Assign ship to mission

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Raylak

Assign ship to mission

Post by Raylak » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 19:28

For those amongst us who are empire builders, it seems a little ridiculous that we'd leave our flagships and bases of operation to get in a little fighter to go place some mines, etc or repair a satellite or two to get rep with a faction.

Why not add a simple system to order subordinates to complete missions for us? It can require the a fleet to contain X number of S or M ships, and a fleet commander level of X based on the mission type. Then either have the fleet either disappear for X hours, become say Terran for the duration of the mission or even just automatically assign them the relevant orders to complete the task. Add a risk factor based on the mission danger maybe?

This would allow us to feel like leaders of a mercenary organization and would be accessible relatively early on, after getting 2-3 extra ships and a 3* pilot.

Falcrack
x4

Re: Assign ship to mission

Post by Falcrack » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 20:13

Raylak wrote:
Sat, 11. Sep 21, 19:28
For those amongst us who are empire builders, it seems a little ridiculous that we'd leave our flagships and bases of operation to get in a little fighter to go place some mines, etc or repair a satellite or two to get rep with a faction.

Why not add a simple system to order subordinates to complete missions for us? It can require the a fleet to contain X number of S or M ships, and a fleet commander level of X based on the mission type. Then either have the fleet either disappear for X hours, become say Terran for the duration of the mission or even just automatically assign them the relevant orders to complete the task. Add a risk factor based on the mission danger maybe?

This would allow us to feel like leaders of a mercenary organization and would be accessible relatively early on, after getting 2-3 extra ships and a 3* pilot.
You can order subordinates to place mines/lasertowers for you. You can order subordinates to drop resource probes to complete resource missions. There are many ways that you can order your ships to complete missions for you. But a few of them do require your personal intervention. There is no code for the AI to go repair satellites.

dtpsprt
x4

Post by dtpsprt » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 20:51

Raylak wrote:

To be hones these missions you are talking about are the smallest of them all An "empire builder" should not even consider them. Then, like Falcrack said, most of them you can actually order your subordinates to do them (and watch them fail due to horrific AI half the times). For those of us that actually use a space sim to be flying spaceships around and keep our empire building aspirations in SimCity et al they're just fine as they pose their own challenges at times (i.e. try to shoot all 10 locks on a round lockbox using one of your Nemesis' Bolt guns).

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Sat, 11. Sep 21, 21:16

Raylak wrote:
For those amongst us who are empire builders,
I m and I dont order my subordinates to make mission for me, and I dont myself. I simply completly ignore missions. All my rep come from trade. It cuts me only from Zya, and I dont care.

Raylak

Post by Raylak » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 05:58

dtpsprt wrote:
Sat, 11. Sep 21, 20:51
For those of us that actually use a space sim to be flying spaceships around and keep our empire building aspirations in SimCity et al
You mean that space sim where you are able to hire other pilots to fly ships you aren't piloting, and that same space sim where you can build stations that build things without you having to manually do it? It's almost like this game is intended to allow empire building.
Falcrack wrote:
Sat, 11. Sep 21, 20:13
There is no code for the AI to go repair satellites.
So I'm the only damn pilot in the entire universe that knows how to repair a satellite!
Malchar wrote:
Sat, 11. Sep 21, 21:16
I m and I dont order my subordinates to make mission for me, and I dont myself. I simply completly ignore missions. All my rep come from trade. It cuts me only from Zya, and I dont care.
Good for you, but maybe some of us want something more engaging to do than just wait for 15 million trades to complete with faction X before I can build their capital ships.

Malchar
x4

Post by Malchar » Sun, 12. Sep 21, 07:36

[/quote]
Good for you, but maybe some of us want something more engaging to do than just wait for 15 million trades to complete with faction X before I can build their capital ships.
[/quote]

In a normal, game according the cost for blueprints needed for both capital ships (engine weapons shield) and build the shipyard, just trading, You will have your 20 rep with one to three factions before be able to build your first L or xl ship.

Raylak

Post by Raylak » Mon, 13. Sep 21, 00:48

Malchar wrote:
Sun, 12. Sep 21, 07:36
[/quote]

In a normal, game according the cost for blueprints needed for both capital ships (engine weapons shield) and build the shipyard, just trading, You will have your 20 rep with one to three factions before be able to build your first L or xl ship.
[/quote]

In my game I am very good friends with my Terran buddies and I can build their XL ships, but I would also like to get some blueprints from PAR and the Split, maybe some TEL as well, mostly for the sake of trying out loadouts etc. However my options are, sent some autotraders over there or build up a new cluster of outposts and wait literally a few real life days to get my rep up, or go and do ****** missions for dozens of hours to make nice with these factions that are mostly neutral.

It doesn't really make sense when I can command multiple Asgards and would be capable of wiping them out, or destroying their enemies that they would ask me to go patch up some random satellite.

Missions should be more appropriate to a player's capabilities.

Return to “X4: Foundations”