Removed from 'The Spacefly Bug / Exploit'

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

sh4l0m

Removed from 'The Spacefly Bug / Exploit'

Post by sh4l0m » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 11:30

Homosexuality was illegal and punished, then still illegal but hardly anybody cared, then apparently 70% of ppl were benders.

Usury was illegal and punished, then still illegal but only debtors cared, then apparently 70% of ppl were lenders.

Benders/lenders, yay me.

Aside from those examples of issues that are important to a society 'one minute' not the next, it kinda makes sense that after a period of diminished exploration and indeed diminished general activity in space - in some sectors, that the local fauna would proliferate if they don't live on exhaust fumes.

I can say with confidence that there are easier ways to make credits without getting shot at or risking negrep tho, so from an 'exploit' pov it's kinda moot.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: The Spacefly Bug / Exploit

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 14:22

@ sh4l0m: Please don't bring your personal agendas into discussions of gameplay. Stay on topic please.

@ all: Please don't rise to the bait and follow up by going further with off topic debates.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 14:32

But 9/11 was an inside job!

sh4l0m

Post by sh4l0m » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 14:38

Alan Phipps wrote:
Sun, 26. Sep 21, 14:22
@ sh4l0m: Please don't bring your personal agendas into discussions of gameplay. Stay on topic please.

@ all: Please don't rise to the bait and follow up by going further with off topic debates.

The point was that spacefly collecting is illegal in a society but that enforcement of it is reportedly laxer than it was 'historically,' it wasn't any personal agenda other than to use real world analogy to demonstrate the logic of a situation in a fictional setting. !I explicitly stated that in the post! It's fine though, I can **** off, apparently reading comprehension is beyond teh mod & teh poster. Just, wow tho.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 14:43

@ sh4l0m: Since your reading comprehension does not extend to the forum rules, I think you will indeed be saying goodbye.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 04:06

Panos wrote:
Wed, 29. Sep 21, 00:01
builder680 wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 23:33
IRONOX wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 21:31
I know there are people playing this game that want to spent 10 hours to get a single credit earned, but calling this an exploit or bug is so far fetched.
Agreed. It seems like doing anything other than soloing Xenon I's with your spacesuit laser is the only non-exploit.
Personally I am baffled how their games are ruined if I pick the Odysseus or crystals or eggs! :gruebel:

:lol:
You jumped the gun and made a whole lotta assumptions. You know what they say about what not to make of yourself and umption right? Play how you want, I never said I cared. One guy said one thing was op and broken, so I presented something that he would find even more op and broken. You took a post on a forum about a single player video game seriously.

Panos
x4

Post by Panos » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 09:16

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Wed, 29. Sep 21, 04:06
Panos wrote:
builder680 wrote:
Tue, 28. Sep 21, 23:33

Agreed. It seems like doing anything other than soloing Xenon I's with your spacesuit laser is the only non-exploit.
Personally I am baffled how their games are ruined if I pick the Odysseus or crystals or eggs! :gruebel:

You jumped the gun and made a whole lotta assumptions. You know what they say about what not to make of yourself and umption right? Play how you want, I never said I cared. One guy said one thing was op and broken, so I presented something that he would find even more op and broken. You took a post on a forum about a single player video game seriously.

Yes you did care.

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=442245&start=15#p5082240

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 14:55

Panos wrote:
Wed, 29. Sep 21, 09:16
Karmaticdamage wrote:
Wed, 29. Sep 21, 04:06
Panos wrote:

Yes you did care.

viewtopic.php?f=146&t=442245&start=15#p5082240
No I didn't. I too can provide zero context to a reply. I'll go ahead and advocate for the return of the exploit that lets you see where every station is through the plot interface. Or let me tell you about how you can really skip the early game completely and start capping destroyers within your first hour. Go to sca main base after selling the free oddy, if you stay docked for a few minutes you will start hearing the locals talking to someone that isn't there. This person will usually have a very high skill in something, sometimes boarding. Hire them, undock, and repeat.
Heres the big money exploit, Set your wharf/shipyard to not allow AI factions to order ships. Instead build the ships and sell them yourself to the empire's wharf/shipyard. You will get way more money then if you let them order and pay from your wharf/shipyard. I have poisoned everyone's ears with these exploits, you can never unhear them now.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Removed from 'The Spacefly Bug / Exploit'

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 16:17

Despite repeated moderator requests, the off topic and personal arguments continued. Hence the split and lock.

Return to “X4: Foundations”