White vertical lines on ship stat graphs? - (Affected by 3rd party mods)

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kmunoz
x4

White vertical lines on ship stat graphs? - (Affected by 3rd party mods)

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:41

You'd think after 750 hours I would know the answer to this, but since I don't optimize my fleets at all, I've never paid much attention to the blue/green/red graph bars when buying ships. I understand what the color distinctions are, but I can't figure out what the white vertical lines represent. For most of the bars, they're at the far right side. But for some, they're a bit to the left of that. What do those lines represent, either conceptually or numerically?
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

peteran
x4

Re: White vertical lines on ship stat graphs?

Post by peteran » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 11:20

I assume you're referring to the bars shown when refitting a ship.

It should be pretty self-explanatory and essentially to read the bar graph quickly:
  • Red = Lower stats with replaced part than the initial
  • Green = Higher

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 12:31

I think the OP means the right hand vertical lines when buying a new ship rather than the colour bars aspect (that they said they understood).

I think they may represent some notion of the best you can possibly achieve in that aspect with that ship type with all choices of components (and maybe in-game mods ?) and the ship loading condition all optimised for that performance aspect. That could well be total rubbish too. :D

I don't think its a comparison with the best performance of any other ship type of that class, but you never know.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 18:29

I read the OP twice before replying and still misunderstood the question.

For a freighter, the Incarcatura Sentinel has the highest cargo capacity at 54 000.

The Minotaur (a M sized gunboat) doesn't have any S docks, but there are M sized ships with S docks.

My Katana that has got some good modifications installed is getting close to the maximum on speed.

So it seems to be the maximum value that can be reached with the best modifications.

I'm past 1700 hours in X4 and many more on forum and discord (although my game is usually running at the same time). I hadn't reflected on those white bars and see how they are useful.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 18:41

Hm. I'll have to check to see if this is coming from one or more of the mods I have loaded. People responding are implying that the white vertical bars are EITHER on the far left (minimum), OR on the far right (maximum), but NEVER somewhere in between.

But I'm seeing this:

What's going on with Countermeasures?

I have three saves running, one with VRO, one with SWI and one that's got mods but nothing impacting ship values (a "vanilla plus" save, if you will). And I'm seeing this on all three saves - not just with countermeasures, but with other stats as well, across multiple ships of different sizes.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 19:08

Correction! I was wrong about the "vanilla plus" save. The white vertical line indicates maximum there, always.

So! It looks like the issue is that ship-modifying mods (not in-game mods, I mean mods that go in extensions) don't alter the game's set "maximum" line, even if the values can exceed it.

I wonder if that's an issue with the mods themselves, or that the vertical line is hard wired.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: White vertical lines on ship stat graphs? - (Affected by 3rd party mods)

Post by CBJ » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 19:31

It's not "hard-wired", but for performance reasons it is pre-calculated based on the full set of ships in the standard game. Mods can update those pre-calculated values, and if they don't do so, you'll see the result you're seeing.

Return to “X4: Foundations”