L-turrets broken in 4.10?

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

|K.O.S.H.
x3tc

Re: L-turrets broken in 4.10?

Post by |K.O.S.H. » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 15:36

Alan Phipps wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 13:15
Well if the issue is here reported in 4.10 release and as yet there have been no updates/hotfixes since 4.10 release then the fix *must* be in a future build whether as an update or as a hotfix. :wink:
Yeah, thats how i read it.
But i missunderstood your post.

My "fixed" referenced the unreleased development built.

So I meant "it's fixed, but not released" ;)
Which is fine for me...
Wing Commander Mod - German Topic
06.07.11 - v1.1 RELEASED!

jlehtone
x4

Post by jlehtone » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 18:14

LameFox wrote:
Wed, 13. Oct 21, 15:28
I am pretty sure it is the player's target and is not useful unless the ship is nearby. I've used it during boarding for instance to have a stationary troop ship put its guns to use to bring shields down on a crippled destroyer. There used to be an equivalent "turret attacks what the ship is attacking" in X3 but it was one of those things we lost in the transition.
Fascinating. I had to test.

You are right, the "Attack my current Enemy" turrets of ships shoot at what you target. I was flying Peggy and watching, "painting" targets for the artillery. :o
Goner Pancake Protector X
Insanity included at no extra charge.
There is no Box. I am the sand.

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 13. Oct 21, 19:01

That could also explain a few of the 'Turrets don't work' complaints where the player's current target is not in range of the ship with the turrets using that order. :wink:

I tend to fly my personal ship in the general vicinity of my capitals doing the heavy damage to enemy capitals or stations, and I personally try to keep enemy fighters or drones from distracting my heavy-hitters from their task. That means that my current targets are not the capitals' target and are generally unsuitable for heavy weapon turret engagement in any case.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”