Young gun looking for some help, new ship and trading.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DEL 707
x2

Re: Young gun looking for some help, new ship and trading.

Post by DEL 707 » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 14:03

Could use a bit more advice.

My main station in Eighteen Billion, which produces advanced electronics, keeps losing it's traders.
I'm using Vultures as traders, what can I do to keep them safe?

On another note, I bought 2 Cerberus to help me with a ship capture mission, which was pretty fun!
But I took a blind guess on their loadouts. When it comes to fighting and disabling larger ships, what kind of weapon loadout should I be using?

jlehtone
x4

Re: Young gun looking for some help, new ship and trading.

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 25. Oct 21, 18:13

DEL 707 wrote:
Mon, 25. Oct 21, 14:03
My main station in Eighteen Billion, which produces advanced electronics, keeps losing it's traders.
I'm using Vultures as traders, what can I do to keep them safe?

On another note, I bought 2 Cerberus to help me with a ship capture mission, which was pretty fun!
But I took a blind guess on their loadouts. When it comes to fighting and disabling larger ships, what kind of weapon loadout should I be using?
What kills your traders and where? There is "blacklist" feature to tell all or specific ships to not go in/trade with, if the ships go into undesirable locations to die.

For disabling the personal ship is usually enough firepower (unless you hunt very thick game). Almost everybody I've seen has said that they tell the helpers to "Maintain distance" to the boarded ship; that any other option damages the target too much. (But with tight control you can have a swarm gnaw "just enough" -- again when the target is thick.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”