively redecorating the terran shipyard or stand guard at the gates of the xenon sectors, just saying. :roll:

Ahh...pre 4.1. Time for another fun story, in 4.10. I saw an FAF Rattlesnake vs 3 K's, in combat OOS. Flew in the sector to see the Rattle go boom to have a good laugh :twisted: What do I see? The Rattle going pew pew at the K's, that have not a single turett intact :lol: This is the "more precise OOS calculations" of the 4.10, in all its glory :lol:

That is why I consider the vision of @IRONOX on Xenon survival, a bit too much optimistic :mrgreen:

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 20:23

We all know that in the current state of game Xenon sooner or later will be erased from map. It only depends how long you play, game become very static .
I don't see the point of building the next station or another fleet, who cares if you have 10 billions or 100 billions, just numbers on the screen. :(
Building next Syns or Asgards? I don't know with who fight , of course can eradicate all factions and become like in movie from YouTube "King of Shit" :gruebel:
The true old like world , war fuels the economy. What do I need money for if I have nothing to spend on?
Even this post is without any sense as it will not change anything. :( :doh:

Shuulo
x4

Post by Shuulo » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 00:50

At the stage like this players usually have options, first one will be to wait for next DLC and patch as currently OOS and Xenons specifically are broken, no wonder they are weak, but you can come up with other options too:
1. Challenge yourself by limiting what you can do (i personally hate to do that) with new save
2. Choose to fight AI empires early on with new save
3. Install mods to either spice up the game or substantially change it to your liking.

paiku
x4

Post by paiku » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 18:09

Mistle wrote:
Tue, 12. Oct 21, 20:23
We all know that in the current state of game Xenon sooner or later will be erased from map. It only depends how long you play, game become very static .
I don't see the point of building the next station or another fleet, who cares if you have 10 billions or 100 billions, just numbers on the screen. :(
Building next Syns or Asgards? I don't know with who fight , of course can eradicate all factions and become like in movie from YouTube "King of Shit" :gruebel:
The true old like world , war fuels the economy. What do I need money for if I have nothing to spend on?
Even this post is without any sense as it will not change anything. :( :doh:
i would be very surprised, if the xenon will get wiped out in 4.10. I think they would not even lose a single station without player interference.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Thu, 14. Oct 21, 21:51

paiku wrote:
Thu, 14. Oct 21, 18:09
i would be very surprised, if the xenon will get wiped out in 4.10. I think they would not even lose a single station without player interference.
It is a reasonable expectation. V4.xx tend to make the universe very static. A very few sectors are susceptibles to swirch from a faction to an other (point I dont speak about ownerless sectors at start)

Xenons case is the most visible exemple but other factions are also affected.

buds

Post by buds » Sat, 16. Oct 21, 09:34

When i upgraded to 4.1 the xenon were already extinct except the bottom right and that other matrix next to 451. They are absolutely bezerk in hewas twin, the poor teladis! Ive been in there with my asgard with L-pulse and the massive p swarms can get dangerous. The terran intervention asgard gets eaten alive by the p's. They have quite a few wharfs and shipyards down there. I think it would be nice to have a way to re-seed the xenon back into their old sectors / other sectors. This could be done with the hub! Or maybe some mission from that bald guy.

Return to “X4: Foundations”