Photo Color Correction Should be the default IMO

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Thourion
x4

Photo Color Correction Should be the default IMO

Post by Thourion » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 15:09

Hey folks.
Long time lurker here, since the time SLUG was stealing the universe, burned my eyes through X3TC/AP/FL i always wanted to post something but never did.
Anyway here i am just with something like 10 hrs of sleep in 7 days, reason this time is of course X4.

A minor thing, among others, that always kept me for going into X4 was the coloring/lighting. I didnt know if i would get used to it, or if i could mess around with my gpu/monitor settings to compensate.
Right .. but i finally gave in, thankfully, and got the game fired up.

I went Ultra on the settings and noticed the Photo correction mode..
Oh sweeeet Jesus man ... Why oh why isnt it the default option! It really changed the way i see the game so much, that i like to ask any tuber/twicher/streamer out there, if reads this post, to go change that option for just like 10 minutes, and ask their viewers how they feel about it.

I know its subjective, in the eyes of the beholder and all that, but really man i lost my brain with the Photo mode selected, both in space or in stations, or Dear God during ship going into internal storage (didnt know that was a thing).

Well thats all that i managed to squeeze here, but as an ending note, thanks Egosoft for getting out of that game that i dont wanna talk about :lol: and for all the things you did with X4 like:
- Putting the claim tutorial (and for many other tutorials) point me right to the ship i wanted to claim, i totally was surprised thought it would start a new game or some test target.
- Having "legs" balanced. So that you can take quests and stuff, by not having to walk all over the place, but still for things like trading your inventory or crafting, the need to walk to trader/craft station "feels" nice.
- Encyclopedia Compare Ships options is cool, although it would be nice to be able to compare selected ships you own from the map.
- The double info panel on the map screen. It is a good fix even if you dont like the GUI in general.
I really like that i can have, lets say, both cargo and crew windows open. Or used like select ship on left from owned ships and instantly see what you want on the right panel.
- AND i wish i knew from the start, that you can click on the radar to select things, like a container ...

And yada yada, i could really go on and on, good things bad things so-so things ... all i know is after i close my eyes to catch a nap, i see a field of starts rolling left and right (stupid autoroll function haha) But yeah man Turn the bloody Photo correction on!!!

Ill see you on the Other Side ... weeeee loooossssssssssssssssse aaaaalllllllll.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Photo Color Correction Should be the default IMO

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 06:28

Dude get some sleep!

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 06:58

I agree with him. I very much like the colors when I switched to this mode.

Y-llian
x4

Post by Y-llian » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 08:58

Welcome lurker, good to have you here. Like Falcrack alluded to, sleep is good and important. But I enjoyed the stream of consciousness nature of your post! :) Never tried the colour correction mode but after your post, may well do!

SirConnery

Post by SirConnery » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 15:47

I use the "highly saturated" filter or whatever it's called.

Return to “X4: Foundations”