4.1 bug

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Flashand
x4

4.1 bug

Post by Flashand » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 03:15

mission buy ship and give it to company x.. paid 494092 for ship was supposed to get (+50% or 247046 )for the ship but was paid 580906 a difference of 86814 profit for the ship. i play for PROFITZ verified as i was supposed do 2 ships and was again +50% and was at 86813 for the second ship, a difference of 160233 so this is a bug a very big bug that makes the missions unviable now, i think i prefered whne i was making 1mill per ship

dtpsprt
x4

Re: 4.1 bug

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 04:26

I too preferred to make 1 mil plus per ship on these missions. Still it is not a bug per se... What is not "explained" is that the value percentage is on the retail value of the ship as used (since the faction did not get it at the Shipyard) which is deprecated.
Hint: The sooner you get the ship on the delivery point from the shipyard the best value you get (less deprecation)...

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 06:10

Depreciation? Different values? When I was messing around in beta, I just bought the ships with the high preset at rep level 20 and got very nice profits every time. No mods (to the game or the ships), no other-faction technology, or anything like that, and it worked great. (And FAR easier than the fleets where you are taking screenshots or writing down a shopping list, then having to return to get some part swapped out because missed one.)

P.S. And I think it counts ships that are docked now, too. You don't have to fly fighters off a carrier for them to count.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Tue, 14. Sep 21, 07:59

Zloth2 wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 06:10
Depreciation? Different values? When I was messing around in beta, I just bought the ships with the high preset at rep level 20 and got very nice profits every time. No mods (to the game or the ships), no other-faction technology, or anything like that, and it worked great. (And FAR easier than the fleets where you are taking screenshots or writing down a shopping list, then having to return to get some part swapped out because missed one.)

P.S. And I think it counts ships that are docked now, too. You don't have to fly fighters off a carrier for them to count.
The OP refers to mission by both the guilds, not war effort missions, where you have to deliver an lone freighter. They used to be about 1.5 million a piece with the freighter's cost around 300-400K. Now at actually bigger cost because you have to provide all equipment slots (which means low configuration instead of minimum) you get about 500-600K...

Zloth2
x4

Post by Zloth2 » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 06:44

Oh, I see!

I expect the profit margin will be higher when the Pioneers ask for a Baldric, but they don't have as many sectors to find a mission in, either.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home
and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here! It's wondrous, with
treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross, but it's not for the
timid." ---- Q

Flashand
x4

Post by Flashand » Wed, 15. Sep 21, 18:00

dtpsprt wrote:
Tue, 14. Sep 21, 04:26
I too preferred to make 1 mil plus per ship on these missions. Still it is not a bug per se... What is not "explained" is that the value percentage is on the retail value of the ship as used (since the faction did not get it at the Shipyard) which is deprecated.
Hint: The sooner you get the ship on the delivery point from the shipyard the best value you get (less deprecation)...
incorrect, the ship value +50% .. if the ship leaves the dock and goes straight to said location there is no depreciation.. never seen dep in this game ever any way. retail value of the ship was stated in my post and if i was to get that at 50% for what they gave me they would only have a frame of a ship with nothing added and you cannot buy that

SO BUG, and yes this was a baldric

Return to “X4: Foundations”