Curiasety queston about the Gates :d

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Staur106
x4

Curiasety queston about the Gates :d

Post by Staur106 » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 22:56

Hello i havent playd the older x games but i have allways bin wondering who or what facton made the Space Gates all over? i know Terran made some of therese :)

jlehtone
x4

Re: Curiasety queston about the Gates :d

Post by jlehtone » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 23:39

The Ancients. While not physically present, they are suspected to shut down, restart, and rearrange the Gate connections to keep factions alive.

Paranid were involved in construction of a Gate that reconnected Terra to X-Universe (during X3 Reunion).
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 00:13

jlehtone wrote:
Tue, 21. Sep 21, 23:39
The Ancients. While not physically present, they are suspected to shut down, restart, and rearrange the Gate connections to keep factions alive.

Paranid were involved in construction of a Gate that reconnected Terra to X-Universe (during X3 Reunion).
i see have these ancients bin seen in any of the games? :p

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 15:56

No, but in Julian Gardna's story there was a glimpse of an "alien" ship that supposedly was manned by android(?) errand boys that work for Ancients.
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 18:14

jlehtone wrote:
Wed, 22. Sep 21, 15:56
No, but in Julian Gardna's story there was a glimpse of an "alien" ship that supposedly was manned by android(?) errand boys that work for Ancients.
i see intresting, i hope Egosoft gives use some more informason about them in the future i'm really curious about them :)

Ezarkal
x4

Post by Ezarkal » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 18:39

You could see flying saucers in the previous titles, although that is probably more of an easter egg than something ancient-related.
I saw no reports of them in X4 so far, though.
Humans are deuterostomes, which means that when they develop in the womb the first opening they develop is the anus.
This means that at one point you were nothing but an asshole.

Some people never develop beyond this stage.

Sao t'Lp
x4

Post by Sao t'Lp » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 20:56

There's also the X novels by Helge T. Kautz where there's more information about the ancients. Can't remember in which part though. :oops:
You want Split? :split:

Teladi CEO

Post by Teladi CEO » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 21:49

Sao t'Lp wrote:
Wed, 22. Sep 21, 20:56
There's also the X novels by Helge T. Kautz where there's more information about the ancients. Can't remember in which part though. :oops:
Most of the information about the Ancients are in Farnhams legend in which it is revealed
Spoiler
Show
that the ancients use the Sohjen, a robotic squid like race to influence the galaxy. The sojhen (might) apparently look similar to the Xenon because Nopilious (a teladi) thought that it was a xenon upon his first encounter with them. Even more interesting is if I remember correctly Nopilious described there ship very similarly to a Xenon cpu ship. The Sohjen do directly influence the galaxy by repairing disabled jump gates, saving the Xenon from extinction and rescuing Yoshiko from a slow death. A question I have however is if they participated in the Commonwealth battle against the Khaak in Heretics end, because by the sounds of it Yoshiko entering the system with their help sounded more like a explosion in space than a graceful event.
We don’t know what paradise is like, but probably it’s blue magenta, flecked with pink. But even if it’s green and red-checked we should make the most of it. -Boron saying

Return to “X4: Foundations”