[1449]Terran Mission (bonus ship and veteran commander) and others - No Captain received.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

steph_m37
x4

[1449]Terran Mission (bonus ship and veteran commander) and others - No Captain received.

Post by steph_m37 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 07:58

hi !

I do Terran missions which give bonuses such as: Hokkaido Freighter and ware and veteran commander

But when the mission is over and successful, i have a new Hokkaido but without a commander! it is however well indicated that one gains a commander (veteran).

I tried to find info with search without result! the search in french doesn't give anything either.

I looked in the crew of the new Hokkaido obtained, and I can't find this veteran level in the list.

No longer on my page of all my commanders, pilots etc.

On the new Hokkaido I use the option to put the best crew member as commander (pilot).

I wanted to know if this was a bug or if we had to go get the new commander somewhere.

Steph.
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Vili
x4

Re: Terran Mission (bonus ship and veteran commander)

Post by Vili » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 09:03

Same here.

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 10:25

That sounds like a bug. Do you have a save you can provide, preferably just before completing the mission?

Zloth2
x4

Mining Ship Reward has no Captain?

Post by Zloth2 » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 02:38

There seems to be a bug that causes some of my reward mining ships (the ones with 2500 nividium) to appear with no captain. I haven't been able to catch the bug, though! Both times I've seen it, I left the ship where it spawned for quite some time (i.e. too many saves ago).

Has anyone else been seeing this? Has the bug existed for a long while?
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Panos
x4

Re: Mining Ship Reward has no Captain?

Post by Panos » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 03:21

Zloth2 wrote:
Thu, 7. Oct 21, 02:38
There seems to be a bug that causes some of my reward mining ships (the ones with 2500 nividium) to appear with no captain. I haven't been able to catch the bug, though! Both times I've seen it, I left the ship where it spawned for quite some time (i.e. too many saves ago).

Has anyone else been seeing this? Has the bug existed for a long while?
Do you use any mods? Because I have atm around 35 of them with game started at 4.10 and all of them had full crew also (a mix of marines and service).
And only HOP but ARG too.

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 06:41

Nope, no mods at all. These are the military missions that have a mining ship as a reward. They are supposed to have a veteran pilot. A Paranid ship came up that way for me in beta, and one did yesterday from the Terrans. I've had them work fine, too, so this doesn't happen every time.
timid." ---- Q

xant
x4

Post by xant » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 10:13

Does the pilot disappear, or is he just demoted to service crew when the ship changes ownership? When you click on "Promote best crewmember to pilot", do you get an experienced pilot?

steph_m37
x4

Post by steph_m37 » Thu, 7. Oct 21, 19:31

hi !
with a little delay I apologize, yes i just have a new mission with this Hokkaido and veteran pilot!
I will relaunch the game checked and posted the sav.
thk.

EDIT :
LINK to the save (file sharing by OneDrive )
Game Not modified (french) 4.10 (legacy) steam, no bug no CTD no Graphic problem, just missing Veteran commander in previous mission.
In this save the same type mission (give Hokkaido + veteran pilote or commander) started and not finished yet!

Steph
- ROG STRIX Z390 I9-9900k- ROG STRIX White OC 24 GB RTX 3090 - 64 GB DDR 3600  -  SSD Nvme  1to, SSD EVOplus NVme 2T, DD 3To - SoundBlaster AE-9 - Monitor ASUS Swift PG32UQX & Alienware AW2721D - AIO Corsair H100i PRO - WARTHOG + T-RUDDER + MFD WINWING

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 00:03

Didn't try that, @xant. It looks to me like the ship is created out of thin vacuum.

Looks like there is an existing topic, though: <Threads merged. Alan Phipps>
timid." ---- Q

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 00:06

I've had the same problem. I've seen it with a Terran ship and a Paranid, but I've also seen it work fine sometimes.
timid." ---- Q

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Terran Mission (bonus ship and veteran commander) and others - No Captain received.

Post by Alan Phipps » Fri, 8. Oct 21, 10:56

Threads merged. Also see this 4.00 thread.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”