Reputation Keeps Getting Hurt

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bazslaz

Reputation Keeps Getting Hurt

Post by Bazslaz » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 08:26

I am in Grand Exchange 1 which is owned by the TEL, I am attacking ZYA Khaak Mining Vessels but every time I do I lose faction with the Ministry. I am not sure why? Is it because the ZYA report me to security? If that's the case I still am not sure why Ministry faction goes down when I attack ZYA but no other faction goes down.

Imperial Good
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Re: Reputation Keeps Getting Hurt

Post by Imperial Good » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 08:49

Bazslaz wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 08:26
I am attacking ZYA Khaak Mining Vessels
Either you are using a third party mod or you are a bit confused. ZYA are the Split Patriarchy and they are friendly with the Teladi. KHK are the Khaak which are chaotic insectoids that hunt miners. There is not a Khaak Mining Vessel ship in X4.

Attacking ZYA in TEL space will get you reported to MIN sector security who will take action against you for attacking their friends, even if you are at war with ZYA. Attacking KHK in TEL space is good and both TEL and MIN like you for doing so.

TEL and MIN are not alone in liking ZYA. Both PAR and HOP also like them as well as FRF. Only ARG/ANT does not like them, and will actually like you for killing them in their space. From the other perspective ZYA does not like ARG/ANT so they like you killing those ships in ZYA space. PIO likely does care if you kill those ships in their space, but I am unsure if TER does given they are not the highest relationship with other factions.

On the other hand, everyone hates KHK and you can kill them freely anywhere and be doing a good thing.

Bazslaz

Post by Bazslaz » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 14:22

Imperial Good wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 08:49
Bazslaz wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 08:26
I am attacking ZYA Khaak Mining Vessels
Either you are using a third party mod or you are a bit confused. ZYA are the Split Patriarchy and they are friendly with the Teladi. KHK are the Khaak which are chaotic insectoids that hunt miners. There is not a Khaak Mining Vessel ship in X4.

Attacking ZYA in TEL space will get you reported to MIN sector security MIN who will take action against you for attacking their friends, even if you are at war with ZYA. Attacking KHK in TEL space is good and both TEL and MIN like you for doing so.

TEL and MIN are not alone in liking ZYA. Both PAR and HOP also like them as well as FRF. Only ARG/ANT does not like them, and will actually like you for killing them in their space. From the other perspective ZYA does not ARG/ANT so they like you killing those ships in ZYA space. PIO likely does care if you kill those ships in their space, but I am unsure if TER does given they are not the highest relationship with other factions.

On the other hand, everyone hates KHK and you can kill them freely anywhere and be doing a good thing.
Thank you very much for that explanation I didn't know any of what you said. Thank you again for taking the time to break it down for me.

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sun, 19. Sep 21, 23:02

It's take a while to figure who do faction like and dislike other faction, but pirate, xenon and Khaak is always safe to better reputation when fighting near of friendly station in friendly zone, (I noticed, I do not always get better reputation even in friendly space but no station nearly by, so you may lure enemies to near station or ship to get better reputation with them, I think.

Player is sort of independence from faction even player may choice background from that faction, I always find it's strange that let's said I am playing background as terran, but antigone Republic makw war with terran, shoot each other even there is xenon near by, yet Antigone republic didn't shoot me even thought I choice play as terran background in terran ship.

https://www.egosoft.com:8444/confluence ... I/Factions

You can use this website to see what faction like and dislike in more detail, click on faction you want to know more about it.

Note: you might want to be careful with pirate in Teladi space, sometime it's gray area in Teladi space.
Not sure if xenon and Khaak like player if player shoot their enemies in space, I never had test that and think it's not worth it for player personal, due limited buying ship, upgrade, goods, so go on.
Had a compassionate when you able... :)

oddible
x4

Post by oddible » Mon, 20. Sep 21, 06:46

Faction relationship status is all in the encyclopaedia in game too and it updates in real-time.

Yeah, despite your start, you are not any of the factions. You're a corporation that operates in their space. If you violates their laws, you lose rep. Think of it this way. If two gangs have a fun fight on the streets of Philadelphia, the cops still gonna arrest you if you get involved. Only eat to avoid that is a) only right in your own sectors or this of the enemy, or b) fight on sectors which have a common enemy, the faction which owns the sector is also at war with your enemy.

Return to “X4: Foundations”