The Spacefly Bug / Exploit

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kmunoz
x4

Re: The Spacefly Bug / Exploit

Post by kmunoz » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 18:30

Now that we have the ability to create a non-budgeted custom start with no cap on starting money, the "threat" of early game exploits is much lower.

I agree that it's weird that spaceflies are so abundant, and that the police aren't cracking down in places where they can be found in quantity. I think the former could probably use some attention from a dev who has literally nothing else to do with his time (because the priority on this is well below "none"), but the latter is probably something we'll just need to live with. We shouldn't expect a police AI that handles the nuances of supply, demand, border control and enforcement priority.

If you want to start with a lot of money, custom start.

If you want to start with no money and then get a lot of money by cheesing the spaceflies... well, that actually takes longer than a custom start, so... why are you doing that? But ok. Go for it. It's now the *slow* way to your first millions.

(Insert pretty much any early game exploit in place of "spaceflies." The custom start exists. Everything else takes longer.)
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

IRONOX
x4

Post by IRONOX » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 21:31

I know there are people playing this game that want to spent 10 hours to get a single credit earned, but calling this an exploit or bug is so far fetched.
Alle Angaben mit Gewähr auf eventuelle Fehlerhaftigkeit!

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 23:20

IRONOX wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 21:31
I know there are people playing this game that want to spent 10 hours to get a single credit earned, but calling this an exploit or bug is so far fetched.
Amen.
Poacher886 wrote:
Sat, 25. Sep 21, 09:19
I used to think Crystal mining was a early game runiner and exploit (it still is)
Poacher886 how YOUR game is ruined if I do Crystal mining in my game?
Karmaticdamage wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 17:38
The real early game ruiner is immediately capping and selling the abandoned oddy in faulty logic. Instant 5-10mil, get several sector miners going immediately. On top of that, you can get 250-500k credits from each data vault opened. I don't even bother with crystal mining anymore.
Karmaticdamage how YOUR game is ruined if I pick the Ody in my game?

To both. If you want

DO NOT mine crystals
DO NOT collect eggs
DO NOT collect the vaults
DO NOT collect the Ody or the other abandoned ships
DO NOT do the war missions for the L miners as rewards.

Why you want to remove this options for me and everone else? This is not a competition or an online game to affect you.
This is an OFF LINE SINGLE PLAYER GAME and my game doesn't affect yours. If it does tell me how.

Changes in the game affect everyone. Good example the mining nerfing leading to total collapse of factions (XEN, ANT, ARG) with the smallest push. Why?
Dozens of parameters which none of you have looked as whole how might affect the economy or simulator.

Stop wanting to ruin MY game.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Tue, 28. Sep 21, 23:33

IRONOX wrote:
Agreed. It seems like doing anything other than soloing Xenon I's with your spacesuit laser is the only non-exploit.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 00:01

builder680 wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 23:33
IRONOX wrote:
Agreed. It seems like doing anything other than soloing Xenon I's with your spacesuit laser is the only non-exploit.
Personally I am baffled how their games are ruined if I pick the Odysseus or crystals or eggs! :gruebel:

:lol:

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 07:56

If you sit in a section of space, or stand on a station, yes... you can pick up space eggs as they drop.

Picking up space eggs this way is like mining for crystals. Supremely boring...

Have at it.... ill just play the game the way I enjoy it.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 10:58

Please debate the topic and not other posters. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”