Feature (Debt) suggestion for the custom starts to make challenging runs

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

are you with or against having debt as an option in the custom starts ?

(With) having debt in custom game starts should be an option.
48%
(Against) having debt as an option in custom game starts is more trouble than it is worth.
35%
(No opinion) I don't care about debt as an option.
17%

Total votes: 23

Roeleveld
x4

Re: Feature (Debt) suggestion for the custom starts to make challenging runs

Post by Roeleveld » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 18:10

I would love this as an option and would definitely try this, making custom starts actually interesting beyond "skipping" the beginning of the game.

I would love to hear from the devs on how much work it would be to implement something like this.

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 06:18

I think it is interesting, would be a fun challenge. Doubt the devs will do it though sadly.

Kajar
x4

Post by Kajar » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 08:36

Well, they DID spend a giant pile of resources to create the terraforming system. Now, 6 months after its release, only 0.1% of the player base have completed the terraforming. Only 1.4% have done their first terraforming project. According to Steam. That is a whole lot of work they put in for very few people.
We also got the HQ plot from X3TC as an example. Egosoft is definitely willing to create difficult scenarios for their more experienced players, even if they are small in numbers.
Maybe in the end they just bring back some of the debt-starts from X3 and you get a special modded ship if you manage to beat it.
Overall i think an update that adds some special challenge-starts might be nice to make the more experienced players think outside of the box. Right now X4 is just too easy for me and i am in an " You win " state within 10 hours.
I mean, i even did the spacsuit-only start in X3FL and it turned out much less difficult than i expected.

Return to “X4: Foundations”