Anyone else a little sad you can't truly play as Xenon with the custom game start?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

NightmareNight91
x4

Re: Anyone else a little sad you can't truly play as Xenon with the custom game start?

Post by NightmareNight91 » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 06:22

Or the devs just took a lazy way out of letting us have fun and fly everything...my 2 cents *puts on flame retardant gear*

Malchar
x4

Re: Anyone else a little sad you can't truly play as Xenon with the custom game start?

Post by Malchar » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 06:44

You have mods to play as xenon or fly on xenons ships. For yaki I m not aware.

LameFox
x4

Post by LameFox » Sun, 26. Sep 21, 08:50

Rei Ayanami wrote:
Sun, 26. Sep 21, 04:18
Well, in-lore the Xenon we have in X:Rebirth and X4 are of a different branch than those we had in XBtf~X3:AP. While the latter ones (X-BTF~X3) were more close to the original terrraformers from Earth, probably with hardcoded instructions that each ship must have a cockpit so human colonizers can enter and fly them manually,which would explain why we could fly Xenon ships in earlier games, the branch we have in X:R/X4 seems to be a further developed one (it's branch 9, if i remember correctly), one where the instruction for a humanoid-compatible cockpit might have been erased.
They are the ones who write the lore though so it being written into lore doesn't make the decision less disappointing. Still at some point they decided Xenon ships would no longer be flyable by the players.
***modified***

Botschafter Von Den Glück
x4

Post by Botschafter Von Den Glück » Wed, 29. Sep 21, 22:55

Xenon are machines and the worst foe of mankind in here- and in argon universe.

you cannot play what is foreign.
Botschafter von den Glücksplaneten: Zu 100% Doktor. Die vertrauen mir!

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Thu, 30. Sep 21, 01:55

I'd want to fly Xenon ships, except that their ships are crappy performers compared to the other factions.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Thu, 30. Sep 21, 07:48

You can't because:
- Xenon ships doesn't have interiors
- Xenon ships doesn't have landing gear
- Xenon stations don't have interior
- the human walking mechanics looks odd with Xenon, who are machines.
- Xenons don't have NPCs, speech lines etc.

Return to “X4: Foundations”