Boarding Help Needed

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bazslaz

Boarding Help Needed

Post by Bazslaz » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 20:53

I am having issues with boarding ships. Right now I am attacking a Zyarath Freighter. I have 3 ships in my fleet with 79 marines.
The Zyarath ship hull is down to 44% All turrets and weapons are destroyed, all shields are destroyed. Let me list the problems in order below,

1. Sometimes the ships in fleet keep attacking the vessel I am trying to take and they blow it up. I have them in my intercept fleet, the only way I have found to stop this is disarm their turrets is there a way to tell them not to attack the ship we are trying to capture?

2. Also my station which is next door keeps launching drones at the ship I am trying to capture and they will blow it up so I have to keep telling the station to recall subs, is there a way to tell the station only use drones to defend?

Any help with this would be great.

Thanks

Raevyan
x4

Re: Boarding Help Needed

Post by Raevyan » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 22:06

1) you can set their role to maintain distance (need to select every ship, initiate boarding and set role for each). This should keep the ships from attacking the target. You‘d still have to set the turrets to either disarm, attack fighters or defend.

2) Don‘t use defense drones on stations or board further away from your station.

Return to “X4: Foundations”