Failed orders

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Buzz2005
x4

Re: Failed orders

Post by Buzz2005 » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:29

Jaskan wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 20:20
Seems to me like the Auto Trade system is more broken than many have spotted. Some issues i am seeing.

1) They no longer obey sector distance by/sell in auto trade, they seem to just choose any distance for transaction.

2) When you have trade fleet, and you click on leader to change anchor sector, subordinates maintain old anchor. And in some cases just do nothing.

3) This is got to be the worst break to trading for me since this game got released. Even when trader icon in ship list shows its moving and trading, often its been standing still for hours with trades setup in his orders, but never starts the journey. Meaning you can no longer rely on seeing hour glass or searching for trade is problem indicators, now even trading ok symbol not reliable.

At this point i have to say that writing software is a highly intellectual endeavour , say so as software engineer myself.
So that when you consider from the users perspective of modern software that has updates, we the users are getting the short end of the stick.
Cause its now the norm for people to fear updates to any software, cause the new features almost surely come to break what was working.

I say that to say this, in interest of the users, why not stop all work on new features, and instead introduce a window that allows users to store as many version of the game as they have memory for, and they can pick wat version they want to play.

Cause forcing everybody to roll along with new features and bugs is an entirely different game . Not even steam allows you to disable updates totally.
And it all just seems pointless and crazy to me, from a systems perspective, nobody in their right mind designs like this, unless you decided who gets the short stick, in this case the user.

The worst thing that ever happened to software since CD era is updatability of software . When you had to put it out on CD, folks took thier time to test stuff properly before forcing it on others.
can you provide vanilla save and make a bug report? this seems like it would be noticed by some already
Fixed ships getting spawned away from ship configuration menu at resupply ships from automatically getting deployables.

Jaskan

Re: Failed orders

Post by Jaskan » Mon, 11. Oct 21, 20:33

Buzz2005 wrote:
Mon, 11. Oct 21, 16:29
Jaskan wrote:
Sat, 9. Oct 21, 20:20
Seems to me like the Auto Trade system is more broken than many have spotted. Some issues i am seeing.

1) They no longer obey sector distance by/sell in auto trade, they seem to just choose any distance for transaction.

2) When you have trade fleet, and you click on leader to change anchor sector, subordinates maintain old anchor. And in some cases just do nothing.

3) This is got to be the worst break to trading for me since this game got released. Even when trader icon in ship list shows its moving and trading, often its been standing still for hours with trades setup in his orders, but never starts the journey. Meaning you can no longer rely on seeing hour glass or searching for trade is problem indicators, now even trading ok symbol not reliable.

At this point i have to say that writing software is a highly intellectual endeavour , say so as software engineer myself.
So that when you consider from the users perspective of modern software that has updates, we the users are getting the short end of the stick.
Cause its now the norm for people to fear updates to any software, cause the new features almost surely come to break what was working.

I say that to say this, in interest of the users, why not stop all work on new features, and instead introduce a window that allows users to store as many version of the game as they have memory for, and they can pick wat version they want to play.

Cause forcing everybody to roll along with new features and bugs is an entirely different game . Not even steam allows you to disable updates totally.
And it all just seems pointless and crazy to me, from a systems perspective, nobody in their right mind designs like this, unless you decided who gets the short stick, in this case the user.

The worst thing that ever happened to software since CD era is updatability of software . When you had to put it out on CD, folks took thier time to test stuff properly before forcing it on others.
can you provide vanilla save and make a bug report? this seems like it would be noticed by some already

Partly resolved , I deleted all my extensions forcing them to be updated and the trade issues are gone.

How ever i am still getting message om the screen saying "Alert Flight Assist Disabled" Is permanently on the screen except in map.
Also after about 2hours graphics starts to get fuzzy screwy in sectors , fixed by restart. possibly indicates memory leak.

Other than that having great time , the job done by Egosoft in conjunction with mods is just fantastic .
Not played in over a year , so quite impressed with the egosoft and modder content on steam.

Return to “X4: Foundations”