How to mine hazardous region?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Bazslaz

How to mine hazardous region?

Post by Bazslaz » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 01:14

Is it possible to mine in hazardous region, I tried today with my small mining ship and it ate my shields in seconds and I died.

dtpsprt
x4

Re: How to mine hazardous region?

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 01:18

Hazardous regions in general are hazardous only when the player is in system (IS). You can give an order to a miner to mine there but you must avoid even passing it (this is where teleportation helps a lot).

Bazslaz

Post by Bazslaz » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 01:22

dtpsprt wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 01:18
Hazardous regions in general are hazardous only when the player is in system (IS). You can give an order to a miner to mine there but you must avoid even passing it (this is where teleportation helps a lot).
Is there a way to tell my miner to mine just crystals?

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 01:31

Bazslaz wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 01:22
dtpsprt wrote:
Is there a way to tell my miner to mine just crystals?
There is... let the miner mine and as he does so Loardstone, Spacefly Eggs and Unstable Crystals will be "spawn" with a small portion of the others by the mining activity. At that point you tell the miner to "Collect Drops". Then you have to either teleport in the Miner and tell the Pilot to "transfer Inventory" or land on the same station so you can go and do it or tell the pilot to "deposit Inventory", where he will land on PHQ and put them in the "Vault".

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 01:34

The miner will not mine crystals exclusively, it will have to be mining for Ore or Silicon. Forget Nividium at that stage as to avoid too much Khaak attacks

Treycore

Post by Treycore » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 02:05

dtpsprt wrote:
Didn’t this change with 4.10? I remember reading hazardous regions now work OOS

flywlyx
x4

Post by flywlyx » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 02:28

Not for S/M ships, L ship will be fine.

kmunoz
x4

Post by kmunoz » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 03:44

Treycore wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 02:05
dtpsprt wrote:
Didn’t this change with 4.10? I remember reading hazardous regions now work OOS
That's correct. In addition, NPC/AI miners will avoid The Void entirely unless you explicitly tell them to mine there.
Let's Play Poorly! - Suboptimal X4 Playthroughs

Eyeklops
x4

Post by Eyeklops » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 18:55

flywlyx wrote:
Wed, 15. Sep 21, 02:28
Not for S/M ships, L ship will be fine.
I tested this a bit in the Void hazard zone.
Crane with 3x TEL MK2 shields cannot regen fast enough and looses shield. Switching to 3x TER Mk3 shields out-tanked the Void hazard zone easily including a few angry Khaak buzzing around (they died shortly to the hazard zone lol). I'd be very wary of sending in a large miner that only has 1x or 2x shield slots. Maybe 2x with TER Mk3 would be OK but I haven't tested that configuration.

Return to “X4: Foundations”