Is OOS capital ship combat broken?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xkuka
x4

Re: Is OOS capital ship combat broken?

Post by Xkuka » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 01:24

I get totally different results here (4.1). One Rattlesnake, even with Laser setup, originally employed to kill S/M, makes short work of a K OOS... in sector Rattlesnakes do not survive very well or make any meaningfull damage if a K gets its guns to work. Got a group of 5 Snakes for special tasks, and i am anxious attending them in sector fighting big Xenons. OOS, not a big deal. They spin around like crazy and exchange some rng dices. Mine seem to be rigged...
So i think its broken too, but different... :D
***Never not modified***
Specs: I9 9900k, 32GB DDR4, ASUS RTX2060 12GB, Sys drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Games drive: 1TB Nvme SSD, Win10 pro 21H2

jlehtone
x4

Re: Is OOS capital ship combat broken?

Post by jlehtone » Mon, 29. Nov 21, 13:31

Ragnos28 wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 20:28
Kapakio wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 19:14
jlehtone wrote:
Sat, 27. Nov 21, 13:54
Are you still talking about 4.10?
Why shouldn't I? It's the last released version.
Because 4.2 is in beta atm and one of the aim of it is to improve the OOS calculations as in increasing the Xenon I OOS effectiveness, while making sure the Asgard is not absurdly invincible OOS.
Of course we should talk about the released version, but lately there have been a lot of talk about beta (like every time there is a beta).

There has also been a lot about 4.1 OOS being less effective. Particularly the Xenon are said to suffer (even when TER Asgard does not stomp them). Your experiences with XEN I are thus "outlier" for 4.1, (but would be in line what is said about 4.2 beta).

If your XEN I is lethal in 4.1, and 4.2 "improves" that, then many of us will be very envious that you have so much fun. :roll:
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Return to “X4: Foundations”