Why dose it say moded.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Why dose it say moded.

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:26

No, that's the Budgeted Custom gamestart.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:32

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:26
No, that's the Budgeted Custom gamestart.
Okei then there is something goin on for sure :p. Made Fresh start yesterday becouse i relised that steam workshop thing was on for some resion dunno why, and i made sure i did not take anything that said moded, and evrything was fine until the game autosaved and then it turned to moded, do you whant a save to check it out?

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:38

If you'd like to upload one somewhere and provide a link, then go ahead. It will at least tell us whether you're doing something that would be expected to mark a save as modified or not. If not, however, then it won't tell us much about why as that's almost always caused by something external to the game.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:44

CBJ wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:38
If you'd like to upload one somewhere and provide a link, then go ahead. It will at least tell us whether you're doing something that would be expected to mark a save as modified or not. If not, however, then it won't tell us much about why as that's almost always caused by something external to the game.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8u73eanmu0c0 ... ml.gz?dl=0

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 22:55

dtpsprt wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 10:34
Have you guys thought that actually starting the Custom Editor not as Budgeted but as Creative it means that the game is moded? Or that even using the Budgeted one there are things in there that can make a game moded, especially where storylines are involved and High Mass Teleportation. I can understand the frustration the player has when offered too little in the Budgeted mode, mainly because the amount in that is dependent in what one has achieved during vanilla games so far.

That said, and for those interested there is a "workaround" for that:
Spoiler
Show
You can always find a "big" vanilla save game with lots of achievements and money, not your own explicitly, if you know (or guess) where to find one. If you load it and save then whatever was in that game counts in your own Budgeted Game Editor
i Rather do it my self, it makes it more exiteing to me wen i start over next time :)

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 07:44

Staur106 wrote:
Tue, 21. Sep 21, 22:55
i Rather do it my self, it makes it more exiteing to me wen i start over next time :)
Yep!!! Did it myself... saw that it worked... started all over from 0 since...

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 03:18

Staur106 wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:44
CBJ wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 19:38

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m8u73eanmu0c0 ... ml.gz?dl=0
Have you guys checked it out, did i do something wrong or is it game Related?

peteran
x4

Post by peteran » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 15:37

I haven't tested your save game, but I did so with one from Imperial Good. A few hours flying around didn't make my game modified and I'm leaning towards it being a driver/firmware or hardware problem that happens to be triggered.

The following was output in -debug all logging at least twice although the file seems to be completely intact and everything works fine upon restarting the game.

Code: Select all

[FileIO ] 265847.13 File I/O: Failed to verify the file signature for file '.\extensions\ego_dlc_terran\assets\textures\environments\planets\jupiter_4k_diffhq.gz' (error: 13)
[General] 265847.13 ======================================
[=ERROR=] 265847.13 CheckGzipHeader() not a gzip source buffer, magic bytes don't match!
[General] 265847.13 ======================================
One thing we tried was comparing the SHA256 for each file and they were identical. At the same time the problem seems to have fixed itself by uninstalling and reinstalling the Terran DLC.

This is a mysterious fault and I would like to go further by checking hardware and drivers in detail, but I assume he's not near me so I can crash his place. :D

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 18:26

jlehtone wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 18:35
Earlier game (X3AP) describes its 'Custom Game' start:
"This starts a ***modified*** game. All storylines are disabled."

'Custom', 'Custom Creative', or 'Custom Game' ... tag should not matter if there is good description.
Wrong. The 'modified' tag, from the very beginning, has meant that non-Egosoft, non-sanctioned modifications or additions have been made to the game, negating the ability for Egosoft to properly troubleshoot problems. The Custom Creative starts were created using the currently vanilla game. However, the 'modified' tag now means that Egosoft can't distinguish between 'Vanilla' Creative starts and external, non-Egosoft modifications to the game. So there's potentially no scenario for Egosoft to troubleshoot issues encountered due to a Creative Custom start, which is part of the vanilla 4.10 game. So tell me again why it "should not matter".

For example, in my current Custom Creative start, I checked the boxes for no linear or ring highways. Yet in the game, the start and end points for many of them exist as artefacts. I haven't reported it as a bug because my game is tagged 'modified' despite having no external mods. :roll:

BTW, I objected to the X3AP Custom Game start as being modified, too, for the very same reasons. There should definitely be a different tag for vanilla custom starts vs actual modified games. Egosoft created it (Creative Custom start) so Egosoft should stand by it and not dismiss it as *modified*.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Fri, 24. Sep 21, 20:23

My mistake. Thought you were objecting the name of the start.

Nevertheless, how does one start a game with modified map? Wasn't that the purpose of "custom" start (at least in earlier games)?
(I don't know. Haven't tried nor looked at instructions.)
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Staur106
x4

Post by Staur106 » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 22:15

i Think i figure it out, I still had the game in Puplic beta, so i chaged it to none and scaned the files on steam no errors, and i Started Fresh and playd that save for about 12 hours and it hasent chaged to moded yet so it is most likely my owne Fault staying in puplic beta, i just wanted to let you guys know :)

Return to “X4: Foundations”