Video: Explosion damage in 4.10

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

GCU Grey Area
x4

Re: Video: Explosion damage in 4.10

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 13:40

Ragnos28 wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 12:57
As for other L warships, I do have a soft spot for the Rattlesnake. :P (I think I will test its AA abilities in 4.10 as well, with bolt M turetts this time, never had one in my current game) :) What the Rattle does best, imo, is engine sniping. Trust me, you don't want the front side of the Rattlesnake to be pointed at your engines :mrgreen: Is like the rogue in a fantasy MMOPRG's :mrgreen:
Ironically, one of the things which typified my Split games when flying a Rattlesnake was frequent engine trouble. They're very exposed & poorly shielded:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/8cbzy8rddw5ab ... 1.jpg?dl=0
By the way it's not by chance that this screenshot was taken at a shipyard. The very last thing I did in that game (before starting my current Terran game) was fly it to the nearest shipyard after this happened:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/epky5sg7flkvq ... 1.jpg?dl=0
Bloody ARG Cerburus frigates & their H Swarm missiles... :evil:

At least Behemoth has it's engines partially recessed into the hull:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lrc4le298n4xp ... 1.jpg?dl=0

By the way, if you're going to try M Bolt turrets for anti-fighter defences on a Rattlesnake can recommend pairing them with L Beam, at least on the stern turrets. The combination works well together. Essentially L Beam suppresses shields & keeps them down while an enemy fighter remains within 5km (which it pretty much needs to if it wants to shoot), while the M Bolt's finish them off.

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Fri, 17. Sep 21, 14:01

GCU Grey Area wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 13:40
By the way, if you're going to try M Bolt turrets for anti-fighter defences on a Rattlesnake can recommend pairing them with L Beam, at least on the stern turrets. The combination works well together. Essentially L Beam suppresses shields & keeps them down while an enemy fighter remains within 5km (which it pretty much needs to if it wants to shoot), while the M Bolt's finish them off.
Ahh, that goes w/o saying, L beam turetts is a standard loadout on all my destroyers, already have the main baterry to dish out dps. Plus, the split L beams make such an "agressive" sound :mrgreen:

surferx
x4

Post by surferx » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 15:55

Ragnos28 wrote:
Fri, 17. Sep 21, 11:04

I did mention that my Chimeras have terran shields :) I am sure I would not have been such a happy camper if the shields were split :P
Fwiw, I only use each race's equipment on any of my ships. So all Split ships in my game have Split engines, shields, etc. I do this because
1. Egosoft carefully balanced ships and equipment for the game, each having it's own advantages/disadvantages. In this instance, Split are on average faster, and good weapons, but shields not so much. I just like to retain that balance in my game.
2. It lessens the realism. You don't see, for instance, German aircraft switching to Chinese engines, (not without extensive modifications).
3. Personally I view it as a cheat, kind of making an IWIN ship, but do what makes you happy. Just my personal feelings. :D
(And yes, I'm aware pirate vessels carry different race's equipment. This was intended and does not unbalance the game. )

Interesting video anyway, I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
If you want to go fast, go alone.
If you want to go far, go together.

Operating System:
Windows 11 Pro 64-bit CPU: 13th Gen Intel Core i9-13900KF RAM: 32606 MBytes MBO: Gigabyte Z790 UD AC (U3E1) GPU: ZOTAC GEFORCE RTX 4080 Trinity OC NVIDIA 16 GB GDDR6 SSD: AJP600M2TB 1907 GB

Ragnos28
x4

Post by Ragnos28 » Sat, 18. Sep 21, 23:36

surferx wrote:
Sat, 18. Sep 21, 15:55
Fwiw, I only use each race's equipment on any of my ships. So all Split ships in my game have Split engines, shields, etc. I do this because
1. Egosoft carefully balanced ships and equipment for the game, each having it's own advantages/disadvantages. In this instance, Split are on average faster, and good weapons, but shields not so much. I just like to retain that balance in my game.
2. It lessens the realism. You don't see, for instance, German aircraft switching to Chinese engines, (not without extensive modifications).
3. Personally I view it as a cheat, kind of making an IWIN ship, but do what makes you happy. Just my personal feelings. :D
(And yes, I'm aware pirate vessels carry different race's equipment. This was intended and does not unbalance the game. )

Interesting video anyway, I enjoyed it. Thanks for posting.
Thank you, glad you enjoy the video :) I do have more :P In fact I started the "series" because I could not find good X4 fleet combat clips on youtube :lol:

As for the Chimeras having terran shields...I build them "in house", In my curent playthrough, I am terran, so my shipyards only "know" how to make terran shields :P (damn it, I now realise that even the engines must be terran :lol:)

I did not wanted to buy split shields or engines BP for something that was, initially, just an experiment and, from what I know, we can't "unlearn" BP (Chimera BP is the only commonwealth ship BP that I have bought). But, hey...at least the Raptor is pure split, build in a split shipyard, with split crew (in my story, the Raptor is an reward from the split, for services rendered :roll: ).

Return to “X4: Foundations”