Ego, can we have Spacesuit thrusters Mk3 and extended Oxygen tanks please

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Poacher886
x4

Ego, can we have Spacesuit thrusters Mk3 and extended Oxygen tanks please

Post by Poacher886 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 12:35

@Egosoft devs

Thank you for including the 'Spacesuit start' in custom, this is how i like to start, in a suit with a 120K in my pocket, however...

Regardless, (but including) the new starting possibility's, i often find myself having ejected struggling to get to a near station or Ship, due to the very very slow thrusters and limited Oxygen tanks. It would be a welcome addition to have a Mk3 thruster available to purchase with say a top end of approx 60 and extended oxygen tanks that would allow for a jump or two to reach safety.

Please can you consider.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Ego, can we have Spacesuit thrusters Mk3 and extended Oxygen tanks please

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 13:04

That would be nice...

As for the spacesuit custom start you can always position yourself within reach of a Gate and "grab" a ship that's ready to jump to take you to it's "random" station or, at least, to the next system...

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 13:05

Or the ability to refill our O2 tanks - maybe by using a repair laser or gun on ice rocks?

Wultan
x4

Post by Wultan » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 10:46

@Poacher886: When your suit is too weak, take a weak s-ship instead. There are slow s-ships without weapons, that are like a MK3 suit thruster and they have more oxygen. The only drawback is, they have a travel engine.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 21:14

How about starting with an Elite that has no weapons? I think you can buy one, and a captain to fly it, for under 130K. Place yourself in a sector with a wharf and set it so you know all the stations in the sector. Then you could right click on the station, buy a ship, and have it come pick you up. You can stick to the basic space suit that way.

P.S. Odd, I just tried that myself in Trinity Sanctum 7. The wharf there has lots of vanguard ship types! All the Paranid, Teladi, and Argon "vanguard" types are there!? It seems to be part of the Alliance of the Word.

Edit: It's ALI in my main game, too. I never noticed!
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 22:49

Space Suit start should probably, automatically, place you on the nearest friendly station, trying nearby sectors if there are not any. If it fails to find one it should probably warn the user that their selected configuration might not be possible to properly play.

Submarine
x3tc

Post by Submarine » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 01:22

I spent a while testing space suit starts recently and made aa reports and suggestions in the "spoilers" subforum.
viewtopic.php?f=182&t=442471

I think this whole topic deserves wider discussion.

You can go about 10km on basic suit thrusters and 50km on Mk2 thrusters.

This enables close to station placement but you cannot see stations in the universe picker even with knowledge selected so it is guess work/RND and iteration to get a viable start. I think fixed stations should show with knowledge at setup but the problem is the RND factor means many stations will be randomly generated.

I managed a 42km trip to a station no problem but is took a while and I had to hold down the boost key which was tedious. I would quite like to be able to disable flight assist as for ships and drift at top boost speed.

You cannot hop between outer stations in most sectors in a suit but you can use the highway in a suit which opens up a lot of possible destinations close to the highway.

Freighter hitchiking is possible but there is a bug with the map which does not update for players entering systems on jumpships. You have to go through a gate for the map to work.

One idea which occurred to me was using a station traffic / transfer pod sized vehicle somehow. Either hiring a taxi to take you to a specific station or buying that kind of ship outright for a relatively low cost to enable travel unconstrained by oxygen but without fast travel, shield or weapons as an intermediate vehicle. It would add a layer to the suit start but the problem would be how to handle docking / launching. You could use the turbolift launch like a space suit launch, only launch/dock at traffic ports. Alternatively just add a class of very small ship without certain equipment slots and use the ship docks.

One of the purposes of a spacesuit start is to build from the minimum start so the point of using those runabouts would be the very low cost which permits repair missions maybe if you can launch a suit, recovering drops and trader market use for sure to build up enough money to get a proper ship. You do need a minimum of Cr230k even for a min spec Elite with gun due to all the mandatory scanners etc. So it could be very helpful to spend one tenth of that to start out in an ultralight vehicle.
bloop

Return to “X4: Foundations”