Player owned Advanced Satellites disappearing

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

builder680
x4

Player owned Advanced Satellites disappearing

Post by builder680 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 07:07

I started playing a brand new game in the beta 4.1 (now the current version, I guess) a couple weeks ago now, and some of the original advanced satellites I had placed in Terran space (I started as Terran Cadet) seem to be disappearing. Is there a limit on player satellites? At this point I now have a lot of the universe being observed with satellites and am wondering if the oldest ones just disappear after a while.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Re: Player owned Advanced Satellites disappearing

Post by Ketraar » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 12:13

Maybe they were destroyed? Does the log show what happened to them?

MFG

Ketraar

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Thu, 16. Sep 21, 19:03

Ketraar wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 12:13
Maybe they were destroyed? Does the log show what happened to them?

MFG

Ketraar
It seems doubtful that dozens of satellites would have been destroyed in Terran space (I'm +25 with TER, and I'm talking about satellite network around Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Oort Cloud, Pluto, Venus, Earth, The Moon, Mars, Asteroid Belt, etc...), and digging through 80 pages of "general" logs isn't something I want to do. Why isn't there a separate log category for "stuff that got blowed up?"

Edited to add: If satellite destruction is a common thing and we have no way of maintaining a network other than manually ordering placement, that is damned annoying. Yes, I know there are mods for this but I'm trying to stay vanilla for as long as possible until I learn all the ins and outs of the base game and see what I really want from mods. I have no idea why a satellite placement script wasn't added to the base game, unless it's considered core gameplay to hand-place them all over the map. Personally I find it exceedingly tedious.

Falcrack
x4

Post by Falcrack » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 03:08

builder680 wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 19:03
It seems doubtful that dozens of satellites would have been destroyed in Terran space (I'm +25 with TER, and I'm talking about satellite network around Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Oort Cloud, Pluto, Venus, Earth, The Moon, Mars, Asteroid Belt, etc...), and digging through 80 pages of "general" logs isn't something I want to do. Why isn't there a separate log category for "stuff that got blowed up?"
Type "destroyed" in the search bar

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 06:15

Falcrack wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 03:08
builder680 wrote:
Thu, 16. Sep 21, 19:03
Type "destroyed" in the search bar
A simple thing which I forget exists. I've had no satellites destroyed. I dunno, maybe I'm crazy and didn't actually drop all the satellites I thought I dropped. I'll drop more I guess. Ugh...

JoeVN09
x4

Post by JoeVN09 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 06:45

I found that if your satellite coverage overlaps with an "improve satellite coverage" mission, the mission giver slurps it up for themselves even if it was there before the mission started.
~ Experienced X3 veteran. Dangerously incompetent X4 novice. ~

builder680
x4

Post by builder680 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 07:52

JoeVN09 wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 06:45
I found that if your satellite coverage overlaps with an "improve satellite coverage" mission, the mission giver slurps it up for themselves even if it was there before the mission started.
This is possible. I spent a lot of time trying to do missions.

Return to “X4: Foundations”