Free Families Military Licenses

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Dathne
x4

Free Families Military Licenses

Post by Dathne » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 21:00

I've reached +20 with the Free Families and have competed the promotion ceremony quest, but I don't have the licenses to get the big ships.

Could it be because of not doing the +10 promotion ceremony

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Free Families Military Licenses

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 21:08

If you look at FRF details under your Factions tab you shouldl be able to see what licences you actively hold and what ones are still greyed out. You might, for example only, be missing the FRF 'Can use military equipment' licence, etc that you would have received at the +10 rep ceremony.

I vaguely recall somebody saying they got around something similar to this by losing rep to below 10 and then earning it back again and doing the ceremonies - but it is a vague memory so only try it if you fancy it and after a backup of current saves - and don't complain if it doesn't work. :D
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Dathne
x4

Post by Dathne » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 21:19

Alan Phipps wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 21:08
If you look at FRF details under your Factions tab you shouldl be able to see what licences you actively hold and what ones are still greyed out. You might, for example only, be missing the FRF 'Can use military equipment' licence, etc that you would have received at the +10 rep ceremony.
Basically my rep is at 23, and under friend of the families and strong arm of the families the Free Split Military Ship License and the Free Split Capital Ship License are both greyed out and I don't understand why

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 21:23

The problem is probably your not having their Military Ship licence from the +10 ceremony. That will probably knock on later into capital ships as well.

See if this link to Roguey's site on Factions helps.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 23:33

If your save is not modified you may need to provide it to look at. Most issues regarding missing faction ceremonies and unlocks should have been fixed.

If the faction loses the station with their representative on it, it may take a while to respawn. Until it does you cannot visit any ceremonies, even if you have the rep for them.

People have reported issues with FRF and CUB/CAB representatives in the distant past based on Split storyline progress. It is possible that not all such bugs have been fixed, especially if there is an obscure trigger. However most have been.

Dathne
x4

Post by Dathne » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 00:35

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 8. Oct 21, 23:33
If your save is not modified you may need to provide it to look at. Most issues regarding missing faction ceremonies and unlocks should have been fixed.

If the faction loses the station with their representative on it, it may take a while to respawn. Until it does you cannot visit any ceremonies, even if you have the rep for them.

People have reported issues with FRF and CUB/CAB representatives in the distant past based on Split storyline progress. It is possible that not all such bugs have been fixed, especially if there is an obscure trigger. However most have been.
I don't remember getting a quest for the +10 ceremony which is why this is confusing me.

Anyone got any quick ways of loosing rep, as that seems to be the only way of I can think to sort things out

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 02:25

Dathne wrote:
Sun, 10. Oct 21, 00:35
Anyone got any quick ways of loosing rep, as that seems to be the only way of I can think to sort things out
Blow up station surface elements with torpedoes. Can use a fast ship like the Cobra or Katana to avoid being attacked. The stations will eventually forgive you after 30-60 minutes or so.

Destroying their ships would also work, but I am unsure if ZYA polices the area causing you to also lose rep with them.

Dathne
x4

Post by Dathne » Tue, 12. Oct 21, 00:53

So i have managed to get down to +9 then went back to +10, did the ceremony quest, but I still don't have the Free Split MIlitary License that I'm supposed to get at +10, and looking at my reps, its greyed out. Any ideas?

Return to “X4: Foundations”