Xenon nerfed to oblivion - Could custom game starts be the answer?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

SpaceCadet11864
x4

Xenon nerfed to oblivion - Could custom game starts be the answer?

Post by SpaceCadet11864 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 23:18

Haven't played in a while and I come back for 4.10 and I find the Xenon have been nerfed to complete oblivion! The Xenon were always way too weak in this game, from day one and with every patch that I've played, and I played 1.00 and pretty much every beta and all the DLCs. I tend to take breaks here and there, so I'm sure I've missed a few, but WOW the Xenon are pitiful now.

I wish I could play a vanilla, non-modded game, that had some stronger Xenon and were an actual threat. I realize some people just want a casual economy simulator, and I dont know maybe that's the majority here - but do you think it could be possible if we had an option in the custom game start to increase the how aggressive the Xenon play? Would this be something that EGOSOFT thinks is worth the development effort or no?

Treycore

Re: Xenon nerfed to oblivion - Could custom game starts be the answer?

Post by Treycore » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 00:12

I definitely want stronger xenon and I know we’re not alone from wanting a stronger galactic threat

Xenon capitals are just way too easy to defang and the S/M ships they field are sub-par to the empires

I’d love for just an entire expansion dedicated to the xenon, maybe give them a “Home Cluster” that’s just stupidly rich in resources, extremely well defended, and maybe even connected to the other xenon clusters so they can move ships around more easily… Also bring in some new S/M/L/XL ships and maybe redesign the old capitals to give them more firepower

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 02:23

I would like to see a stronger Xenon, even if only through some custom game option.

I truly hope that it's not for lore reasons that they are keeping the Xenon lame. I just read this reply from a moderator in another thread.
Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 01:31
More powerful might not be healthy for the universe since it would mean factions struggle more to deal with them. Ultimately the universe should remain relatively stable without user interaction. The Xenon certainly should not end up conquering the universe.
I hope this is not an actual reason Egosoft is keeping the Xenon a non-threat to all factions.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 04:24

Treycore wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 00:12

Xenon capitals are just way too easy to defang
probably it is an egosoft will. a significant number of slot for shields protecting large turrets are not filled. I think it is to allows even average player to claim "glorious" victory, piloting, for exemple, a corvette.

It is true both for K and I.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 06:26

Come on Egosoft. Give us a Xenon difficulty slider. Let us mess up our games if we want! Some people want a peaceful universe, some want Xenon apocalypse. Why not give us an option for both types of players?

NightmareNight91
x4

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 09:16

Ill be restarting soon with custom start just to refresh the xenon sectors, everything gets way 2 boring. Would love to see a aggression slider and a ship count slider added to custom options for xenon.

Sirus5
x4

Post by Sirus5 » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 11:55

Although I was going to agree,
I got a Nodan and was running around in that
Suddenly got jumped by 2 Branch 9 Destroyers, about 20 "P", 30 "M" and numerous "N"

Had to run for the hills - OMG that was scary when you are only just getting established.

I do agree that things could be on a slider to allow more difficulty, but some people do seem to get
whole fleets of Xenon incursions and thus - I found that in my game the balance was okay for me

BlackRain
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by BlackRain » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 16:46

SirConnery wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 02:23
I would like to see a stronger Xenon, even if only through some custom game option.

I truly hope that it's not for lore reasons that they are keeping the Xenon lame. I just read this reply from a moderator in another thread.
Imperial Good wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 01:31
More powerful might not be healthy for the universe since it would mean factions struggle more to deal with them. Ultimately the universe should remain relatively stable without user interaction. The Xenon certainly should not end up conquering the universe.
I hope this is not an actual reason Egosoft is keeping the Xenon a non-threat to all factions.
That is just his opinion, a moderator doesn't necessarily have any kind of inside info and it should not be taken as information from a dev or anything.

Karmaticdamage
x4

Post by Karmaticdamage » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 18:01

Steam achievements don't really matter, no one is looking at each others game badges. Go into custom game creative, and make yourself ally to xenon and enemy to everyone else if you like. The game save becomes modified, but its still vanilla.

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 19:37

Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 18:01
Steam achievements don't really matter, no one is looking at each others game badges. Go into custom game creative, and make yourself ally to xenon and enemy to everyone else if you like. The game save becomes modified, but its still vanilla.
I’d like to try this at some point but your ability to create things and produce credits would be seriously hampered unless you spawned yourself in with a bunch of stations that can create everything in the game with a full fleet of miners/traders, you might be able to ally to yaki and sell to them for credit generation but I’ve never tried that

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 21:52

Treycore wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 19:37
Karmaticdamage wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 18:01
I’d like to try this at some point but your ability to create things and produce credits would be seriously hampered unless you spawned yourself in with a bunch of stations that can create everything in the game with a full fleet of miners/traders, you might be able to ally to yaki and sell to them for credit generation but I’ve never tried that
Such a thing certainly is possible, I've done it, you just need to make sure to select all blueprints, put down a station that has at least one of every production module, a shipyard, a couple miners, a couple freighters a construction ship, set Xenon and maybe Yaki to be Allied, all else to hostile, set up shop in Savage Spur, and you are good to go. There is no ice in these Xenon sectors, so forget about population for a while until you can snag some ice from hostile Argon sectors (Hatikvah's Choice III).

You could do hardcore mode and just steal construction supplies from build storages to construct your stations, rather than start with stations.

If you have the Paranid unification plot complete, for some reason they will be allied at game start despite setting hostile relations with them in the custom game, so you may need to declare war on TRI after starting the game.

Xenon ships will actually sell ore, silicon, and energy cells to you if you have some starting credits. You can also sell to them. Yaki will happily order ships from your shipyard, if you have their blueprints.

Return to “X4: Foundations”