Player sector - how offlimit for other factions

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GodAss

Player sector - how offlimit for other factions

Post by GodAss » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 20:27

how can i make my own sector offlimits for other factions? i doont want them come here to mine and patrol

builder680
x4

Re: Player sector - how offlimit for other factions

Post by builder680 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 20:57

As far as I know you would have to declare war on everyone and put a fleet by each jump gate

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 22:33

GodAss wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 20:27
how can i make my own sector offlimits for other factions? i doont want them come here to mine and patrol
War or bad relations but then you need to post fleets to make sure they don’t force themselves in

Or just be so far away from another empire that they won’t send ships

I think most ships only really travel at max 5 sectors away

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 22:04

I do wish we had to option to grant or remove "rights" to factions. Things such as: mining rights, station building rights, whether civilian ships can transit through your space, whether military ships can traverse your space, access for build ships (or not) etc. I don't even mind if the ability to grant these rights are linked to the reputation mechanic, but I would love the ability to tell those I have neutral/friendly relations with, what they can and can't do in my space. In my new play through I'm playing a sort of xenophobic people who are angry at the destruction of the Torus, and don't want anyone Argon in their space but they also don't want to commit mass genocide! :gruebel:

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 22:24

Y-llian wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 22:04
I do wish we had to option to grant or remove "rights" to factions. Things such as: mining rights, station building rights, whether civilian ships can transit through your space, whether military ships can traverse your space, access for build ships (or not) etc. I don't even mind if the ability to grant these rights are linked to the reputation mechanic, but I would love the ability to tell those I have neutral/friendly relations with, what they can and can't do in my space. In my new play through I'm playing a sort of xenophobic people who are angry at the destruction of the Torus, and don't want anyone Argon in their space but they also don't want to commit mass genocide! :gruebel:
Would love to have more diplomatic options, we can already declare war but we can’t declare peace, sometimes I just want to declare war for a particular objective then I’m fine with eventually going back to peace, the AI should consider peace based on whether they are losing badly or not

Or even making illegal goods based on the faction, I might allow food and humanitarian resources allowed for HoP to trade but I’ll stop all weapons going towards them in my sector

We just need an entire diplomatic window in the UI and possibly a dedicated patch towards diplomacy and empire management

For example I like setting up in turquoise sea, and since the region is not connected to Teladi space, I’ll usually make it a goal to invade hewas twin/company regard… I have no intention of wiping the Teladi off the map but I like my borders clean

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 20:25

Hmmm... Make Ore, Silicon, Ice, Methane, Helium, Hydrogen, and Nividium illegal... then set up Police in the sector, and allow your own ships to trade in those wares... and blow up other ships carrying them. It would be tedious, but it's one way you could keep others from mining without having to declare war on them. At least, I think it could work.

MatthewK
x4

Post by MatthewK » Tue, 21. Sep 21, 21:11

This policing approach works but not without penalty - each kill lowers your rep with owner faction so in the long run you will be hostile to everyone.

What works for me is this: i currently own Oort cloud & Pluto. I have also set up a small separate wharf in Oort Cloud that have selling ships restricted to only Yaki (i have friendly terms with them and they still exist).

The outcome is a never ending stream of Kuraokamis and Moreyas, one of the fastest and deadliest S/M ships, constantly attacking everything that moves into the sector and isn't me, and the best thing is - no rep loss for me. Actually, it can turn a decent profit, even if you buy the mats used for shipbuilding.

I have similar wharf in Hatikvas Choice to harass argons, and I already seen the Yaki repeatably take down Tokyo intervention group or a paranaid Zeus and Oddy when in sufficient numbers. They are surprisingly capable as your own wetwork group.

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 01:39

Too bad about the penalty while policing... because the logical expansion of that idea was to declare everything illegal and blow up everyone for free cargo LOL.

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 02:19

builder680 wrote:
Wed, 22. Sep 21, 01:39
Too bad about the penalty while policing... because the logical expansion of that idea was to declare everything illegal and blow up everyone for free cargo LOL.
Maybe set some traders/miners up in their space to try and counteract the falling rep lol

Set some cargo ships on “collect drops” in your sector and check back every so often lol

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Wed, 22. Sep 21, 04:22

Treycore wrote:
Wed, 22. Sep 21, 02:19
builder680 wrote:
Wed, 22. Sep 21, 01:39
Maybe set some traders/miners up in their space to try and counteract the falling rep lol

Set some cargo ships on “collect drops” in your sector and check back every so often lol
Player Police to NPC Trader: "Sir, please pull over, cargo is illegal in this sector."

NPC Trader: "What kind of cargo is illegal here? I'll comply immediately."

Player Police: "CARGO is illegal."

NPC Trader: "But I'm just carrying some food rations to feed starving Argon children in Split space!"

Player Police: <starts blasting>

xant
x4

Post by xant » Sat, 25. Sep 21, 12:09

Y-llian wrote:
Mon, 20. Sep 21, 22:04
This would solve many problems and open up beautiful possibilities: obtaining mining rights for certain sectors, competing with other corporations, provide diplomatic nuances that aren't just peace and war... mining without licence should be illegal. Would give people an incentive for sector ownership or mining in dangerous (but unclaimed) areas.

At the moment I have the problem that ARG is sucking me dry of Silicon (Savage Spur II) and there's not much I can do about it. For now I capture all Magnetars that enter my space, destroy their resource probes and shoot the occasional prospector. I prepare for war (once I have all blueprints that I need from ARG), but damn, I really wish I could just rescind a mining licence and be done with it.

Return to “X4: Foundations”