Plasma turrets missing station

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

Plasma turrets missing station

Post by builder680 » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 21:59

My turrets can't hit a 15 kilometer long Kha'ak installation. They aim for the very edge of the thinnest part they can see and miss. If I try to get to point blank range, they pick something else to shoot at. This is some nonsense. What the hell, Egosoft?

eta: they're set to attack capitals, or they get stuck sometimes and I have to switch them to attack my target to get them to work. also some nonsense.

LameFox
x4

Re: Plasma turrets missing station

Post by LameFox » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 08:18

Yeah they are already not good at targeting complex things and kha'ak stations are the absolute worst example because of all the weird shapes. I believe they pick a point that is a sort of average middle of a segment's geometry and so from many angles this means shooting clear into space. What I have done personally is clear the turrets on the station, park my destroyer in an angle where its turrets hit the segment they have chosen (sadly which they choose seems pretty random), set a decent M ship to defend me from the spawning ships, and turn on SETA til that part dies. It takes a long time and Egosoft should really look into fixing it but at least the workaround is pretty hands-off, you only need to adjust your ship each time a segment explodes.
***modified***

Return to “X4: Foundations”