Moreya - best loadout

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Sirus5
x4

Moreya - best loadout

Post by Sirus5 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 11:08

Young Gun Start -
about 20 hours in - several Nodans
Used Nodans to capture several Minotaur Raiders.
Got the Grometric Owl - which has 2 Burst Ray and 2 Beam Emitter....

Ran into a Minotaur Raider in my Nodan which had some beam weapons which melted my Nodan shields
So - I thought I Would get the Moreya (Geometric OWl) and have a try...

Wondered what weapons everyone would suggest for this and other work on the Moreya

Thanks

alt3rn1ty
x4

Re: Moreya - best loadout

Post by alt3rn1ty » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 13:08

If you are talking just about the Geometric Owl, I would recommend keeping the weapons it has already for one reason
There is a storyline mission to do with the Yaki, if you take the right options, you will have to stop a very experienced pilot friend reaching somewhere .. Thats all I will say. Thing is you are quite a distance away, he is very fast using travel drive through gates on his route and you need to stop him in his tracks before you battle with him (in a better equipped ship you can teleport to after you stop him)
So you need to be fast to intercept him, and have a weapon that is very accurate to hit him (just one shot to bring him out of travel drive) before he zooms past you and through the next gate = Mission fail.
And save before you attempt this mission if you want to keep that Geometric Owl, the ship he is in is quite something to battle with (hence why I mention having something else a bit beefier to teleport to once your Geometric Owl has made him come out of Travel drive).

Eventually if you get enough rep with the Yaki and their Blueprints for Moreya's which are the same ship minus the special ability you can do what the heck you want with those, but prior to the one particular mission I mentioned I would recommend keeping the weapons the Owl comes with, afterwards :

Maybe Terran Pulse on all four slots seems good to me for a personal fighter. Modded (in game mods), this ship with a 4+ Star NPC Pilot (plus exceptional mods giving very good recharge rate on shields) is also pretty good at taking on a few Khaak on its own, better in the players hands obviously. I just keep it as a personal fighter because its cool and I dont want to lose it :)

NB: I didn't get chance to play with the Geometric Owls default weapon loadout, because I made a mistake in changing them to my own preference too early (the battle I had on that mission turned out to be a combination of reloading a lot and quite a bit of luck to hit him, plus having a heavily modded Nemesis pre-positioned to teleport to) .. So maybe the default loadout has its merits in the rest of the game when the ship is also modded).
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 23:38

Terran Mk2 pulse lasers with slasher mod. Terran combat mk3 engines with drag and forward thrust mods. Teladi mk3 shield with shield hp mod.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 08:05

That is odd, I got Geometric Owl and keep it, but I had never got mission to stop or intercept, I recall it's from mission for project genesis, where you had to travel into earth, torus station become enemies after quest is done, but already allied with terran due my terran cabet gamestart.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

EGO_Aut
x4

Post by EGO_Aut » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 09:59

Moreya is nice for Missions and as interceptors for carrier fleets, but i like Ares more for fighting and heavy modded as player ship.

Best loadout?
I like:

TER Pulse Laser - fastest v0
TEL Shields - most HP, S shields have all a fast reload unlike M
SPL Engines Mk4 - fastest vmax, with mods more than enough boost for emergency situations.
Last edited by EGO_Aut on Sun, 26. Sep 21, 06:58, edited 1 time in total.

alt3rn1ty
x4

Post by alt3rn1ty » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 11:05

alt3rn1ty wrote:
Fri, 24. Sep 21, 13:08
~ Maybe Terran Pulse on all four slots seems good to me for a personal fighter. Modded (in game mods), this ship with a 4+ Star NPC Pilot (plus exceptional mods giving very good recharge rate on shields) is also pretty good at taking on a few Khaak on its own, better in the players hands obviously. ~
Forgot to mention the mods I use, agree with Ego_aut for Ter Pulse, Tel (or Ter) Shields and Split Combat MK4 for engines plus ..

Slasher, on all 4 Pulse, trying for max damage and least negative effects (though the negative effects of Slasher are not so important if you do fast attack runs and boost away before the next attack run, but the less the better)

Slingshot, for Split Combat Mk4 Engines, the boosts affecting just about all aspects of the ships performance are great

Nanotube, for less Mass and Drag complements Slingshot very nicely

Targe, Shield capacity boost, not so much as others which are available .. but the bonus effects of Recharge Rate and Recharge Delay are great when doing fast attack runs and boosting away, boosting takes your shields (plus any lucky hits the enemy gets on you), so having your shields fully replenished fast before you turn for your next attack run is superb. This also works well for high rank AI NPC Pilots of the same ship, who tend to do attack / boost away / attack, all the time.

I have seen a 4 Star + AI Pilot on a Moreya (kitted out as above), attacking five Kha'ak bugging my miners .. and win picking them all off one by one, quite a few times. The Moreya in AI hands can get in trouble though if 2-3 Kha'ak all swing their sites on your Moreya at once. In players hands they don't stand a chance :)
Laptop Dell G15 5510 : Win 11 x64
CPU - 10th Gen' Core I7 10870H 2.2-5.0ghz, GPU - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060, VRAM 6gb GDDR5,
RAM - 32gb (2x16gb, Dual Channel mode set in BIOS) DDR4 2933mhz Kingston Fury Impact,
SSD - Kioxia M.2 NVME 512gb (System), + Samsung M.2 NVME 970 Evo Plus 1tb (Games)

:boron: Long live Queen Polypheides and may her tentacles always be supple.
Seeker of Sohnen.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 15:18

On fighters, shield recharge and delay do not matter. Every time you are hit or you press boost button, the recharge delay is reset. Therefore shield hp has far greater stat value. That is why I use teladi mk3 shield for its tiny little bitty extra shield hp over terran mk3 despite the fact that terran have much better recharge and a shorter delay. For shield mod I use the 70% shield hp exceptional mod to push shield hp as hard as possible, or the 20% buckler if i'm on a mod budget. Terran combat mk3 vs split mk4 engines is a preference. Terran engines are better for exploring and flying around because of their near instant acceleration into travel drive. Split mk4 would be better for fighting, but the moreya is a scout and their are better fighters for brawling.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 15:48

For me the best loadout for a Moreya is:

ARG MK3 Combat Engine
PAR MK3 Shield
S MK3 Combat Thrusters
Bolt Repeater MK2 Guns

It will give the Moreya the superior Travel Drive Speed, 2nd best Boosting and 2nd best Speed (still the fastest one around. The PAR shields will give the fastest reload and the 4 Bolt Repeaters can "chew" even XL shields...

As for the mission far in the future, why would I ever want to shoot at a friend? I choose to get my "free" Syn and obliterate that Xenon installation getting the bucketload of purple mod parts from the Yaki and that exceptional ship of my friend's along with him (a level 4+ pilot), not to mention rep 25 with the Yaki, so I can get their blueprints...

gorgofdoom
x4

Post by gorgofdoom » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 01:06

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 25. Sep 21, 15:48
For me the best loadout for a Moreya is:

ARG MK3 Combat Engine
PAR MK3 Shield
S MK3 Combat Thrusters
Bolt Repeater MK2 Guns

It will give the Moreya the superior Travel Drive Speed, 2nd best Boosting and 2nd best Speed (still the fastest one around. The PAR shields will give the fastest reload and the 4 Bolt Repeaters can "chew" even XL shields...

As for the mission far in the future, why would I ever want to shoot at a friend? I choose to get my "free" Syn and obliterate that Xenon installation getting the bucketload of purple mod parts from the Yaki and that exceptional ship of my friend's along with him (a level 4+ pilot), not to mention rep 25 with the Yaki, so I can get their blueprints...
Because sicking all the Xenon on the Terrans will somewhat destabilize the rest of the universe, providing opportunities to make a lot of money....

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 08:33

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 25. Sep 21, 15:48
not to mention rep 25 with the Yaki, so I can get their blueprints...
And also for them not attacking your own ships anymore.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 13:22

grapedog wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 08:33
That's the bad side of this coin... No more Moreyas and Kuraokamis to make them bail and claim...

grapedog
x4

Post by grapedog » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 13:27

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 13:22
grapedog wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 08:33
That's the bad side of this coin... No more Moreyas and Kuraokamis to make them bail and claim...
But you can just build em, and not ever worry about piracy from them again.... ill take that over capping the oddball moreya or kuraokami.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Mon, 27. Sep 21, 23:42

grapedog wrote:
Mon, 27. Sep 21, 13:27

But you can just build em, and not ever worry about piracy from them again.... ill take that over capping the oddball moreya or kuraokami.
Nahhhh, just need 3 Moreyas, one for me and two to scout systems fast. The Geometric Owl is definitely one of them, along with the one from the Yaki Plot (I'm not into handing it over to the Terrans for a paltry Katana), which leaves one to be captured. They are used as fast scouts. As for the Kuraokamis, the one I get with my 4 star former partner as a pilot is enough... all the rest become money....

Return to “X4: Foundations”