[Request] Terraforming - Better crew managment/assigning/deassigning crew

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Old Drullo321
x4

[Request] Terraforming - Better crew managment/assigning/deassigning crew

Post by Old Drullo321 » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 23:23

While I love the new Terraforming, especially the possibilites to train marines and pilots, the actual management of them is cumbersome. I don't request any balance changes, just some improvements to actuall put them onto the HQ and manage them.

Currently, Mass Training workflow is quite ok, you put people via Crew Transfer into the HQ and just let them train. However individual training needs improvements:

* You call a crewmen and let him work at this special slot. That is fine
* There is no easy way to remove someone from this spot. You are forced to assign them to a role like manager, captain, ship builder. I just want to simply but them back to the HQ as crewmen or passager and store them there. The current workarround is not immersive. You need a ship with high crew limit and just a basic pilot. Then each time you want someone out of individual training, you assign him as a captain of this workarround ship...
* Additionally there is no easy way to just replace this spot with someone else. I should be able to just "override" the current spot with someone else (as long as the mission is not running) and just put the individual as passenger in the HQ (when there is space ofcoruse)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: [Request] Terraforming - Better crew managment/assigning/deassigning crew

Post by GCU Grey Area » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 00:40

Old Drullo321 wrote:
Sun, 26. Sep 21, 23:23
You need a ship with high crew limit and just a basic pilot. Then each time you want someone out of individual training, you assign him as a captain of this workarround ship...
I generally use marine as a temporary assignment for trained pilots before they're given a ship of their own. It's a lot quicker to do a mass transfer of 100 marines than to individually transfer them as captains. Incidentally, I use the marine assignment for this simply to differentiate them from any service crew that might be on the same ship.

mr.WHO
x4

Re: [Request] Terraforming - Better crew managment/assigning/deassigning crew

Post by mr.WHO » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 13:23

I desperately need mass "swap for better captain/pilot" option for HQ.

It would work like that:
- you mass train pilots in HQ.
- you select like 20 fighters.
- right-click on HQ.
- pick "swap for better pilot/captain".
- selected ships go to HQ, check if better pilot is avaliable and swap it.

WHy would I want to train 100 new pilots at HQ, but then have to manually swap them one by one?

Return to “X4: Foundations”