Failed orders

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

Failed orders

Post by builder680 » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 06:01

Do I really need to see the last 6 failed orders for a station trader? No. The answer is no. This is UI bloat. Automatically delete these over time.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: Failed orders

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 09:59

Why should there be failed orders in the first place? If a ship can not complete the order given by the station should just move to the next...

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Sat, 2. Oct 21, 11:55

I agree with you both. The only time seeing failed orders could be useful is when a ship isn’t moving or haven’t moved for a long time. But once they’re on their way (which happens in most instances anyway when they get a workable order) the failed orders need clearing.

Moreover, the mechanic treats blacklists/trade rules as failures when in reality they’re exceptions - it’s all quite confusing. To be honest, when this appeared in the 4.10 beta I thought the devs left it on for us to help with bug hunting. I fully expected it to be gone in the public release.

Now, if this mechanic is going to stay, I’d prefer if the failed orders didn’t appear on the map as well as the info screen. The info screen is all that’s needed and only the last two/three failures are necessary, I’d kindly suggest.

Len5

Post by Len5 » Tue, 5. Oct 21, 15:45

It's really annoying. Half of all the subordinates in my game are flying around with failed orders.
When you select a ship you see the orange text on the map below the ship's name and current order. They're still doing the stuff they need to do, but it draws your attention.

Failed order: AutoMine. No matching trade offer found; Failed order: AutoMine. No buyers found in allowed sectors; Failed order: AutoTrade. No trades found in allowed sector; Failed order: Execute trade. Unable to complete trade; Failed orders: Attack. Unable to reach destination.

There are subordinates with 2 and even with 3 failed orders showing on the map. Most failed orders are in the behaviour tab under default behaviour and then failed behaviour. Some are under the order queue and then failed orders. It's useless clutter as it doesn't explain anything and it's distracting and if you want to get rid of it, you'll have to go by every subordinate in the menu and delete the failed orders and behaviour.

Raevyan
x4

Post by Raevyan » Tue, 5. Oct 21, 17:09

Just bring back the info filter options that were removed with 4.10 and add the failed orders as a filter.
Also it’s hilarious if you watch a station trader and it’s failed orders. Seems like they even receive failed orders after each successful trade and trade options available.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 02:32

All I really want to see are failed orders that are currently an issue. I don't care if a trader had an issue hours ago but has since resolved it and is working fine.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Imperial Good » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 08:33

Might be a good idea if failed orders for subordinates were logged at their commanding station with more detail. For example "subordinate X failed to sell Y to station Z because the station was destroyed".

Failed orders only really need to be logged at the ship for ships that are microed by the player. For example knowing that a trade you explicitly ordered failed is useful as you might need to take action to it. Knowing that one of the thousands of trades per hour that your stations do one ship failed is not at all important and might only be useful if you can see a trend among the hundreds of subordinates stations might have.

Mistle

Post by Mistle » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 12:54

I also thought that was something related to beta. Didn't think that it will be moved to retail version
When you have hundreds of ships yeah , sure I will check why every ship didn't finnish trade, especially that even if I want I can't because info is very short. :lol:
Just bloatware from Egosoft , only rubbish UI and more scrolling on ship info page , great. :rant:

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 16:42

After thinking on this for a bit I think there are times when seeing the failed orders is useful. I wonder if they could add "save failed behavior report" to the global behaviors panel and also on the ship panel. This way players could disable it globally but still enable it for troubleshooting a specific ship. Having a tab in the master player log specifically for failed orders would be nice as well.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 01:53

Failed Order should be idea let you know it's not working or unable to do and let you detail why it's not working out, so you could fix it, but I think it's should improved in some area rather than removed it.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 20:20

Seems to me like the Auto Trade system is more broken than many have spotted. Some issues i am seeing.

1) They no longer obey sector distance by/sell in auto trade, they seem to just choose any distance for transaction.

2) When you have trade fleet, and you click on leader to change anchor sector, subordinates maintain old anchor. And in some cases just do nothing.

3) This is got to be the worst break to trading for me since this game got released. Even when trader icon in ship list shows its moving and trading, often its been standing still for hours with trades setup in his orders, but never starts the journey. Meaning you can no longer rely on seeing hour glass or searching for trade is problem indicators, now even trading ok symbol not reliable.

At this point i have to say that writing software is a highly intellectual endeavour , say so as software engineer myself.
So that when you consider from the users perspective of modern software that has updates, we the users are getting the short end of the stick.
Cause its now the norm for people to fear updates to any software, cause the new features almost surely come to break what was working.

I say that to say this, in interest of the users, why not stop all work on new features, and instead introduce a window that allows users to store as many version of the game as they have memory for, and they can pick wat version they want to play.

Cause forcing everybody to roll along with new features and bugs is an entirely different game . Not even steam allows you to disable updates totally.
And it all just seems pointless and crazy to me, from a systems perspective, nobody in their right mind designs like this, unless you decided who gets the short stick, in this case the user.

The worst thing that ever happened to software since CD era is updatability of software . When you had to put it out on CD, folks took thier time to test stuff properly before forcing it on others.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 21:59

They are kind of annoying.
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 23:21

Jaskan wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 20:20
The worst thing that ever happened to software since CD era is updatability of software . When you had to put it out on CD, folks took thier time to test stuff properly before forcing it on others.
I'll have to disagree with that. CD era was contemporary with Internet era and updates bringing more bugs than fixes were also rampant. Floppy disk era yes... and having to post floppies all over the world with no charge for updates...

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Sat, 9. Oct 21, 23:37

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 23:21
Jaskan wrote:
I'll have to disagree with that. CD era was contemporary with Internet era and updates bringing more bugs than fixes were also rampant. Floppy disk era yes... and having to post floppies all over the world with no charge for updates...
In any case they have broken trading, and all the new features are useless since the game is now broken

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Sun, 10. Oct 21, 04:52

Another new bug i just spotted with Auto trading is the Fleet leader get stuck with trades setup in his orders but does not move
Guys you need to realise a working game is more useful than new features that cause the game to break.

Buzz2005
x4

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:29

Jaskan wrote:
Seems to me like the Auto Trade system is more broken than many have spotted. Some issues i am seeing.

1) They no longer obey sector distance by/sell in auto trade, they seem to just choose any distance for transaction.

2) When you have trade fleet, and you click on leader to change anchor sector, subordinates maintain old anchor. And in some cases just do nothing.

3) This is got to be the worst break to trading for me since this game got released. Even when trader icon in ship list shows its moving and trading, often its been standing still for hours with trades setup in his orders, but never starts the journey. Meaning you can no longer rely on seeing hour glass or searching for trade is problem indicators, now even trading ok symbol not reliable.

At this point i have to say that writing software is a highly intellectual endeavour , say so as software engineer myself.
So that when you consider from the users perspective of modern software that has updates, we the users are getting the short end of the stick.
Cause its now the norm for people to fear updates to any software, cause the new features almost surely come to break what was working.

I say that to say this, in interest of the users, why not stop all work on new features, and instead introduce a window that allows users to store as many version of the game as they have memory for, and they can pick wat version they want to play.

Cause forcing everybody to roll along with new features and bugs is an entirely different game . Not even steam allows you to disable updates totally.
And it all just seems pointless and crazy to me, from a systems perspective, nobody in their right mind designs like this, unless you decided who gets the short stick, in this case the user.

can you provide vanilla save and make a bug report? this seems like it would be noticed by some already
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Jaskan

Post by Jaskan » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 20:33

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:29
Jaskan wrote:

can you provide vanilla save and make a bug report? this seems like it would be noticed by some already

Partly resolved , I deleted all my extensions forcing them to be updated and the trade issues are gone.

How ever i am still getting message om the screen saying "Alert Flight Assist Disabled" Is permanently on the screen except in map.
Also after about 2hours graphics starts to get fuzzy screwy in sectors , fixed by restart. possibly indicates memory leak.

Other than that having great time , the job done by Egosoft in conjunction with mods is just fantastic .
Not played in over a year , so quite impressed with the egosoft and modder content on steam.

Return to “X4: Foundations”